So... Do we root for Texas?

Imo those who root for texas because it makes our confrence look better, are over complicating things. We always hold our own destiny in our own hands. If next year we go undefeated, we will be in the championship game. At that point any "respect" the Big 12 has earned from this game, or any game this bowl season, will just be banther for the talking heads on espn and mean nothing towards the outcome of our game..

If we lose a game or two next year, arguing if we should be ranked 15th or 10th based on our confrence strength is meaningless anyways. No one cares or remembers who was ranked number 9th, or 14th etc.etc..

We're in the big 12, not mountain west or confrence usa. The big 12 doesn't need to earn respect around the country..

So, having said that, I hope Texas gets beaten like rag dolls and I get a shot of Colt tearing up on the sideline..

It is a game time decision for me. I always have to get a feeling for both teams every game I watch and then see who to root for. I know for sure that I want Texas to score at least 4 points so that Nebraska becomes the number 1 scoring defense in the nation.

I won't have a problem rooting for Texas. Conference strength is a much-discussed topic amongst the NCAA glitterati, so whether you like it or not, having your conference do well in bowl games DOES reflect on each individual school in those conferences. Iowa State beating Minnesota, Nebraska beating Arizona... this all reflects well on our conference, and by extrapolation, on our team.

Not that this matters much. I think 'Bama is going to roll Texas.

I guess hearing the announcers state " Nebraska is destroying the defending national champions" would rate right up there along with Corso putting on a Herbie Husker head next October! But then again hearing "Nebraska has ripped Bama's attempt to repeat as national champions" also has a nice ring to it.

It's been a few weeks now. Anyone who wanted to see them lose change their minds? I personally still hope they lose, because I can't stand Mac Brown and think he is an incredibly overrated coach. Give Pelini Texas athletes and they'd be in the title game every year. As much as I like to see the Big 12 do well, I just can't root for Texas or Missouri anymore. Hopefully Texas plays close enough so our conference doesn't get embarrassed, but I still want to see McCoy and Brown with a big L to end the year.

I've had nothing but good experiences with the Texas fan base. I'll have to stick with the BIG XII and root for the Horns in spite of One Second-Gate.