Will we be able to keep Bo around?

illnino

i know people disagree with this, but what is two million less when you are making 2-3 million already, it is not like you suffer a difference in lifestyle. however, coaches are enticed away with money, it must be an ego thing.

the only thing that worries me is OSU trying to nab him, hopefully the longer he stays, the more attached he becomes, after all he is re-establishing this program; or restoring the order, if you will. i got to believe it would be hard to leave something you are building/have built, especially for an established program that is doing fine.

when roy williams left, UNC was hurting and down, and that was his goal from the beginning, i believe, to get back to UNC.

Really? They were really hurting and down? What, it took him all of two years to win a championship? There were 3 McDonalds All American already on the team before he took over. He also turned them down the first time they came a calling. It was because of a poor relationship with the AD that Williams left, plus there was that little NCAA investigation thingy going on at KU.

i know people disagree with this, but what is two million less when you are making 2-3 million already, it is not like you suffer a difference in lifestyle. however, coaches are enticed away with money, it must be an ego thing.

the only thing that worries me is OSU trying to nab him, hopefully the longer he stays, the more attached he becomes, after all he is re-establishing this program; or restoring the order, if you will. i got to believe it would be hard to leave something you are building/have built, especially for an established program that is doing fine.

when roy williams left, UNC was hurting and down, and that was his goal from the beginning, i believe, to get back to UNC.

Really? They were really hurting and down? What, it took him all of two years to win a championship? There were 3 McDonalds All American already on the team before he took over. He also turned them down the first time they came a calling. It was because of a poor relationship with the AD that Williams left, plus there was that little NCAA investigation thingy going on at KU.

sorry, i should not have played fast and loose with the facts, so sorry.

I think if the Ohio State job ever opened up we could lose him.

ditto. it's hard to say 'no' to your alma mater.

the only other job that would have half a chance would be notre dame... but only if jesus christ wrote a personal request on the behalf of south bend and it was delivered by the pope.

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before, but I haven't visited this part of the site in a while. If we continue to ascend in future years as we have in the previous two, can NU afford to keep HC Pelini? Can we keep up with the Texas's, OU's,LSU's, Ohio St.'s, Alabama's of the college world as far as paying their coaches top dollar?

I don't think we need to worry about that. bo is loyal and this is one of the premier coaching jobs pro or college in the country.

This.

To be honest, I found this topic (because it has been started at other times) rather idiotic. It's not like this is Kansas or Iowa State. It's Nebraska. Five national championships. We are still one of the best coaching jobs in the nation.

Just look at Notre Dame. They have really been in a ditch the last few years, like we were, but they still have one of the best coaching jobs in the nation.

To be honest, I found this topic (because it has been started at other times) rather idiotic. It's not like this is Kansas or Iowa State. It's Nebraska. Five national championships. We are still one of the best coaching jobs in the nation.

Just look at Notre Dame. They have really been in a ditch the last few years, like we were, but they still have one of the best coaching jobs in the nation.

And a shot at #6 in the next few years if we keep improving on both sides of the ball.

Will we be able to keep Bo around?

Boy I don't know. I hear Doane is looking for another head coach.

i thought they were interested in Frazier.

He was already there. His teams didn't do very well under his direction.

I would put that more on the Doane football players being to wimpy to handle him.

Just talked to the Aquarium dude on the phone, he said that he just delivered some sharks to Bo's aquarium, so he should be around for a long time because those sharks live forever and get cranky when moved...

Seriously, Bo isn't going anywhere. He knows he has a program here that supports him, and he wants to win a NC and can do it here. Period.

This.

If you find this topic so idiotic, don't post. Simple as that. By the way, no one's questioning Nebraska's prestige.

There's one thing that I didn't see mentioned: As a man gets older and begins thinking about closing out his career, he thinks of how he will be remembered by his family, colleagues, etc. I can't think of a better place than Nebraska for a coach to have a successful career. Just look at the nostalgia of Husker fans. Assuming that he has a successful career, he literally will be immortalized in Nebraska. There will be buildings and roads named after the guy, statues made, etc. People like us will be debating and discussing his calls and coaching 30 years after they happened. What more could a man ask for than a legacy like that? This is any true head coach's dream job.