When will the pain end?

Come on guys it is over. Life is not always fair.

We lost the game, and I am certain we could look at every game where time was wasted or shelved.

But it does no good.

Move forward and support the Huskers against another tough foe.

Arizona needs our attention, it could be as close.

Yes we lost the game and its time to move on but when you see instances like the Eagles/Giants game or the A&M/UG game and the referees don't review the play clock to determined if there is still time left before ending an half when the Huskers had the exact same thing and the referees allowing 1 second back on the clock. That a lone should send a red flag to any fan whether you're a Husker, Longhorn, Aggies, Hawkeye, Sooner, etc fan.

One thing that has bugged me is the way the referee waved Bo Pelini back to his sideline and the face the referee made before announcing that they were going to put the 1 second back. Maybe I'm looking more into but its like that referee had it in his mind set that they were going to put more time on the clock whether it was the right call or not. I agree that 1 second should've been put back on the clock but the way the referee acted still boggles my mind.

To add or not adding an extra second or too is something that the NCAA should really sit down over the off season and talk about it because in several BIG games where adding or ending a half/game has changed the outcome of the game in a huge way and screwing the players/fans/University.

Why do they review the 1 second for the Big 12 title game and not the 1.3 seconds for the Independence bowl....whats the big difference between the two games? I understand that things have happend in the past as well as the present that won't change but because of those certain instances rules change to make sure those events don't happen again most notable the new replay reviews.

I've gotten over the Texas game but when you see numerous games that had the same thing that happened to our Huskers and they don't review the time clock is the point where fans and/or Universities need to put their foots down and speak up because these players practice hard day in and day out and to get screwed is cold hearted.

I hate bringing this up but with 2 seconds till the half tamu went to down the ball the ball hit with about .3 sec left...the refs never replayed it and the announcers are wondering y they didn't...BsC

This goes to prove that the replay rule is subject to interpretation by the head official, and not a mandatory replay rule as was stated by that douche nozzle Beebe unless the Big 12 has different rules governing this.

In college basketball there has to be .6 sec left on the clock to allow a play if I'm not mistaken, but most clocks used for college football do not count down by tenths of a second, so I don't know if this rule applies.

Yes, as a matter of fact the Big 12 does have different rules. From what I read in a different thread on this board, Big XII rules do not allow for the reviews of the game clock (although NCAA rules do).

Come on guys it is over. Life is not always fair.

We lost the game, and I am certain we could look at every game where time was wasted or shelved.

But it does no good.

Move forward and support the Huskers against another tough foe.

Arizona needs our attention, it could be as close.

As close???

With our offense we could lose to ANYONE.

With our defense we could beat ANYONE.

Besides its up to our guys - not the fans... And honestly you say talking about it does no good? why not? because someone like you comes and throws dirt on the fire. If we all get fired up about it and keep beating it dead... they have to give us attention and we deserve a better explanation or just flat at admission that the game was planned for texas to win.

Actually giving a ref an opportunity to alter a game with his decision is what lost that game. It took a lot of mistakes to give the horns an opportunity. I still blame most of our woes on the piss poor qb play we have seen. Line blocking? How do you spread the field when the defense has absolutely no fear of your pass game or your qb's ability to scramble or make plays? How do 5 or 6 block 8 or 9? Basically I blame the bulk of our losses against lousy qb play and the terrible play calling that resulted from it. That's why Bo defends Watts so hard. He knows what Watts has to work with. The most pathetic qb in modern NU history.

Meh, the 2 pass interference calls that were clearly BS led to 10 points were pretty crucial too... (the td woulda turned into a FG anyways).

Yes, Adi did have to kick it out of bounds, Asante had to horse collar and mccoy had to do what great QBs do and led "the most wonderful 4th Q comeback ever" with his brilliant...15 yard pass.

But at the same time there were so many other calls that always happened to be in texas' favor extending drives and keeping them alive....

A lot of shadyness and things MUST change, our game as an example.

Yes we lost the game and its time to move on but when you see instances like the Eagles/Giants game or the A&M/UG game and the referees don't review the play clock to determined if there is still time left before ending an half when the Huskers had the exact same thing and the referees allowing 1 second back on the clock. That a lone should send a red flag to any fan whether you're a Husker, Longhorn, Aggies, Hawkeye, Sooner, etc fan.

One thing that has bugged me is the way the referee waved Bo Pelini back to his sideline and the face the referee made before announcing that they were going to put the 1 second back. Maybe I'm looking more into but its like that referee had it in his mind set that they were going to put more time on the clock whether it was the right call or not. I agree that 1 second should've been put back on the clock but the way the referee acted still boggles my mind.

To add or not adding an extra second or too is something that the NCAA should really sit down over the off season and talk about it because in several BIG games where adding or ending a half/game has changed the outcome of the game in a huge way and screwing the players/fans/University.

Why do they review the 1 second for the Big 12 title game and not the 1.3 seconds for the Independence bowl....whats the big difference between the two games? I understand that things have happend in the past as well as the present that won't change but because of those certain instances rules change to make sure those events don't happen again most notable the new replay reviews.

I've gotten over the Texas game but when you see numerous games that had the same thing that happened to our Huskers and they don't review the time clock is the point where fans and/or Universities need to put their foots down and speak up because these players practice hard day in and day out and to get screwed is cold hearted.

Relating to your 2nd paragraph, I 99% agree. I felt that exact same way. Then I read into the rulebooks a little more to find out how they worked and realize what they did was against the rules. So the only part I don't agree with is not only did the way they went about putting the second back on the clock was wrong, but it was indeed against the rules and, therefore, just that: wrong. NCAA rules call for reviews to put time back on the clock, Big12 rules (which override NCAA related rules in a Big12 game) do NOT allow changing a clock unless the play is reviewable and overturned.

Relating to your last paragraph:

100% agree. You bring up a great point I often forget about but it's a strong point. Bo and coaches taught the kids how to win, what they needed to do to win, and got them fired up to win. Anyone who watched the game could tell you who won and who wanted the win more. We outplayed them, we were more physical, we won the little battles, we did everything executed right, we played as a team, and we had more heart than they did.

What is Bo suppose to say to those guys? All week he had been preaching if you go out and do this you WILL be rewarded. Then something that sh**ty happens, seriously? Those kids (any team) work too hard balancing school, social life, and football to be treated that way NO MATTER WHAT THE MEDIA/MONEYMAKERS WANT. it's about the young student athletes - no one else.

The fact that society has gone so far backwards to allow the people with money to talk in such a meaningless sport is despicable.

Yes, as a matter of fact the Big 12 does have different rules. From what I read in a different thread on this board, Big XII rules do not allow for the reviews of the game clock (although NCAA rules do).

This is correct on the basic level. So then you have to question which rules do you abide by? NCAA rules are the "top" rules "supreme court" if you will. But not exactly... if there is a rule in a smaller, say conference, rulebook that RELATES TO an ncaa, it is said to override the NCAA rule if it is a game where both teams abide by said rulebook. Obviously a big12 championship game both teams abide by big12 rulebook, which would say the game was over Nebraska victors over Texas 12-10.

You know this is almost like a young girl whining about missing her period, in her eigth month.

Not much can be done about it.

Everybody knows this skersfan, but it is interesting that already a couple of bowl games have had to deal with this, and in both instances the time was not reset.

I concur, what's done is done and move on.

But I do believe the NCAA as well as the individual conferences need to clarify this rule once and for all instead of leaving it to the official's discretion.

When will the pain end?, Beating a dead horse - Texas vs Neb

Answer: October 16th 2010. I am very confident this is when the first part of healing will begin.

I said it before and I will say it again. I felt that last bit of "Longhorn Magic" fade away as that winning field goal sailed through the upright in the BIG XII Championship game. The last hurrah, the last bit of wind in their sail. The end of their streak of success against Nebraska.

I expect the coaching staff to emphasize this game and I would like to see billboards up all over the place with :01 13-12 next year. Not that a reminder will be too necessary.

I will not be satisfied with anything less than a domination of Texas and bruised and battered Longhorns in that game next season.!

If you don't like the thread, you can choose not to read it.

Or he can choose to post his answer to the question in the thread title: When will the pain end?

IMO - people can be upset about it as long as they want, I don’t really care. Some people like to dwell on things some don’t, it is what it is and nothing is going to change it.

At the end of the day - The Penn State receiver was in bounds, the Penn State Receiver still caught the TD, Turner Gill’s pass is still incomplete, Keith Jackson still killed us in the 4th Quarter, William Floyd still got points for his TD, Byron Bennett’s still shanked the kick, James Brown still completed that 4th down pass, LeKevin Smith still didn’t fall down, Terrance Nunn still fumbled and Colt McCoy still got a second put back on the clock. Did I miss any? :dunno

Actually giving a ref an opportunity to alter a game with his decision is what lost that game. It took a lot of mistakes to give the horns an opportunity. I still blame most of our woes on the piss poor qb play we have seen. Line blocking? How do you spread the field when the defense has absolutely no fear of your pass game or your qb's ability to scramble or make plays? How do 5 or 6 block 8 or 9? Basically I blame the bulk of our losses against lousy qb play and the terrible play calling that resulted from it. That's why Bo defends Watts so hard. He knows what Watts has to work with. The most pathetic qb in modern NU history.

:yeah Although I dont blame totally blame Lee. I'm not a math nerd, but by my count if we would of scored one touchdown, say the time we started on the 10, then we win. The one second is moot. The O not being able to go TEN yards is the issue, I dont know if that is Watson's fault, Lee's, or whatever, but when you cant go TEN yards, and settle for a FG, and look happy about that, then we have deeper issues.

Also it seems most of these 1 second issues are before half time. Most people dont care, there is still time to finish the game. IMO its not the same.

It just bugs me that all some want to talk about is the past.

Yea it hurt, but water under the bridge.

We have a very important game coming tomorrow and no one really seems interested in it.

Seems very few from the board are going to the game.

I would rather see us talking about how we beat Arizona, than why we lost to Texas.