Best ideas for a newborn of NU fans

jauken

My Son was born Tuesday Night at 7:06 PM... He was 21 inches long and right at 10 lbs.... He is a rarin daredevil Middle Linebacker to be and we LOVE him.

He watched his first husker game last night and burped when Rex ran the wildcat..I took that as a great positive sign :) HA HA

Thanks all for the advice.

BHAMHusker.. If you ever come up to huntsville, give me a buzz...ill have a drink or something with ya!

Daddy is now gonna get some rest!

Hello All,

If the good lord is willing and gracious, i will be expecting my FIRST son here on Dec 29th.. His mommy and daddy are huge NU fans. Ooh and yeah he is gonna grow up in a life of red !! Im hoping he is gonna be a big one as the doc is projecting him to be 24/25 inches at birth and prob 10lbs at last estimate. His mom is 6 ft and im 6ft 5... Maybe were gonna have us a future 2028 Defensive Lineman :)

Im looking to see if anyone has any ideas to help him grow up a big NU fan... As we live in Alabama, i dont want him crossing over to the tide ;) We will do our part cheering for the huskers on every game we get on TV or pay per view. But any other ideas are welcome..

Any idea on any cute NU baby stuff that anyone can suggest? I have a cousin who let me borrow some NU overalls.

Any ideas to help a nervous new father is also appreciated :) The mom's have the hard job, but all us expected fathers can do is take care of mommy, hope and wait..

Congrats and hope it comes out healthy.

For baby Husker gear try this place.

http://www.crawlstars.com/

Hello All,

If the good lord is willing and gracious, i will be expecting my FIRST son here on Dec 29th.. His mommy and daddy are huge NU fans. Ooh and yeah he is gonna grow up in a life of red !! Im hoping he is gonna be a big one as the doc is projecting him to be 24/25 inches at birth and prob 10lbs at last estimate. His mom is 6 ft and im 6ft 5... Maybe were gonna have us a future 2028 Defensive Lineman :)

Im looking to see if anyone has any ideas to help him grow up a big NU fan... As we live in Alabama, i dont want him crossing over to the tide ;) We will do our part cheering for the huskers on every game we get on TV or pay per view. But any other ideas are welcome..

Any idea on any cute NU baby stuff that anyone can suggest? I have a cousin who let me borrow some NU overalls.

Any ideas to help a nervous new father is also appreciated :) The mom's have the hard job, but all us expected fathers can do is take care of mommy, hope and wait..

Congrats to you and your wife. My advice, speaking as a mom, would be help out as much as you can...wash bottles, do laundry, hold the baby (don't worry, I promise he will not break! lol) Expect life as you know it to be quite a bit different, in the best of ways though. Again congrats to both of you and I hope you are blessed with a happy healthy baby. GO BIG RED!

My daughter was watching NE vs UCLA in '87 the day she came home from the hospital with her momma

Congrats to the both of you and good luck. We didn't push NU on our 1st born (daughter), except for baby pictures in NU gear, and a Husker cheeleader picture at age 7. She loves sports and is now 12. She probably only owns 5-6 NU shirts, but she has already decided she is going to attend UNL and was pissed about the Heisman.

Our son, we "named" after Tom Osborne, bought him all kinds of NU gear.... took him to a lot of home NU games with us, and the little "sh#t", now 9 is a CU Buff fan. Go figure.

So, we are taking our daughter to San Diego and leaving our son at home :)

Just get lots of family photos with all 3 in Husker gear. Advice on fatherhood??? Like mentioned above, get up at night to feed and let mother sleep. Understand her emotions and don't take some stuff personal, and love that little husker like no other.

Thanks for the link for the Crawl Zone. I'm gonna have to order some of that baby stuff. Hopefully I'll have a grandbaby someday. My son in law loves the blackshirts so I think those blackshirt baby booties might come in handy some day!

Advice -- be a "hands on" daddy! You'll never regret it and your wife will appreciate it!

I did my part to raise a Husker fan. My son had NU football cards, shirts, jerseys, etc, etc. Took him to games as a youngster and everything. Now he's a Canes fan. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I guess there is justice however. His daughters (yes, I'm a grandpa several times now) are Husker fans (but don't tell Daddy)!!!

There was the glitz and :bs:, they got lucky against us in the 84 Orange Bowl. He will come back to the fold.

T_O_B

I did my part to raise a Husker fan. My son had NU football cards, shirts, jerseys, etc, etc. Took him to games as a youngster and everything. Now he's a Canes fan. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I guess there is justice however. His daughters (yes, I'm a grandpa several times now) are Husker fans (but don't tell Daddy)!!!

There was the glitz and :bs:, they got lucky against us in the 84 Orange Bowl. He will come back to the fold.

T_O_B

Awesome advice yall... Especially about being a "hands-on" daddy...taking feedings so she can sleep... stuff i had planned in my head, but im wondering when the Tiredness sets in if ill be able to pull it off :) HA HA..

T_O_B

Awesome advice yall... Especially about being a "hands-on" daddy...taking feedings so she can sleep... stuff i had planned in my head, but im wondering when the Tiredness sets in if ill be able to pull it off :) HA HA..

Put it this way, don't plan on getting a good consistent night's sleep for awhile. Of course that comes with the territory of child rearing. You signed up for it, so handle it the best you know how. :thumbs

T_O_B

Put it this way, don't plan on getting a good consistent night's sleep for awhile. Of course that comes with the territory of child rearing. You signed up for it, so handle it the best you know how. :thumbs

I am in month 8 with my daughter and I absolutely love it! I never thought I would change the way I did....you will see things very differently when the little one arrives. Helping out your wife is the best thing that you could do. Even the little things like carrying the baby to her for feedings will help tremendously. Good luck!!!

Baby gear is great but if you really want him to be a fan then...

1. Put him in front of a Nebraska game on TV as often as possible.

2. Put him to sleep in his crib to "Hail Varsity" and "There's no place like Nebraska."

3. Feed him mashed Runzas.

4. No Barney the dinosaur! Get him hooked on Lil' Red instead.

Congratulations! And let us know when your blessing arrives!

The thing that surprised me the most were the expectations that never really materialized.

I figured from day-1 I'd put a football in his hand and a Nebraska shirt on his back..Live vicariously through him and hope he gets his college paid for from a Football scholarship to UNL...Take him skydiving with me..Kayaking..Race motorcycles..Living on adrenaline.

Took one look in his eyes and prayed he'd never get hurt..Even thought about trying to talk his mom into stirring him into more peaceful pursuits.

The kid (now 8) is amazing..We named him after my Big Brother who was the kindest, most beautiful person I'd ever come across..The name definitely fits.

He's the 2nd or 3rd smartest kid in his class..Can have a two hour discussion with me about the origin of God..But also the scrawniest (He says there's one girl in his class that's a quarter inch shorter than him).

He tries to root for the Huskers so I don't get sad, but he's still a Momma's Boy and openly roots for Ohio State hard...Just to prove he's isn't perfect.

Wife is in hospital as we speak inducing ...please think of prayers for her and my newborn son health and safety... Last night as a non-parent.... and tomorrow i should have hopefully a healthy 25 in , 10 lb son...

Ill update as soon as i can on her condition tomorrow.. any prayers are appreciated.. heck im nervous for everyone ;)

Wife is in hospital as we speak inducing ...please think of prayers for her and my newborn son health and safety... Last night as a non-parent.... and tomorrow i should have hopefully a healthy 25 in , 10 lb son...

Ill update as soon as i can on her condition tomorrow.. any prayers are appreciated.. heck im nervous for everyone ;)

Just be there for her in the delivery room and try not to piss her off. They get superhuman strength during this whole process. As a father of twin 6 month old boys I'm going to tell you right now, you will become more aggravated than you've ever been in your life. However, when they smile at you it makes it all worth it. I never thought I'd be willing to give my life up without a fight for someone, but my boys, I'd do it in a second. Just come to terms with the fact that you have no patience and if you think you do you'll find out you don't. :lol: The first few months are pretty damn rough, but once you get through that it gets alot more fun. Get the book BabyWise right now and read up on the information in that book. If that book can get twin boys to sleep through the night, it'll work with a singleton. I'm not a book reader by any means and I'm against any book giving me advice on how to raise my kids, but this book did wonders for the sleeping schedule.