Will we be able to keep Bo around?

illnino

plus, living in lincoln, you might as well wear a crown if youre making $2M a year. ;)

the guys blue collar. he always fit here. nebraska 'gets' him, and respects him for it. that goes a long ways.

yeah, nebraskans love him, and after what we have been through, we will be a little less hasty to fire a coach. you never want to be the guy who replaces 'the guy'. however, it is good to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced 'the guy'.

Bo will be safe here for a long time, and will leave only on his own terms, that has to be worth something.

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before, but I haven't visited this part of the site in a while. If we continue to ascend in future years as we have in the previous two, can NU afford to keep HC Pelini? Can we keep up with the Texas's, OU's,LSU's, Ohio St.'s, Alabama's of the college world as far as paying their coaches top dollar?

I don't think we need to worry about that. bo is loyal and this is one of the premier coaching jobs pro or college in the country.

we can and will be able to afford him and i think he likes the place pretty well.

plus, living in lincoln, you might as well wear a crown if youre making $2M a year. ;)

the guys blue collar. he always fit here. nebraska 'gets' him, and respects him for it. that goes a long ways.

Great point! 2 mil a year in NE is a heck of a lot of money and it would be silly to think that he's not going to get a nice raise soon.

The only thing I can think of that would hurt him is his temper, but I'm sure he'll get that under control as he gains head coaching experience.

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before, but I haven't visited this part of the site in a while. If we continue to ascend in future years as we have in the previous two, can NU afford to keep HC Pelini? Can we keep up with the Texas's, OU's,LSU's, Ohio St.'s, Alabama's of the college world as far as paying their coaches top dollar?

Yeah we have one of the top 10 revenue generating programs in the country and with donors like Buffett, Walter Scott and David Sokol and ol Get er Done will pay whatever to keep him here. Right now he makes less than Gill. My guess is that will change shortly.

:)

I seem to recall Bo saying something to the effect that he planned to finish his career at Nebraska if he could. Anyone else remember that? Wish I could remember or find a link. Anyway, he doesn't strike me as the type of guy to say that sort of thing lightly.

I think he told his LSU defense when he left, that this was his dream job. Good sign.

Course' I know a lot of guys that said their 1st wives were their dream girls.

Yeah we have one of the top 10 revenue generating programs in the country and with donors like Buffett, Walter Scott and David Sokol and ol Get er Done will pay whatever to keep him here. Right now he makes less than Gill. My guess is that will change shortly.

This is exactly it. The ADept is not short on money at all when it comes to football. As everyone knows, NU football is nearly a religion in this state and it is the ADept's cash cow. Lots of things in the Adept depend on the continued success and revenue of the football program.

The University is big business and the football program is what makes the ADept work. They will do whatever they need to in order to keep it that way.

Bo doesn't appear to be a coach hung up on salary and the arms race that is college football salary. I'd rather have Bo be underpaid just a tad and continually play for Big 12 Conference Championships instead of a coach like Kirk Ferentz who makes Bob Stoops like money and doesn't have an out right conference championship to show for his efforts.