Will we be able to keep Bo around?

illnino

It is awfully presumptuous of us to think that when Sweater Vest leaves THE OSU that they'll come knocking on Bo's door. They have a lot of coaches to choose from just from amongst the Pelini and Stoops clans, not to mention Tressel's past staff. Bo is just one of over a dozen names they could look at, and at the moment his resume pales in comparison to some of the other candidates.

Why? I believe that Bo is the only of those to play at tOSU. Stoops was at Iowa.

Bo didn't play at Nebraska and he got the job here. Playing at a particular school doesn't do much for your coaching resume. It's just a familiarity factor that former coaches have as well.

It is awfully presumptuous of us to think that when Sweater Vest leaves THE OSU that they'll come knocking on Bo's door. They have a lot of coaches to choose from just from amongst the Pelini and Stoops clans, not to mention Tressel's past staff. Bo is just one of over a dozen names they could look at, and at the moment his resume pales in comparison to some of the other candidates.

i had the same thought, there must be a ton of quality coaches wishing to get back to OSU, i mean Alvarez would have left anywhere to coach at NU and never go his chance; but i think many of us see OSU as the greatest (maybe even only) threat. i wonder if bo would have any interest in the nfl, although i have never understood the allure of the nfl. (i know people will say greater fame/prestige and money, but ncaa has its counterpoints.)

I really dont see Bo going anywhere soon. To me he doesnt fit the build for an NFL head coaching position. I think he would butt to many heads. As far as going to other schools, i just dont see it. We have all the facilities you could ever ask for and anything other than going back to his alma mater would simply be a lateral move. BTW, the sweater vest isnt going anywhere either as long as he beats Michigan and is in the running for the Big 10 title his seat wont be hot.

Why? I believe that Bo is the only of those to play at tOSU. Stoops was at Iowa.

Bo didn't play at Nebraska and he got the job here. Playing at a particular school doesn't do much for your coaching resume. It's just a familiarity factor that former coaches have as well.

I understand, but if Bo does what we expect him to do here by winning at least a MNC his resume would be on par with the others and maybe it factors in then.

On a somewhat funny side note in this hypothetical time waster we are partaking in, what if the defense at tOSU is great and the O needs the help and Bo get's the Turner treatment at tOSU. Wouldn't that be some ironic twist of fate?

I can assure you that if Bo decides to make a change, it won't be because of money, the school, or the football program. It will be because he isn't crazy about living in Nebraska. Its not that he doesn't like it here, there's just other places he'd rather live.

And how do you know this?

:wtf I also want to know how you would know he'd rather live other places?? Oh, I get it. Finally, the salt water aquarium guy reveals his identity.