TCU Helmet

Funny how you post this....

Sometimes I feel out of place as a Husker fan, trying walking on the ground while the majority are up on their high horses.

... then just a couple hours later you post this.

Right, because our uniforms now have reached the absolute maximum potential of how good a uniform can possibly look.

Hypocrite much, Mr. High Horse? :facepalm:

You are right, that was a bit hypocritical and I could have made a better response stating my disagreement. Sorry Vince.

Anyways, I love our uniforms now, but I also love a lot of other uniform designs, and I don't see how they are any better or worse than each other (not saying that all uniforms are good..), but just different.

No reason to apologize. It's a sports posting board. We all have our different opinions and thoughts.

This is simply a place to have fun, posts our thoughts, but never take anything too seriously. Once one takes this stuff seriously is time for them to get off the Internet.

You're good.

No reason to apologize. It's a sports posting board. We all have our different opinions and thoughts.

This is simply a place to have fun, posts our thoughts, but never take anything too seriously. Once one takes this stuff seriously is time for them to get off the Internet.

You're good.

Without veering too far off topic, don't you think there's a difference between general good comportment and Internet nonsense? It almost seems like you're saying we can act like complete asshats to each other online because... it's online, and it's not real. But someday at some tailgate I'm going to run into some of the people posting here, and I'd hate for their opinion of me to be messed up because I'm a jerk on the board all the time.

The Internet doesn't exist in a vacuum. It affects real life, too. Right?

You're good.

Without veering too far off topic, don't you think there's a difference between general good comportment and Internet nonsense? It almost seems like you're saying we can act like complete asshats to each other online because... it's online, and it's not real. But someday at some tailgate I'm going to run into some of the people posting here, and I'd hate for their opinion of me to be messed up because I'm a jerk on the board all the time.

The Internet doesn't exist in a vacuum. It affects real life, too. Right?

I hear/ read you.

However this is an Internet posting board. If people get bent out of shape over the posts you make, then do you really care if they think you are a jerk in real life? I don't - because I know what's what. You do too.

I hear/ read you.

However this is an Internet posting board. If people get bent out of shape over the posts you make, then do you really care if they think you are a jerk in real life? I don't - because I know what's what. You do too.

Agreed to an extent, but there's a limit, and you operate under that limit, too. It almost sounds like you're advocating anarchy, and while you do mix it up sometimes for the fun of it, you don't completely nuts, either.

Everyone's boundaries are going to be different.

Anyway, sorry to derail this topic like this. I just thought this was an interesting tangential exchange. I'll be done now. :)

They look stupid to me, not sure when red became one of their colors.

When a horned frog is threatened it will actually squirt blood from its eyeball toward its stalker. No seriously...... stop laughing. That is really why the red is on the helmet. No.......I am dead serious.

Yeah I heard that, so obviously their QB had too much blood in his eyes and couldn't see where he was throwing the football.

Well I work for Nike so..... I like them

- the technology involved in our uniforms is actually amazing Pro Combat gear will be the future.

sidenote: I have to buy off brand Husker gear so I can wear it to work. I wish we would be a Nike team again my life would rock with my 40% discount

Here is fun tool you can actually design your teams full uniforms: ( I make Husker uniforms to pass the time)

Uniform designer from: Nike

Well I work for Nike so..... I like them

- the technology involved in our uniforms is actually amazing Pro Combat gear will be the future.

sidenote: I have to buy off brand Husker gear so I can wear it to work. I wish we would be a Nike team again my life would rock with my 40% discount

Here is fun tool you can actually design your teams full uniforms: ( I make Husker uniforms to pass the time)

Uniform designer from: Nike

I am going to try it out.

Thanks

Anyways, I love our uniforms now, but I also love a lot of other uniform designs, and I don't see how they are any better or worse than each other (not saying that all uniforms are good..), but just different.

You're a good man for that apology. Too little of that goes on here where we seem more intent on trading barbs than being decent to each other. Without sounding condescending, I'm proud of you for that. I'll have to try to be more like that, too. I was more snarky than I needed to be.

On topic...

I love our uniforms and I'm into the iconic look of them, and I'd hate to see them change... but I'm not so stuck in the mud that I'm completely unwilling to change my mind if they come up with something truly cool. I'd just hate to see major changes over and over and over.

hope you're not an Oregon fan

Maybe an occasional "all red" pants and jersey is about as adventurous as I like.

:yeah

I like the look of all RED i think that would be sweet once a while.

Don't count on that happening any time soon. There are still enough of us who remember the couple of times it was tried. We got our asses handed to us.

Seems as though I also remember attempting a stylized uniform (ala Denver Bronos) somewhere around the mid-ninties. It was a disaster. Those of you who speak of uniform change, should be taken behind the woodshed and given an old fashioned, traditional butt whippin'

And please do not ever again suggest black as an option!!!!

Maybe an occasional "all red" pants and jersey is about as adventurous as I like.

:yeah

I like the look of all RED i think that would be sweet once a while.

Don't count on that happening any time soon. There are still enough of us who remember the couple of times it was tried. We got our asses handed to us.

Seems as though I also remember attempting a stylized uniform (ala Denver Bronos) somewhere around the mid-ninties. It was a disaster. Those of you who speak of uniform change, should be taken behind the woodshed and given an old fashioned, traditional butt whippin'

And please do not ever again suggest black as an option!!!!

I was hashing this out with some friends while watching the game and discussing Arizonas helmet and crap it came up. One guy was dead set that this had happened, another called him an idiot, and I was amazed that I couldnt remember, since I was an obsessed young Husker fan during this time period.

fwiw - i was really impressed with army's new look. what did you guys think of those unis?

43758502.jpg

Imo - i like the white pants with no stripes best, because they remind me of the '96 fiesta bowl :restore

fb-25-1996.jpg

I think the idea of making any changes to the helmet is absolutely ridiculous, but i would be okay with some modification of the unis. I think our whites are too white. I noticed a lot of people thought the shoulder stripes in the bowl game were yellowed, but i thought the color was closer to what our whites should be (cream.) Cream should have a distinct beige tint which i thought they captured pretty well on the throwback helmets. Kind of like old paper or linen. not much of a fashion guy, but i have done a lot of painting.

for the record, i thought miami's unis were effing hideous...they looked (and played) like a bunch of big frosted christmas fruitcakes. the embrodery on the shoulderpads was about the gayest thing i have seen since Mizery's urine colored pants.

ChampsSportsBowlFootball_2_2_t607.jpg

I have to wonder if Zona's switch to the white helmets exacerbated Foles' confusion and inability to pick out targets under extreme duress.