Class Comparison

Another surprising thing I noticed while looking at MUs class is how heavy they are on the offensive side of the ball. Looking a little more, I noticed MU only has 5 defensive seniors on the entire roster. That number is crazy to me. 5 seniors on defense on your entire roster???? No wonder they had a tough time stopping that service academy.

Nebraska on the other hand has only 6 offensive seniors on the roster. I wonder why we struggled on O this year??

This goes back and tells us the age old saying of "offense wins games (8), defense wins championships (the North and Holiday Bowl)" is still true even in the age of the spread.

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect that with the direction our offense is going that I don't expect us to recruit a lot of big name WRs in the future. While we surely will throw more than we did in the '80s, 90s and the early 2000s, it's possible we will be throwing less than most of the Big 12 teams. If that is the case, our program will be less attractive to the so-called four and five star WRs. So we will need to recruit the hidden talent, which is fine with me. TTU recruited a lot of WRs who were not that well known in H.C. And Jeremy Maclin(sp?) wasn't highly recruited.

I just wouldn't get too hung up in the future if you see Mizzu continue to recruit big name receivers. And that is because they are a pass-first offense, while we seemed to be heading toward being a run-first offense. Since we are going the duel-threat direction at QB, we probably will no longer be competing with MU for QBs. More likely KU with Gill, KSU with Bill Synder, and perhaps Baylor.