Texas

I have a question about the fake punt. I realize the academic standards for getting into Texas are really really lax, but what football player doesn't know to simply knock the friggin ball down on 4th down on a long pass? Texas would have gotten the ball inside the 20, yet by picking the ball off they get it at nearly the 40. Then, we get to Bama. Apparently, their academic standards aren't any higher either. What player even in little league doesn't know the kickoffs are live balls?

I have a question about the fake punt. I realize the academic standards for getting into Texas are really really lax, but what football player doesn't know to simply knock the friggin ball down on 4th down on a long pass? Texas would have gotten the ball inside the 20, yet by picking the ball off they get it at nearly the 40. Then, we get to Bama. Apparently, their academic standards aren't any higher either. What player even in little league doesn't know the kickoffs are live balls?

The same kind of person that gets a game winning int at the 5 and doesn't have the smarts to fall down and instead trys to run and fumbles. <_<

These anti-Texas threads are a bunch of sour grapes.

It’s like a dude gets beat up by another dude, so then the dude that does the beating up gets beat up by some other dude then the first dude that got beat up talks smack to the guy that beat him up because that guy got beat up by someone else. That guy has no right to talk trash because he still got beat up by that dude.

At the end of the day Texas still beat us 13-12, still won the Big 12, still has beaten us 5 straight times, has beaten us 8 out of the 9 times we have played since the Big 12 started and still owns a 9-4 series advantage. Texas losing to Alabama doesn’t change the fact that they own us since 1996.

I would prefer to do my trash talking after the Big Red actually does the winning not some other team doing it for them.

I look at it slightly different. I compare what Mack did this year to what Solich did in 2001. He was so focused on winning this NC and getting his QB the Heisman just like Solich did that he almost totally forgot about the future. Now, I'm not saying Texas will go 7-7 next year. But, I do bet they struggle. Why was the backup so unprepared? Why was Jamal Lord so unprepared in 2002?

Alabama with the way they play reminds me somewhat of the philosophies of Nebraska 15 years ago. Bama has a couple of studs in the backfield with an emphasis on the running game. It appears that Bama's QB could be plugged in with different players and get the same result just like we did in 94'. They play smash mouth football, and they have an outstanding D with awesome LB's.

I'm not going to kick Texas. Colt got hurt, and in several instances they didn't play very well with all the dropped passes and poor play calling. However, there was really nothing last night that showed me they were a better team than Bama.

The same kind of person that gets a game winning int at the 5 and doesn't have the smarts to fall down and instead trys to run and fumbles. <_<

What game did that occur in? As to the fake punt, I don't think it would have been a terrible call if it hadn't been 4th and what was it 15 or 20 for a first. Maybe try that on 4th and less than 10 but there was a good chance even if completed it wouldn't have been for a first. As to knocking the ball down, I think that is maybe a lost art. Earlier this season we had a dback intercept a pass on a 4th down play instead of knocking it down and we ended up with the ball on something like the 2 yard line instead of at the 20 or 30. I have wondered if the players are schooled on thinking that way..............looking forward to playing you guys next year......

I'm pretty certain that Colt aggravated a prior injury that nobody knew about. For the coaching staff to keep their 2nd best QB of all time out of a National Championship game, and play with a true freshman, you have to know that it was pretty serious.

Hope it doesn't kill his draft status.

It’s like a dude gets beat up by another dude, so then the dude that does the beating up gets beat up by some other dude then the first dude that got beat up talks smack to the guy that beat him up because that guy got beat up by someone else. That guy has no right to talk trash because he still got beat up by that dude.

lol. Clear as mud man!

At the end of the day Texas still beat us 13-12, still won the Big 12, still has beaten us 5 straight times, has beaten us 8 out of the 9 times we have played since the Big 12 started and still owns a 9-4 series advantage. Texas losing to Alabama doesn’t change the fact that they own us since 1996.

Nope it doesn't and I don't think anyone on this board is trying to make that argument. It's just karma. Texas got a few favorable calls and things that went their way in the Big 12 Championship and in the BCS Championship, several calls and things went against them. Personally, I really liked the result.

It's almost poetic...

Karma jumped up and bit Ol' Texas in the but for all their lying and cheating.

They shouldn't even have been in the BCS Championship game.

exactly what I was saying during the game. karma is a bitch, and mack brown got what he deserved... a humbling loss on national TV.

TUCK FEXAS!

I think it's funny how they chant SEC! SEC! SEC! Towards the end of the game. Really? If the Huskers were 2 minutes away from winning the National Championship the last thing I would be chanting is our conference name. :dunno

:wasted:wasted:power:power:power:hookerhorns:bonez:bonez:corndance:koolaid2:

That would be me ^^^^

Yet another reason why the SEC does it: http://poonsec.blogspot.com/ ...

And the BIG XII does not: http://big12poon.blogspot.com/

LeKevin Smith? Texas Tech?

LeKevin Smith? Texas Tech?

That was my first thought