SIGNED DT Kevin Williams

My guess is that it isnt long before Kevin is "N."

Thats what I like to hear... :koolaid2:

However I remember a certain recruit toward the end of last year you guessed would be "N" but never was. I think it was Ow something or other. :facepalm:

The good news is that most of the time you are right, and we generally agree on the quality of players that we get so I'm goin with a :thumbs for now, but if you are wrong you will get a :nutz !

Go Big Spring Game Weekend Recruit Push! :bonez

:lol: Ha! Got to give EZE a break. Following recruiting is like being a weatherman.....the only profession where being right 70% of the time gets you a raise.

I don't think ppl will ever let go of the fact that EZ said he thought Owa would be in...its just going to stick with him forever..Don't worry EZ, you weren't the only one who said you thought he was "N" Many, many people thought he was. Keep up the good work EZ. :corndance

P.S. If your wrong again we will burn you at the stake :lol::lol:

I don't think ppl will ever let go of the fact that EZ said he thought Owa would be in...its just going to stick with him forever..Don't worry EZ, you weren't the only one who said you thought he was "N" Many, many people thought he was. Keep up the good work EZ. :corndance

I dont think they will either. Owa blind-sided quite a few of us. To be honest up until I learned that morning that Owa was not going to be a husker I was the most confident about him being N. I thought Carnes was long gone and I had no clue what Cooper was planning on doing.

I dont know if I got many more wrong other than him though, but he was the big one.

Kevin Williams loves our staff, he is coming down with his whole family, he loves Suh (who will be at the Spring Game), he moved his timeline up. So all of these things lead me to believe that he will commit to us sometime after the Spring Game but before summer as others have said.

I dont think they will either. Owa blind-sided quite a few of us. To be honest up until I learned that morning that Owa was not going to be a husker I was the most confident about him being N. I thought Carnes was long gone and I had no clue what Cooper was planning on doing.

I dont know if I got many more wrong other than him though, but he was the big one.

Kevin Williams loves our staff, he is coming down with his whole family, he loves Suh (who will be at the Spring Game), he moved his timeline up. So all of these things lead me to believe that he will commit to us sometime after the Spring Game but before summer as others have said.

Where does Kevin fall in the overall picture of this year's DT choices? Both in general and on our coaching board?

Where does Kevin fall in the overall picture of this year's DT choices? Both in general and on our coaching board?

Williams, Russell, Norton, and Peat (in no specific order) are our big four I believe. I am not sure about the coaches' opinions but in mine Williams should be our top priority. He really is Suh-ish when you watch his videos.

Williams, Russell, Norton, and Peat (in no specific order) are our big four I believe. I am not sure about the coaches' opinions but in mine Williams should be our top priority. He really is Suh-ish when you watch his videos.

Well it sounds like that won't be much of a problem. :)

So say all 4 want N... how many do we take? We took 2 DT's last year and don't lose any this year... Crick will be a Sr. next year (2011), Steinkuler will be a Jr.... everyone behind them will be back at least another year or more. Both Crick and Moore will be Sr's in 2011... so for our 2011 class I don't see us taking more than 2 guys...

So say all 4 want N... how many do we take? We took 2 DT's last year and don't lose any this year... Crick will be a Sr. next year (2011), Steinkuler will be a Jr.... everyone behind them will be back at least another year or more.

Whoever commits first?

It's also a possibility that Crick will have the chance to go pro if he has another year like last year.

Crick could have a chance to go pro after next year but I don't think it'll happen because of what happened to Suh and I believe that Crick learned from what Suh did by staying when answering questions from reporters.

It's also a possibility that Crick will have the chance to go pro if he has another year like last year.

Crick could have a chance to go pro after next year but I don't think it'll happen because of what happened to Suh and I believe that Crick learned from what Suh did by staying when answering questions from reporters.

Definitely a possibility, however Crick had a Suh-like year last year. If he repeats it and maintains his current level of play––or unthinkably exceeds it––there's not much higher to go.

I really think that if all four of them want to commit the staff takes all of them. We have to capitalize on the momentum we have right now and since DT's are so rare and seem to be even harder for us to get we have to take them when we can get them. It's also possible that one or two of them contribute as true frosh and the other two or three redshirt and essentially become a part of the next years class.

I see us taking two no more than three. If all four want aboard we might take them because scholarships are not tight this year in the least bit.

so...you're predicting 2, 3 and 4. :LOLtartar

if we get our top choices, i could see us taking three. awfully hard to turn away top players at the single hardest position to recruit well.

four is stretching it though, unless one of them has the possibility of playing DE or OL. can't see us getting four top DT's though, even if we wanted to.