Coaching staff

HANC

While at the Holiday Bowl, we atttended the luncheon and shared a table with two "young" Huskers.

As conversation pieces, we visited about their positions and coaches....

One kid was a TE and said he thought Ron Brown was the BEST COACH in the world

The other player was an OL and said he LOVED Barney Cotton.

My wife just point blank asked him about the rumor of Ron Brown to KU and his response was...." I will 100% gaurantee you that EVERYONE on the staff will be back". Obviously, things happen so nothing is in stone.

Personally, I think that we have a great group of guys that know where Bo is coming from and can handle and accept his style of coaching. I am willing to give Wats a "get out of jail free card", based on injuries and the fact that he did call the offense we all seemed to love last year.

Gilmore is a great guy and hopefully the WR will play with more consistancy next year.

** Kind of a meaningless topic, just thought I would share 2 players' opinion, along with mine

That's encouraging though. For all of Barney's issues as a coach, it's still best if the players love him and are willing to play for him. I see it as a good sign.

I really thought the O-line played one of their better games. When Mike Smith got called for the false start (I really would like to know what play was called cause the coaches were really pissed) I thought Bo would scream down Cotton and instead Cotton screamed down Smith and followed him along the sidelines. I'm just glad there's some accoutability on the team. The bonehead penalties need to be fixed.

No, the TE wasn't Cotton.....but good deduction....ha

Both kids aren't seeing the field right now, and I don't want to name them to protect their conversation-confidentiality..... They didn't say anything bad at all, just didn't want to run to board and start throwing their name's out there.

No, the TE wasn't Cotton.....but good deduction....ha

Both kids aren't seeing the field right now, and I don't want to name them to protect their conversation-confidentiality..... They didn't say anything bad at all, just didn't want to run to board and start throwing their name's out there.

Umm, then why does the thread title say "one player's thoughts"?? :sarcasm