Can Bo build an Ohio pipeline?

Ohio is definitely the most talent-rich state outside the sunbelt, probably the fourth-best state in the country. Bo and Carl have connections there. Plus the kids are used to cold weather. We got our first big commit out of Ohio in Heard, a HUGE get. Should've had another in Sean Robinson but TG made sure he grabbed the slot first, whether he was sure he wanted it or not. Traditionally we don't get much out of the Big10 states. Do you think Bo will be able to really get something going on a regular basis in Ohio?

Ohio is definitely the most talent-rich state outside the sunbelt, probably the fourth-best state in the country. Bo and Carl have connections there. Plus the kids are used to cold weather. We got our first big commit out of Ohio in Heard, a HUGE get. Should've had another in Sean Robinson but TG made sure he grabbed the slot first, whether he was sure he wanted it or not. Traditionally we don't get much out of the Big10 states. Do you think Bo will be able to really get something going on a regular basis in Ohio?

I would think so, but many kids there dream about going to Ohio St. much like kids here dream about being Huskers one day. It would be good to get a foot in the door there though.

It can't hurt that Bo is from Ohio, but we have not recruited Ohio well at all, in the past. If Bo wants to start reeling in the Ohio talent, he will have to win here and then take the OSU job. He'll definitely pull them in then.

Nah, after Nebraska joins the Big 10, they'll start reeling 'em in. :sarcasm

As I mentioned before, Michigan used to make a living recruiting Ohio. Obviously, they have the advantage of distance, but given their recent history, Nebraska may be well-suited to at least get a few of those kids.

Having grown up in Chicago, I can tell you just from my experience that very few kids think about playing for any other schools then the Illini, NW, ND, Michigan and OSU.

Now, I am sure it is a little bit different in Ohio but there are so many D1 schools in that state that its go to be hard to get those kids out.

I am not trying to sound like a know-it-all, its just what I think happens. I do think that for Bo to build a pipeline he will need to get one Ohio "stud" each year, that kind of starts to feed off itsself.

If we can start pulling one or two out each year then we are in good shape. Whether that will ever happen remains to be seen.

Think if we could still grab our Texas kids, mix in some Florida, Cali and Ohio kids we would be in great shape every year talent wise.

If we can start pulling one or two out each year then we are in good shape. Whether that will ever happen remains to be seen.

Think if we could still grab our Texas kids, mix in some Florida, Cali and Ohio kids we would be in great shape every year talent wise.

Don't forget the 1-3 that we seem to get out of Louisiana each year. I think getting 1-3 from Florida a year is a goal of this staff as well.

it would be nice to get one or two a year from OH, but i wouldn't count on much. a lot of good schools in their region to choose from. other than dejuan groce and frank solich, we don't have much history of success there.

it would be nice to get one or two a year from OH, but i wouldn't count on much. a lot of good schools in their region to choose from. other than dejuan groce and frank solich, we don't have much history of success there.

History has to start somewhere :)

Don't forget the 1-3 that we seem to get out of Louisiana each year. I think getting 1-3 from Florida a year is a goal of this staff as well.

Very true Cave