TCU Helmet

tradition is just living in the past.

And while your fans and your program continue to believe this, you will never arrive. Sure, you'll have decent teams once every few years, and you may go on the odd two/three year run, but you'll never be an elite team with this kind of attitude.

I didn't mind the uniforms that TCU had last night mainly because TCU isn't my team.....Nebraska is my team and if anything would happen to change with our uniforms I think there would be a lot of irrate husker fans.....does the 02' uni's come to mind to anybody.

Teams like Texas, Alabama, OU, Michigan, Ohio State, USC etc who all have great tradition and haven't changed much with their uniforms so why should we. Why tarnish our tradition by changing our uniforms.....it didn't work in 02' and it won't work every again unless its a throwback uni for just one game.

Everytime I hear about changing our uniforms this is my first reaction... :facepalm:

The helmets are awesome. I would love helmets like that.

This is football that we're talkikng about; not the X games. They can take their helmets and skateboards back to Ft. Worth and start over. Maybe next time they'll concentrate on preparing their bodies more than what goes on them!

Why does everyone seem to turn this into tradition and being uber awesome vs. being a bad program and trying to come up with an alternative to be noticed? New uniforms can just be, you know, new uniforms. I have no problem with our uniforms now, but if we upgraded to something, I wouldn't have a problem with the idea (who knows if I would like them or not, but teams upgrade their uniforms, it's part of sports).

Sometimes I feel out of place as a Husker fan, trying walking on the ground while the majority are up on their high horses.

Why does everyone seem to turn this into tradition and being uber awesome vs. being a bad program and trying to come up with an alternative to be noticed? New uniforms can just be, you know, new uniforms. I have no problem with our uniforms now, but if we upgraded to something, I wouldn't have a problem with the idea (who knows if I would like them or not, but teams upgrade their uniforms, it's part of sports).

Sometimes I feel out of place as a Husker fan, trying walking on the ground while the majority are up on their high horses.

Upgrade to something like titanium?

If NU were to change of their look it certainly wouldn't be an upgrade.

...bought a cherry '67 Shelby Cobra at the Barrett Jackson auto auction, and welded big tail fins on it, cause it looks really cool. <_<

Right, because our uniforms now have reached the absolute maximum potential of how good a uniform can possibly look.

Right, because our uniforms now have reached the absolute maximum potential of how good a uniform can possibly look.

Correct.

Funny how you post this....

... then just a couple hours later you post this.

Hypocrite much, Mr. High Horse? :facepalm:

Funny how you post this....

... then just a couple hours later you post this.

Hypocrite much, Mr. High Horse? :facepalm:

You are right, that was a bit hypocritical and I could have made a better response stating my disagreement. Sorry Vince.

Anyways, I love our uniforms now, but I also love a lot of other uniform designs, and I don't see how they are any better or worse than each other (not saying that all uniforms are good..), but just different.

Anyways, I love our uniforms now, but I also love a lot of other uniform designs, and I don't see how they are any better or worse than each other (not saying that all uniforms are good..), but just different.

You're a good man for that apology. Too little of that goes on here where we seem more intent on trading barbs than being decent to each other. Without sounding condescending, I'm proud of you for that. I'll have to try to be more like that, too. I was more snarky than I needed to be.

On topic...

I love our uniforms and I'm into the iconic look of them, and I'd hate to see them change... but I'm not so stuck in the mud that I'm completely unwilling to change my mind if they come up with something truly cool. I'd just hate to see major changes over and over and over.

• Fire 1