Playmaker

tmfr15

No doubt this offensive stuff has been beat into the ground, but consider this for a second. Maybe we are just one big time difference maker short of greatness. If Brandon Kinne, Niles Paul or some other guy were to develop into a scarry dangerous guy....would the pressure be relieved.

If Kinne for instance becomes an almost impossible to cover guy, does that make the other receivers get open easier? Does it create chances for the tight ends? Could our RBs go from good to dangerous? Would our QB and O-line look a lot more skilled?

Or, would one guy make some plays...and the rest of the offense continue to stall?

Does the entire O-line count as "one difference maker"?

:lol:

I wish it were that simple, OP. Don't get me wrong, I think if we had a guy like what Missouri had in Maclin or what TT had in Crabtree, our offense would have looked slightly better.

That said, our QB's still have trouble finding receivers and our o-line still can't block well on run or pass plays.

Our defense is championship caliber this year, yet even some not-outstanding teams were able to squeeze out a touchdown or two... The offense certainly hasn't been able to produce against defenses that are in the neighborhood of ours or even against some that were considerably worse. I don't think that this goes to one particular player or squad. I can't believe that our O line is SO bad that they can be blamed for everything. I've seen big holes....

There's something systemically broken with an offense that can't score points.

I also agree we are one playmaker away from being good and it's a QB. Also, that one playmaker at QB to make us good was never going to be Tyler Gabbert.

I don't care who the QB is, it could be Joe Montana, if the offensive line can't block for you, or open holes for the runners, the offense is going to suck. That is where this team is right now.

I also agree we are one playmaker away from being good and it's a QB. Also, that one playmaker at QB to make us good was never going to be Tyler Gabbert.

I don't care who the QB is, it could be Joe Montana, if the offensive line can't block for you, or open holes for the runners, the offense is going to suck. That is where this team is right now.

:yeah I think I hear a fat lady.... With the exception of a few long runs the RB's have gotten, most of the rushes end up in a big a** pile at the line of scrimmage where all our lineman end up because they don't drive their feet and get swamped at the POI.