Nebraska @ Washington

JTrain

I'm terrified about this game, which is a good thing. It's exciting.

Washington fans are pumped about Sarkisian. He took a team that was possibly 120th (dead last) in the FBS in 2008 (0-12 including a loss to absolutely horrible Wazzu) and turned them into a very respectable 5-7, including a huge win over USC. They were probably the best 5-win team in the country, as they played a tough non-conference slate, including a close loss against Notre Dame, where a very questionable replay cost them the game, and a respectable showing against LSU.

Back in 1997 (the last time the Huskers played in Seattle), they were supposed to be a national title contender with Tuiasosopo at QB. They were ranked #2 in the AP poll and we came out and punched them in the mouth. We went up 21-0 and they never recovered. Their fans will remember. They have a tough game at BYU to open the season. If they win, they should be 2-0 and ranked in the top 20. We will be 2-0 and ranked in the top 10. Now, only eight months... :wacko:

:snacks:

Same Weekend:

Florida vs Tennessee

USC vs Minnesota

Arkansas vs Georgia

Arizona vs Iowa

Stanford vs Houston

Auburn vs Clemson

Texas Tech vs Texas

Florida State vs BYU

Ohio vs Ohio State a lil Frankie love maybe? ;)

Notre Dame vs Michigan St

just ones i found quickly. arizona vs iowa, and the tt vs texas games are definite challengers IMHO...and isnt there bad blood between auburn and clemson?

and an interesting game that weekend... Utah vs Iowa State

Same Weekend:

Florida vs Tennessee

USC vs Minnesota

Arkansas vs Georgia

Arizona vs Iowa

Stanford vs Houston

Auburn vs Clemson

Texas Tech vs Texas

just ones i found quickly. arizona vs iowa, and the tt vs texas games are definite challengers IMHO..

The florida tennessee game will more than likely be game day never forget the huge crush ghe media has on the sec

i think i found where i'd lay money for the week before though while going through the schedules...maybe they wouldnt bounce right back to the SEC the next week? especially with no Urban Meyer to play the feud slant with Kiffin? I dunno, just throwing stuff out there.

9/11 Penn St @ Alabama

P.S.- the snow is blowing like nothing ive ever seen before here in rural cass county. holy cow its plain nasty out there.

Gameday has a (possibly unwritten) rule about not going the same place twice in one season, but that doesn't mean they couldn't visit the same team twice (if one was an away game). It would be great to have them in Seattle for this game and then in Lincoln for Texas.

I really doubt Iowa-Arizona gets Gameday. Florida-Tennessee might be our biggest competition, and since that games on CBS, maybe our game gets the nod (since it will probably be on ABC).

Florida Tennessee is probably going to get the nod. Urban is going to come back from his leave in August, so I think there's going to be plenty of time for them to bring up the Urban/Lane feud.

I'd rather have Gameday come for the NU/Texas game than a relatively meaningless game with Washington.

I agree that the florida tennessee game will more than likely get the nod because lane will open his mouth and stir up a media frenzy. But I hope we get both the more media attention tghe better the more recruits that see us play the better chaNcde we have of signing them.

Florida Tennessee is probably going to get the nod. Urban is going to come back from his leave in August, so I think there's going to be plenty of time for them to bring up the Urban/Lane feud.

I'd rather have Gameday come for the NU/Texas game than a relatively meaningless game with Washington.

I agree that the florida tennessee game will more than likely get the nod because lane will open his mouth and stir up a media frenzy. But I hope we get both the more media attention tghe better the more recruits that see us play the better chaNcde we have of signing them.

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cop:

I highly doubt it...now Texas @ Nebraska......hmmm

Texas could have a couple of losses by the time they play us. Their schedule before they come to Lincoln:

09/04 at Rice - W

09/11 Wyoming- W

09/18 at Texas Tech - Probably W

09/25 UCLA - Probably W but it depends on what Neuheisel has going on

10/02 at Oklahoma - Tossup

10/16 at Nebraska

I would like to see them come in 5-0 and ranked in the top ten before we put a hurting on them, but I'm not holding my breath.