Cameron Meredith

craigsker

I would look for Ankrah to start, but Cam will be subbed in ALOT next year for Jason and Pierre. You just haven't seen Jason in there much because of his redshirt this year. I agree with you though that Cam is a great player, hes just surrounded by even more talented guys.

From what Sipple said on USC, Jason Ankrah will start next year and has been practicing with the 1's for awhile... And If I remember right Pierre Allen is only a Junior. So I would say Cam will have the same role as this year.

That's assuming Allen beats Meredith for the starting gig. I wouldn't bet the farm on that. Allen was a starter and earned these stats:

Tackles - 16 solo/47 asst

TFL - 10/35 yds

Sacks - 3/23 yards

PBU - 5

QBH - 8

FF - 0

FB REC - 0/0 yards

Here's Meredith's line, starting zero games and coming in for spot duty:

Tackles - 13 solo/21 asst

TFL - 5/18 yards

Sacks - 1.5/12 yards

PBU - 1

QBH - 2

FF - 0

FB REC - 1/4 yards

Some of these stats may be situational, and I know Meredith got into a couple (or all three) of the Sun Belt games late, but the bottom line is, Allen's stats aren't blowing Meredith's away to such an extent that he should be comfortable in his starter's role heading into next season.

Meredith's motor seems to rev higher than Allen's, and I'd love to see what he can do with a starting role.

From what Sipple said on USC, Jason Ankrah will start next year and has been practicing with the 1's for awhile... And If I remember right Pierre Allen is only a Junior. So I would say Cam will have the same role as this year.

Link?

Because if this is true, it makes no sense. Bo is a firm believer in playing the best player. If Ankrah has been practicing with the 1's, then we would've seen him out there backing up Turner instead of Meredith.

Bo will gladly forego a redshirt to put talent on the field.

That's assuming Allen beats Meredith for the starting gig. I wouldn't bet the farm on that. Allen was a starter and earned these stats:

Tackles - 16 solo/47 asst

TFL - 10/35 yds

Sacks - 3/23 yards

PBU - 5

QBH - 8

FF - 0

FB REC - 0/0 yards

Here's Meredith's line, starting zero games and coming in for spot duty:

Tackles - 13 solo/21 asst

TFL - 5/18 yards

Sacks - 1.5/12 yards

PBU - 1

QBH - 2

FF - 0

FB REC - 1/4 yards

Some of these stats may be situational, and I know Meredith got into a couple (or all three) of the Sun Belt games late, but the bottom line is, Allen's stats aren't blowing Meredith's away to such an extent that he should be comfortable in his starter's role heading into next season.

Meredith's motor seems to rev higher than Allen's, and I'd love to see what he can do with a starting role.

For what it's worth, Pierre Allen plays the run about as well as any DE you will find at this level.

For what it's worth, Pierre Allen plays the run about as well as any DE you will find at this level.

That may be true, but is he better than Meredith? And in a pass-heavy conference, how valuable is that?

Hard to say. Lots of work and learning and getting better will be done between now and the end of August. I think it's safe to say that between Ankrah, Allen and Meredith, we're in pretty good hands. Whichever of these guys comes off the bench, there won't be any letup.

How'd you like to be an O Lineman and have any one of these three come in relatively fresh against you in the third and fourth quarter? :)

Everytime Meredith stepped on the field this year he made plays. It was actually kind of crazy. He is just always around the ball. His technique is unbelievable. I made sure when I noticed him on the field to watch him. He almost never lets a lineman get on him. His hand work is exceptional. I really think this kid is gonna be great for us next year.

Handwork is the key word there. You listen to Mr. Suh & thats all he talks about with the Pelinis. Dont let the O-line get their hands on you. Id say its working pretty good so far. Whoever starts @ DE next year is going to have earned it over some pretty darned talented people. I for 1 am very excited to see how it plays out. :snacks:

Link?

Because if this is true, it makes no sense. Bo is a firm believer in playing the best player. If Ankrah has been practicing with the 1's, then we would've seen him out there backing up Turner instead of Meredith.

Bo will gladly forego a redshirt to put talent on the field.

From what I've heard and read, Ankrah didn't pick up the defense early on this year so he along with the coaches made the decision to 'shirt. Meredith, as we have seen, was capable and a RrFr. so he took that role as backup.

Mark my words, Ankrah will be a beast. A lot of schools wanted him, watch his film from HS when you have time. This kid is a manchild. With he, Meredith, Steinkuhler, and Josh Williams we have some really young really promising talent at DL.

looked pretty good in limited playing time...seems to get a better push than allen or turner..doesn't get tied up in blocks...has a good burst to the ball and can chase people down from behind...gonna be a good one i think

I would say he is going to play as well this year as turner / allen did last year. In 2011 I can see the kid making atleast all conference 2nd team.