Cameron Meredith

craigsker

Handwork is the key word there. You listen to Mr. Suh & thats all he talks about with the Pelinis. Dont let the O-line get their hands on you. Id say its working pretty good so far. Whoever starts @ DE next year is going to have earned it over some pretty darned talented people. I for 1 am very excited to see how it plays out. :snacks:

Oh, now it makes sense. We didn't get held all year because O-lineman never touched our guys! Well, the officials are off the hook. <_<

From what Sipple said on USC, Jason Ankrah will start next year and has been practicing with the 1's for awhile... And If I remember right Pierre Allen is only a Junior. So I would say Cam will have the same role as this year.

Link?

Because if this is true, it makes no sense. Bo is a firm believer in playing the best player. If Ankrah has been practicing with the 1's, then we would've seen him out there backing up Turner instead of Meredith.

Bo will gladly forego a redshirt to put talent on the field.

Dont have one... And dont you guys think if Meredith was better then Allen he would have started? Stats arent the whole story. Allen did a great job of turning people back inside to Suh and Crick.

From what Sipple said on USC, Jason Ankrah will start next year and has been practicing with the 1's for awhile... And If I remember right Pierre Allen is only a Junior. So I would say Cam will have the same role as this year.

Link?

Because if this is true, it makes no sense. Bo is a firm believer in playing the best player. If Ankrah has been practicing with the 1's, then we would've seen him out there backing up Turner instead of Meredith.

Dont have one... And dont you guys think if Meredith was better then Allen he would have started? Stats arent the whole story. Allen did a great job of turning people back inside to Suh and Crick.

Stats aren't the whole story? Someone better tell that to the Heisman voters. <_<

Link?

Stats aren't the whole story? Someone better tell that to the Heisman voters. <_<

I think the Heisman voters are fully aware of that, Gerhart had better stats then Ingram and look at the stats Suh put up from the DT position... the Heisman is based who gets the most hype and for the longest amount of time

And dont you guys think if Meredith was better then Allen he would have started? Stats arent the whole story. Allen did a great job of turning people back inside to Suh and Crick.

Meredith is still in the process of adding weight from what I hear. He's very talented, but doesn't have Allen's grasp of the defense yet. Once he gets up to weight and fully understands his assignments, look the heck out.

Between Ankrah, Meredith, Randle and Williams, we've got some real talent on the line that is very young. I would not want to face these guys after a full indoctrination by Bo and Carl with redshirt years included.

Like the LBs last year?

Ummm no. Not like the linebackers last year. They didn't know the scheme of the defense nor were they physically ready.

He stated that last year he wanted to build depth since Callahan left none. So he redshirted 95 percent of that class.

Since depth has been made, he no longer has to do that, so the best players will play.

Link?

Carl Pelini said that Ankrah has been practicing with the 1's all year, because they feel he will be a special player. And it just depends on redshirting. Ankrah needed some time to fill out his frame, because he was undersized coming in here. They are excited about this kid.

It will be a dog fight for positions next year especially on the d-line. We are going to be stacked defensively for the next 5 years...bank on it. Oh and Carl also said that the defensive ends aren't getting the numbers that they probably could because of the system they have in place and our ends should be getting a lot of respect for their team first attitude. That was all at the last big red breakfast in case you guys were wondering.

I think Williams, like a lot of freshmen, was way undersized coming in, about 225 lbs. He added quite a bit of weight and is still learning how to carry it. He is extremely athletic and reminds me a lot of Allen when he came in here. Allen was about the same size and it took him all of his redshirt frosh year and a lot of his soph year to adjust then in his junior year he took off. I am expecting pretty big things from Williams and I actually think he has more of an upside than Meredith. Both are going to be very, very good for us in the long run IMO.