Saban no class

beanman

The way I look at it is, taking a few knees was an option, as was running the ball, and I personally don't have a problem with either call, as long as the intent isn't to score but rather to run the clock out. Intentions are usually more important than the actions that represent them, and I don't know if Saban wanted to run the score up (which is lame), but if he didn't, he didn't have to run the ball.

I don't like the "well Texas should have stopped them" argument either. If you had Alabama playing...say, Buffalo, and the score was 62-0 with a minute left and they run for another touchdown, are you going to say it's Buffalo's fault that they got scored on again?

Saban was trying to prove a point by scoring that last TD instead of taking a knee.......that Alabama was the clear #1 and that Boise State shouldn't share the National Championship. He was also sending a message going into next season that Alabama is the clear favorite and the team to beat for 2010

I thought Saban's pregame talk about comparing Alabama to the 1980 US hockey team was the biggest classless act of the year. Stating that Alabama needed to remember that the USA hockey team still needed to beat Finland to get the gold after defeating the Russians. Comparing Texas to Finland showed No Respect at all.

How was it possible to root for either team last night? It's like asking who you'd rather have back at Nebraska Bill Callahan or Steve Pederson.

That's like picking the tallest midget! LOL

I thought Saban's pregame talk about comparing Alabama to the 1980 US hockey team was the biggest classless act of the year. Stating that Alabama needed to remember that the USA hockey team still needed to beat Finland to get the gold after defeating the Russians. Comparing Texas to Finland showed No Respect at all.

What was wrong with that? All he was saying was that the win over Florida didn't automatically give them the title. Given the way that they shut it down and let UTerus back in the game, I have no problem seeing what he was talking about and what he was worried about-because it happened in the 2nd half.

What was wrong with that? All he was saying was that the win over Florida didn't automatically give them the title. Given the way that they shut it down and let UTerus back in the game, I have no problem seeing what he was talking about and what he was worried about-because it happened in the 2nd half.

i agree. after such a big victory over florida, it would be hard to regain/maintain the focus necessary to win the next big one. the SEC was as big and the MNC. i do not think he was referencing UT or trying to imply UT is the Finland, it is just that everyone made a big deal about Russia, but the Russia win was meaningless without the Finland win, and the UF win was meaningless without the UT win, all they cared about was the championship.

on a side note, how sure are you that Finland was not a good hockey team in 1980?

How was it possible to root for either team last night? It's like asking who you'd rather have back at Nebraska Bill Callahan or Steve Pederson.

That's like picking the tallest midget! LOL

I respectfully disagree. I like midgets!!!!

I agree. I only pull for NEBRASKA. i AM NOT A bIG 12 FAN. Too many of these people here in Oklahoma think that is unheard of...No way. I pull for Nebraska and anyone playing against OU. Period. And even before the game last night was over, the what if game was played. All day it was not just what if Texas, it was what if OU and Bradford. Made people mad when I played the what if we get the one second back at the Big 12 Championship...they just need to accept what happens. Texas, OU are too big of programs to not just continue on playing when they loose someone like McCoy and Bradford. The TV announcers kept making excuses for Gilbert all night. Wanted us all to just give him a chance. Texas got what they deserved in the Championship game. Alabama should have ran it up 14 more points if they could have. Teams have shown us no mercy the last few years and have ran it up on us. But it was so nice see us start to pay them all back. It is just beginning. Our time is come again. And we are not the all talk team. We began proving it this season on the fireld and it will continue. Saban has class. He only wants to win...no matterwhat the cost and he wants to be paid...

This whole pussification of America is apparently as real as some people think it is.

They won by 16 points....sixteen. BIG MF"ING DEAL!!! They had slacked their lead down to 3 points with 6 minutes left in the game & he wasn't happy about it.

Shall we go back through the number of games that TO coached where we buried teams by a hell of a lot more than 16? Does Minnesota ring a bell for anyone?

Sometimes I can't tell whether NU has the best fans in the country, or just the biggest collection of pussies.

This isn't intramurals.

This whole pussification of America is apparently as real as some people think it is.

They won by 16 points....sixteen. BIG MF"ING DEAL!!! They had slacked their lead down to 3 points with 6 minutes left in the game & he wasn't happy about it.

Shall we go back through the number of games that TO coached where we buried teams by a hell of a lot more than 16? Does Minnesota ring a bell for anyone?

Sometimes I can't tell whether NU has the best fans in the country, or just the biggest collection of pussies.

This isn't intramurals.

You're right, it isn't intramurals, but showing restraint and respect for your opponent when you clearly have them beat doesn't make you a pu&&y. And, if I'm not mistaken, a shilacking of Minnesota never happened in a national championship game.

If they only win by 10, they get lambasted for not being able to put away a team who is playing a true freshman at qb.

Hell, Texas outgained them. Bama had just blown a huge lead. Saban was pissed and I don't blame him. As it is, it really wasn't that convincing of a win given the circumstances. If UT has somehow gotten another turnover and touchdown(cutting the lead to 3), the whole country would be screaming that Bama was a fraud and didn't deserve the title.

If they only win by 10, they get lambasted for not being able to put away a team who is playing a true freshman at qb.

Hell, Texas outgained them. Bama had just blown a huge lead. Saban was pissed and I don't blame him. As it is, it really wasn't that convincing of a win given the circumstances. If UT has somehow gotten another turnover and touchdown(cutting the lead to 3), the whole country would be screaming that Bama was a fraud and didn't deserve the title.

I can see your point of not being able to put a team away, but Bama's response to Texas' comeback was a sack causing a fumble (touchdown followed), and then a pick. So I think that there wouldn't have been an upheaval for fraud against Bama being the true champs if they would've just kneeled it.