Pete Carroll to the Seahawks?

Nexus

They mentioned on the radio here that he was trying to convince his current OC to join him. Guess that goof Trojan that always leaves comments on the nebraska state paper section will be absent for a while.

Yeah i'm with everyone else...this just reeks of sanctions coming soon and he's bailing...

Here is a pretty well known USC blog those in So Cal know about. Scott Wolf appears a lot on local sports radio giving his inside scoop on all things USC...a lot of Trojan fans don't like him but he usually has some decent insight.

http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/

I was shocked when I heard this today. Carroll to the Seahawks? I am thinking the writing is on the wall that the NCAA could come down on the program. So, this could also hurt any potential new hire...like a Mike Riley...he has a good gig at Oregon St. So he could come to USC and then run risk of going on probation. That is going to weigh on any potential hire as well as recruits...do recruits want to come without Pete and then be stuck during probation years? Kids come to USC to play for the BCS title and Rose Bowl...imagine if they aren't eligible to play for those games? Look for recruits to start bailing.

Man, one sub-par year and this whole empire is crumbling (also RB McKnight and WR Williams now bolting to the NFL and back-up QB Corp will transfer). Oregon is now getting the conference props, Stanford and Harbaugh keep getting USC's number and rubbing Pete's nose in it, Ricky and UCLA will do anything to take the Trojans out, and his old staff is at Washington and kicking his butt also. Carroll may see Seahawks as his last pay day...if he were to have another bad year at USC next year and also have sanctions come against him, then a lot of tarnish falls off the program, no more big recruits, no more dominating the Pac-10 and the Rose Bowl games against the Little 11, no more NFL teams calling to boost your ego.

This one has me very intrigued. :snacks:

All of the bolded stuff that I have highlighted are basically the writing on the wall that Carrol is out the door and heading to Seattle. The players know what's going on so they're taking the opportunity to go pro or to transfer and Carrol has lost numerous assistants who most of them stayed inside the Pac 10 and now are giving Carrol a run for his money.

Carrol leaves and USC goes down as a football program and all of their bandwagon fans and celebrity fans will all wash away. Notice no big name celebrities even went to their bowl game against Boston College even though the bowl was in California.

Owa wasn't ever big on USC... if anything I would say it hurts us with Owa because it makes the Pac 10 a more wide open conference, but in the end it shouldn't change anything with Owa's decision.

I wonder what happens if USC goes back and gets their former OC who is now the HC at Washington (Sarkesion or whatever his name is?) then does Locker stay or go pro? Either way if that would happen it makes our game up there much easier.

they will not have a problem finding a great coach, but this may not be the "dream" job some think it is" , not refering to anyone on the board, just the public in general.

* Obvious NCAA sanctions on way, Pac 10 gunning for USC and will be for years to come, Pac 10 has "caught up" in a sense (not intimidated anymore), and you will have to follow some pretty big shoes.

Other than location ......recruiting, weather, and hard on from ESPN.... this job isn't as attractive as it may be perceived.

How the mighty tumble down.. Guy was a win at all costs coach obviously rules mean nothing.

College football is a cleaner place with him gone!

Door meet ass!

Sounds like Mechicken fans talking about Osborne in '97. <_<

I'm relieved and dissapointed at the same time.

He came the closest to comming up with a team that gave our '95 team serious competition as "best team evar"...But I feel College ball just took a bad hit :dunno

He wasn't afraid of NCAA jail, but he was tired of NCAA laws.

He hated worrying about amateur compliance when he was trying to fashion a pro defense. He hated dealing with a player's college transcript when he was trying to prepare him for the NFL combine.

And he hated that suddenly, athletic department officials were smartly growing wary that he could handle it all. If they took McKnight off his team before a bowl game -- a good move, by the way -- Carroll wondered what was next.

It was as if Carroll felt he was too big for a department that suddenly realized this giant could eventually squash them all.

There is no compliance department in Seattle. There is no Mike Garrett in Seattle. There will be no increasingly dubious boosters,

Pete Carroll can start fresh in a league that is his football home.

Herm Edwards to USC?