Sooooo did anyone notice?

That we finally beat a top 20 team....first one since 2001. Now we don't have to have our name next to Duke for the longest streak without beating a top 20 team.

Nice point, didn't realize that. All the more reason to celebrate and feel great as a fan.

I did notice that Wats was up in the press box for the game. Wasn't he on the field quite a bit for awhile there this season? I was thinking he was...could be just high from the win though.

That we finally beat a top 20 team....first one since 2001. Now we don't have to have our name next to Duke for the longest streak without beating a top 20 team.

Nice point, didn't realize that. All the more reason to celebrate and feel great as a fan.

I did notice that Wats was up in the press box for the game. Wasn't he on the field quite a bit for awhile there this season? I was thinking he was...could be just high from the win though.

I believe (not sure, though) that he came down from the box once Green got the starts in the middle of the season. That's what my memory says, anyway.

Actually, Zona was ranked #20 in BCS poll and #22 in AP poll. We were ranked #20 in AP and #22 in BCS.

FYI, Oklahoma was ranked #22 in AP poll when we beat them.

Either way you cut it, NU defeated three Top 25 teams this year.

UP #24 Missouri

UP #22 Oklahoma

UP #22 Arizona BCS #20

I brought this up a while back...and its actually a top 19 team period, not at home, not on the road...just period. We'll still have to wait till next year to get off that snide.

Either way, This was a HUGE statement game going into next year.

Jesse Palmer/Craig James absolutely love Bo Pelini, it was evident in there commentating tonight.

Bo made a statement at the trophy presentation that was uncharacteristic of him.

He said!

NEBRASKA IS BACK AND THEY ARE NEVER GOING AWAY!!!!!

He never makes statements like that.

The team tonight was fantastic to watch, the Arizona fans around me kept saying they had never seen anything like our defense.

It was a thing of beauty tonight. Zac played a fantastic game and now learning of the extent of his injury makes things much clearer.

I still stand by my humbe opinon that Cody is not the answer.

Zac will be the QB next year if he heals properly.

All in all one of the best Husker games I have been to. Nearly as perfect as anyone could expect.

Bo made a statement at the trophy presentation that was uncharacteristic of him.

He said!

The team tonight was fantastic to watch, the Arizona fans around me kept saying they had never seen anything like our defense.

It was a thing of beauty tonight. Zac played a fantastic game and now learning of the extent of his injury makes things much clearer.

All in all one of the best Husker games I have been to. Nearly as perfect as anyone could expect.

I am jealous! Like you said, Cody may turn out to not be what we all hoped, time will tell for sure. Hopefully Zac will heal after the surgery. If he does and Spano is healthy, could be an interesting Spring at QB.

The Arizona fans had to be shell shocked by what they were watching.

He said!

Cody may or may not turn out to be the answer. Is he a Tommie Frazier? No way. However, I'm not willing to cast him off just yet. He needed to redshirt this year, and hopefully he will next year. Missing that junior year of high school playing experience has showed up. He just isn't ready yet.