Niles Paul ascends a few steps

Twodocs

Niles Paul who really showed some Husker True grit this season has ascended a few steps. And what a joy it is to see. His uncles Ahman Green and Mike Green 1969 have to be very proud of his Holiday Bowl game.

With that bloodline, it is exciting to know the best is yet to come from Niles Paul!

"Niles Paul did a little bit of everything for Nebraska on Wednesday, and the junior wide receiver was rewarded for his efforts with a large, heavy trophy.

Paul earned the Holiday Bowl’s offensive most valuable player award after the Huskers’ 33-0 victory over Arizona.

Paul caught a 74-yard touchdown pass — Nebraska’s longest touchdown reception ever in a bowl game — and finished with four catches for 173 yards. His 796 receiving yards this season rank fifth all-time at NU in a single season.

“I’ve been saying all year we’ve got a very potent offense, and we just needed some opportunities to go out there and make plays, which we did,” Paul said. “I’m just glad Coach (Shawn) Watson put us in the position to do that.”

Paul sparked Nebraska in special teams, too. He split two defenders on a 28-yard punt return that set up an Alex Henery field goal, and he returned the opening kickoff of the second half 49 yards. That led to another Henery field goal.

“I was just doing what I can for the team,” Paul said. “Those other guys went out there and blocked hard for me, and I just followed my blocks.”

Paul saved his biggest play for last, when he caught Zac Lee’s deep pass in stride and ran untouched to the end zone.

“The corner was biting on a lot of short routes,” Paul said. “He was just sitting there, so we talked to Coach about running a double move, and it worked, obviously, because he fell.”"

link

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/12/31...f6854185479.prt

He always had the tools. He was a great player from the neck down.

Last night he played like the player we recruited him to be. Lets hope this continues through spring ball and into next summer where he is a clear game breaker all the way through the season.

Its NFL or bust if you work hard this off season Niles.

:yeah I have wanted to throw him under the bus on many occasions. He has so much upside but it seems he doesn't go out of his way to grab it. Somewhat like the fumbled lateral pass against Tech. He just didn't go that extra step that he is capable of. Lets hope he has a great season next year.

I too have threw him under the bus, he cannot turn into Mr. Stonehands next year, tends to drop the big pass.

Also, act like you have been in the end zone before!!

:facepalm:

NILES burned his shirt for nothing. So did Prince. If Prince had his way even more he'd be a RB. Thankfully BC didn't allow that.

Sometimes guys just don't want to redshirt. You could say Bo burned Dennard's shirt for next to nothing. I guess he made a good block on a KR that sprung Niles for a TD last year. And Antonio Bell? Wow.

People are just going out of their way to rag on BC. I mean, seriously guys. He hasn't been our HC for two years now. Let it go.

NILES burned his shirt for nothing. So did Prince. If Prince had his way even more he'd be a RB. Thankfully BC didn't allow that.

Sometimes guys just don't want to redshirt. You could say Bo burned Dennard's shirt for next to nothing. I guess he made a good block on a KR that sprung Niles for a TD last year. And Antonio Bell? Wow.

People are just going out of their way to rag on BC. I mean, seriously guys. He hasn't been our HC for two years now. Let it go.

It's George Bush's fault? :dunno

It's George Bush's fault? :dunno

yes Callahan and Bush......using them as excuses will never grow old. :dunno