Sneaking Suspicion

Have this sneaking Suspicion that Mr. M Singletary and the SF 49er brain trust is plotting a way to use the 49ers two first round picks & more; to move up and snatch Mr Suh at #1. Singletary of all the coaches understands what he's seeing when Mr Suh runs laterally and beats the flow side def end to the hit. Colt Mcoy video highlights show just how talented SUH is on at least 3 occassions Suh was running step for step laterally and no one was going to turn the corner on him and no one did.

We've seen Suh do so much that he is not supposed to do. NFL coaches with a nose for defense will be the ones who will be salivating to win Mr Suhs attention.

Some NFL teams are close enough, that they might even pull a Ditka to get the #1 pick., Suh will go #1, unless a three way deal is worked out where other teams arrange who they'll get in a specific order based on need...bottom line Suh would be the catalyst for the the movement and any dealmaking.

St louis could use two first rounders and more, Detroit the same, KC needs O line but would take Suh if they get 1st pick, Haley would trade for more picks.

Singletary....has the game, and knows that there are few with Suhs talent, Kiper has OK's McCoy right up there but lets be honest, he's not SUH by a long shot.

If I was the 49ers I would be plotting to get the #1 Pick...and would use as many parts of these next two drafts to get him.

If Suh plays in any of the post season events, the NFL coaches who get to work with him, will spread the word.....

49ers if they get Suh....look out, whole new ball game.

I haven't really looked at the draft order or the roster thereof, but a team with a decent offense without huge needs, and already has a sold 1 technique player, should be busy finding ways to get up to that top spot. Suh will be a fantastic 3 tech or DE in the 3-4 scheme. It's been noted he maybe doesn't have the "moves" of other guys and will have to work on his pass rush in the pros. (It's so weird saying that about a guy who had 12 sacks and 24 QB hurries) Suh could really be special for a long time.

IMO, Suh should NOT play in any post season "show-case" games. The risk far outweighs the reward. Scouts have seen him and will get numerous opportunities to see him one on one with the combine and pro day at NU. Why run the risk of getting injured in a very meaningless game for a guy who is already ranked in the top 5.

Have this sneaking Suspicion that Mr. M Singletary and the SF 49er brain trust is plotting a way to use the 49ers two first round picks & more; to move up and snatch Mr Suh at #1. Singletary of all the coaches understands what he's seeing when Mr Suh runs laterally and beats the flow side def end to the hit. Colt Mcoy video highlights show just how talented SUH is on at least 3 occassions Suh was running step for step laterally and no one was going to turn the corner on him and no one did.

We've seen Suh do so much that he is not supposed to do. NFL coaches with a nose for defense will be the ones who will be salivating to win Mr Suhs attention.

Some NFL teams are close enough, that they might even pull a Ditka to get the #1 pick., Suh will go #1, unless a three way deal is worked out where other teams arrange who they'll get in a specific order based on need...bottom line Suh would be the catalyst for the the movement and any dealmaking.

St louis could use two first rounders and more, Detroit the same, KC needs O line but would take Suh if they get 1st pick, Haley would trade for more picks.

Singletary....has the game, and knows that there are few with Suhs talent, Kiper has OK's McCoy right up there but lets be honest, he's not SUH by a long shot.

If I was the 49ers I would be plotting to get the #1 Pick...and would use as many parts of these next two drafts to get him.

If Suh plays in any of the post season events, the NFL coaches who get to work with him, will spread the word.....

49ers if they get Suh....look out, whole new ball game.

I have been thinking the same thing for some time now. I am a huge Niners fan and I hope that you are right. Singletary would continue to bring out the best in the big man. Not to mention he would look spectacular in Red and Gold.

Oh, last I heard it is unlikely that the chiefs would take a DT in the first round due to the fact that they have taken a D lineman in the first round the last 2 years. Dorsey was finally coming around looking like what they expected before his injury before he injured his Knee a couple weeks ago. I don't know the severity of that injury though. I want Suh, but could you imagine the D tackle combo of Suh and Dorsey. Both coached up by Bo and probably the 2 best College D-tackles of the last 10 to 15 years. Holy $hit.

IMO, Suh should NOT play in any post season "show-case" games. The risk far outweighs the reward. Scouts have seen him and will get numerous opportunities to see him one on one with the combine and pro day at NU. Why run the risk of getting injured in a very meaningless game for a guy who is already ranked in the top 5.

I am in agreement with thread folks who say he should skip the post season combine games....

The Bowl game will have plenty of eyes, if Mr Suh plays to his goal of playing a perfect game, he should just forget the positioning hoopala, because the scouts have all that game film and Mr Suh has nothing too prove.

Wonder what he means by a perfect game?

Could be the combined total of DL plays, DL plays for loss, sacks by dline...

remember the KU game, where his function was to occupy...lets hope the staff places him in a postion to do what comes naturally and his Dline mates....play the game for him in tribute to how he's played so many games for them.

One last hope is the refs are given instructions to flag the holding, curtail all chop blocks, and for once let Mr Suh play as if the game were pure....and not a function of manipulation...1 game....

I am in agreement with thread folks who say he should skip the post season combine games....

The Bowl game will have plenty of eyes, if Mr Suh plays to his goal of playing a perfect game, he should just forget the positioning hoopala, because the scouts have all that game film and Mr Suh has nothing too prove.

remember the KU game, where his function was to occupy...lets hope the staff places him in a postion to do what comes naturally and his Dline mates....play the game for him in tribute to how he's played so many games for them.

One last hope is the refs are given instructions to flag the holding, curtail all chop blocks, and for once let Mr Suh play as if the game were pure....and not a function of manipulation...1 game....

yeah, if i see calls on suh like the play vs baylor for "tackling too hard," my tv certainly wont survive and i dont like the refs chances either.

Suh's perfect game is 78 sacks in 78 plays

i dont think that he needs to go to the combine

He won't be at the combine unless it's to do some questions and answers. Anyone seriously considering him will probably check him out in Lincoln beforehand and I'm sure that will be a limited jog around the field. I have a feeling that whoever gets the first pick will either trade the pick or trade Suh after the pick. There probably isn't a team that hasn't thought about what it would take to get him and having the first pick may get you several years of other first round picks. Struggling teams don't need one player. They need several.

He won't be at the combine unless it's to do some questions and answers. Anyone seriously considering him will probably check him out in Lincoln beforehand and I'm sure that will be a limited jog around the field. I have a feeling that whoever gets the first pick will either trade the pick or trade Suh after the pick. There probably isn't a team that hasn't thought about what it would take to get him and having the first pick may get you several years of other first round picks. Struggling teams don't need one player. They need several.

Unless a miracle happens, the Rams will have the first pick. They have taken d line recently and have about a million needs. I could totally see them trading down to someone like the 49ers or the Pats.

Unless a miracle happens, the Rams will have the first pick. They have taken d line recently and have about a million needs. I could totally see them trading down to someone like the 49ers or the Pats.

Pats could give half thier draft....and still be ahead because of thier skill in free agency. They actually have a youth thing going, but lots of free agents want to go there. A preference for Draft or free agency can shift year over year and not kill a team, its the net combination that determines success.

49ers would be well served to do what they can to get SUH, he would push them into the top tier legitimate playoff team winning with defense and ball control. Me thinks Singletary would get the most out of SUH and would scheme his talent better than almost any other coach.

I would love Suh to go with either of these teams, adding strength on strength...versus strength on weakness. Want to see SUH in the pros in the playoffs, not on the sidelines with a team that cant get over the hump, due to the revolving door of poor leadership, no direction back and forth, a consistant mess ....Chiefs come to mind, who never should have fired Schottneheimer, and then kept that boob GM for far too long.