Saban no class

beanman

Don't really care about the whole class-thing. But, your on your opponents 2yd line with about 1 min to go, your ahead by 10 in a title game, and the defense just gave up a 17yd run after a turnover.

What coach, player, fan, or team would not expect a run up the middle?

If they had passed or passed at anytime during the drive, then i could call it running up the score. But in this case i don't see as that.

ding ding.

Actually, I thought quite the opposite about Saban...

Check the box score and you will see why he ran at the end...Richardson broke the 100 yd mark with the last drive and was rewarded with a TD as well. I love coaches that reward the workhorse!!!

Texas still has not allowed a 100 yd rusher, BUT they have one game where they allowed 2 of them...hahaha

Ding Ding Ding!

There still would have been lots of time left on the clock had he kneeled...Bama just ran it up the gut and Texas couldn't stop it big whoop. Personally, I would have done the same thing after the gimmicky crap Brown was pulling with the onside kick and pooch kicks. It was a mistake for Bama to go so conservative in the 3rd quarter anyways...they should have put Texas down when they had the chance. 24-6 wasn't going to cut it with that much time left.

Lots of times Brown has kept his starters in on blowouts...he pulls the same crap so no I won't defend Brown here. Saban did what he needed to do and showed dominance. He was probably mad about them scoring those last couple of times and took it as an insult so he decided to put Texas in their place. Honestly though Saban was just running up the middle when there was TONS of time left on the clock...kneeling is not what you do in that situation.

bull s h i t

That showed no class, typical SEC crap. Then their dumba$$ fans chant S E C over and over again.

Man, I hate that conference. McCoy plays and UT wins that game.

Bzzzt Incorrect. How would McCoy have stopped there run game? How would McCoy have done any better against Bama than he did against us? Afterall, McCoy said himself that Bama's D was better than Nebraska's.

There still would have been lots of time left on the clock had he kneeled...Bama just ran it up the gut and Texas couldn't stop it big whoop. Personally, I would have done the same thing after the gimmicky crap Brown was pulling with the onside kick and pooch kicks. It was a mistake for Bama to go so conservative in the 3rd quarter anyways...they should have put Texas down when they had the chance. 24-6 wasn't going to cut it with that much time left.

Lots of times Brown has kept his starters in on blowouts...he pulls the same crap so no I won't defend Brown here. Saban did what he needed to do and showed dominance. He was probably mad about them scoring those last couple of times and took it as an insult so he decided to put Texas in their place. Honestly though Saban was just running up the middle when there was TONS of time left on the clock...kneeling is not what you do in that situation.

bull s h i t

That showed no class, typical SEC crap. Then their dumba$$ fans chant S E C over and over again.

McCoy did play. He got knocked out of the game. texas fans didn't have any problems with OU when Sam Bradford got knocked out.

What the hell does the OU game have to do with this?? My god, reach a little farther on this one pal.

<_<

Fail again on this one, sorry. It has the SAME THING to do with it. Except ya know, the score was only a 3 point difference instead of 16. So Bradford had an even HIGHER POSSIBILITY of making a difference in the UT v OU game.. So good try on saying that has nothing to do with it, but don't ignore it in one situation and act like it's the end all in another.

Wow, not really man.

Bradford has no effect on this football game tonight, if you can't understand that then I can't help you. Nobody is talking about OU v UT or Texas fans, we are talking about this game tonight that involved Alabama and Texas. It was a reach because that argument is completely unrelated to this topic and what is being discussed. That is what is wrong with many arguments made on here, they lack coherence and substance.

How would McCoy have helped their rush defense? Really? How about sustained drives that would have allowed their defense to rest. 3 and out after 3 and out tends to wear on a defense. What does a tired defense show? A lack of ability to stop the run. Since UT was the #1 rush defense in the country, it stands to reason that losing a credible offense would make them begin to suffer against a good rushing team.

Also, if you can't see that Nebraska was a far superior defense to Alabama then I don't know what else to say. If a backup true freshman QB can put 21 on Alabama and a two time All-American puts up 13 on Nebraska I think you can see the difference.

Furthermore, the ability to successfully sustain and finish drives would have put more pressure on the freshman QB for Alabama, because they would have had to throw the ball into the teeth of arguably the best secondary in the country. Texas has two all conference players in that secondary, one named Earl Thomas. You may have heard of him.

Frankly, this was a terribly coached game on both sides. Classic example of two recruiters that aren't great at adjustments. That fake punt was a Callahan-esque call. I still don't see why UT didn't move their safety closer to the line and stop stunting on run plays. That is a recipe for disaster against a good pro-style running attack.

Lastly, I would suggest that you learn a little more about football or at least show said knowledge before we start to call people out with blanket statements like above.

<_<

bull s h i t

What is this "typical SEC crap"? That the SEC won a 4th straight NC? That the conference has proven, once again, to be the most dominant in the country? That the fans are proud to go to the best football schools and are proud of their conference? Would it be different if they had just chanted "'Bama, 'Bama"? Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for Texas, but this SEC envy is pretty disgusting.

agree, Mack Brown is a whiner anyway, he got his one second back when he played us, POH!

Saban is a d-bag but not for “running it up” on Texas. I just think he is a d-bag like a lot of Car Salesmen are d-bag’s, it is just who they are.

DISCLAIMER: If you happen to be a Car Salesmen and do not consider yourself to be a d-bag then this was not intended for you. If you are a Car Salesmen and a d-bag to boot then you should not take offense to my statement.

I'm not an SEC fan by any stretch of the imagination, and I really don't give a damn if Nick Saban has class or not........although the way he hops teams and chases the all mighty buck...... I'm guessing he ain't got much.

I'm just REALLY glad Alabama beat the snot out of Texas.

bull s h i t

What is this "typical SEC crap"? That the SEC won a 4th straight NC? That the conference has proven, once again, to be the most dominant in the country? That the fans are proud to go to the best football schools and are proud of their conference? Would it be different if they had just chanted "'Bama, 'Bama"? Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for Texas, but this SEC envy is pretty disgusting.

Yes, it would have been. I don't understand it, we would never chant Big 12, Big 12, Big 12 if and when we win another MNC.

bull s h i t

McCoy did play. He got knocked out of the game. texas fans didn't have any problems with OU when Sam Bradford got knocked out.

Amen!!

Dont' really care if Saban is a Dbag or what would have happened had Colt not been injured.

All I care about is Bo & Co. getting us to this game!!!

That said..........not sure I see a loss on the schedule next year, assuming the Offense improves/reflects something similar to what we saw in the Bowl.

Thoughts? :restore

bull s h i t

Yes, it would have been. I don't understand it, we would never chant Big 12, Big 12, Big 12 if and when we win another MNC.

Ok, the thing that you (as well as many posters on this board) don't seem to understand is that other schools and other places have their own "you don't understand unless you're apart of it" kinds of things. Most people outside of Nebraska don't understand the fanatical following that Husker fans have. At the same time, the reason why SEC schools/fans chant "SEC! SEC!" on College Gameday or after big wins is becuase the South has historically been very communal in it's regional identity. "Southerners". "The South". "Old South". All are historical chactegorizations of the people and the region that southerners feel very strongly about and can all ientify with. Same thing for the history and tradition of the SEC.

I guess it doesn't matter if anyone likes the chant or hates it, but that is basically the backstory of the SEC's affinity for itself.

And let me reiterate that unless Colorado is involved, I always pull for Big XII over SEC.

yadda yadda yadda....

you know who i think has no class?

SEC referees.

how does a team-- in a powerful, physical conference like the mighty S E C-- go 8.5 games without ONE SINGLE SOLITARY HOLDING CALL AGAINST THEM? They are not playing patty cake out there.

maybe im overreacting, but this has been in the back of my head since they mentioned it in the pre-game, and has been slowly simmering until now. I am actually starting to get a lil pissy about the whole thing. I cant wrap my f'ing head around it.

Same way that UT didn't get called for holding Suh..... Agreed on the BS there tho. They seemed to focus much more on the "don't break the pretty boy's fingernail" rule as opposed to the d-lineman getting groped and grasped by all the o-lineman.

On a off note there was one play where it looked like a Alabama linebacker was going in to tackle the runningback and I could have sworn that offensive lineman had him in a full nelson and it wasn't called.

I thought Saban's pregame talk about comparing Alabama to the 1980 US hockey team was the biggest classless act of the year. Stating that Alabama needed to remember that the USA hockey team still needed to beat Finland to get the gold after defeating the Russians. Comparing Texas to Finland showed No Respect at all.

How was it possible to root for either team last night? It's like asking who you'd rather have back at Nebraska Bill Callahan or Steve Pederson.

Neither Coach impressed me with how they handled their teams. Maybe the only thing they had going for them was their ability to pick Coordinators that could get them in the game. With some of the play calling last night fake punts, shuffle pass, and poor special team play.

I would nominate both of them for the D'bag hall of Fame.

Don't really care about the whole class-thing. But, your on your opponents 2yd line with about 1 min to go, your ahead by 10 in a title game, and the defense just gave up a 17yd run after a turnover.

If they had passed or passed at anytime during the drive, then i could call it running up the score. But in this case i don't see as that.

ding ding.

Check the box score and you will see why he ran at the end...Richardson broke the 100 yd mark with the last drive and was rewarded with a TD as well. I love coaches that reward the workhorse!!!

Texas still has not allowed a 100 yd rusher, BUT they have one game where they allowed 2 of them...hahaha

Ding Ding Ding!

bull s h i t

Bzzzt Incorrect. How would McCoy have stopped there run game? How would McCoy have done any better against Bama than he did against us? Afterall, McCoy said himself that Bama's D was better than Nebraska's.

bull s h i t

What the hell does the OU game have to do with this?? My god, reach a little farther on this one pal.

<_<

Fail again on this one, sorry. It has the SAME THING to do with it. Except ya know, the score was only a 3 point difference instead of 16. So Bradford had an even HIGHER POSSIBILITY of making a difference in the UT v OU game.. So good try on saying that has nothing to do with it, but don't ignore it in one situation and act like it's the end all in another.

Wow, not really man.

Bradford has no effect on this football game tonight, if you can't understand that then I can't help you. Nobody is talking about OU v UT or Texas fans, we are talking about this game tonight that involved Alabama and Texas. It was a reach because that argument is completely unrelated to this topic and what is being discussed. That is what is wrong with many arguments made on here, they lack coherence and substance.

How would McCoy have helped their rush defense? Really? How about sustained drives that would have allowed their defense to rest. 3 and out after 3 and out tends to wear on a defense. What does a tired defense show? A lack of ability to stop the run. Since UT was the #1 rush defense in the country, it stands to reason that losing a credible offense would make them begin to suffer against a good rushing team.

Also, if you can't see that Nebraska was a far superior defense to Alabama then I don't know what else to say. If a backup true freshman QB can put 21 on Alabama and a two time All-American puts up 13 on Nebraska I think you can see the difference.

Furthermore, the ability to successfully sustain and finish drives would have put more pressure on the freshman QB for Alabama, because they would have had to throw the ball into the teeth of arguably the best secondary in the country. Texas has two all conference players in that secondary, one named Earl Thomas. You may have heard of him.

Frankly, this was a terribly coached game on both sides. Classic example of two recruiters that aren't great at adjustments. That fake punt was a Callahan-esque call. I still don't see why UT didn't move their safety closer to the line and stop stunting on run plays. That is a recipe for disaster against a good pro-style running attack.

Lastly, I would suggest that you learn a little more about football or at least show said knowledge before we start to call people out with blanket statements like above.

<_<

Your right if Bradford didn't go out against Texas we wouldn't be talking about Texas in MNC cause they wouldn't have been in it. Also if McElroy didn't have broken ribs from Florida he would've played a lot better.

ding ding.

Ding Ding Ding!

bull s h i t

bull s h i t

<_<

Wow, not really man.

<_<

Your right if Bradford didn't go out against Texas we wouldn't be talking about Texas in MNC cause they wouldn't have been in it. Also if McElroy didn't have broken ribs from Florida he would've played a lot better.