USC SUCKS

ESPN is saying the leading candidate is the Oregon State coach. And isn't Owa still somewhat considering them? If so, that only helps.

Well, he was....

Meanwhile, more fallout for USC recruiting. Here are some more quotes from current Trojan commits today via Rivals:

Dillon Baxter - "He's gone man. I've haven't talked to the coaches yet - they won't talk to me."

George Uko - "He is really gone."

Kyle Prater - "I don't even want to talk about that." He walked away with a "sickened" look on his face, declining further comment.

Let the poaching being in earnest!

The sad part about Prater's situation is that he enrolled early at USC and is expected to start class next Monday.

ESPN is saying the leading candidate is the Oregon State coach. And isn't Owa still somewhat considering them? If so, that only helps.

Well, he was....

Meanwhile, more fallout for USC recruiting. Here are some more quotes from current Trojan commits today via Rivals:

Dillon Baxter - "He's gone man. I've haven't talked to the coaches yet - they won't talk to me."

Kyle Prater - "I don't even want to talk about that." He walked away with a "sickened" look on his face, declining further comment.

The sad part about Prater's situation is that he enrolled early at USC and is expected to start class next Monday.

Doesn't the NCAA have exceptions for these kinds of situations when there is a coaching change? I thought that even if a player has signed his LOI, he can back out of it without penalty if there is a head coaching change. I'm pretty sure this happened this last month, though I forget the player and school. But I could be wrong about this.

Well, he was....

Doesn't the NCAA have exceptions for these kinds of situations when there is a coaching change? I thought that even if a player has signed his LOI, he can back out of it without penalty if there is a head coaching change. I'm pretty sure this happened this last month, though I forget the player and school. But I could be wrong about this.

I'm not sure. Either way though, I feel for the kid.

He hasn't signed his letter yet. He won't until Feb. 3rd, so he can take classes at USC or wherever this spring, sign an intent in Feb., and still go where he wants. Only Dec. graduating JUCO's have already signed.

i think its pretty incredible... looking at it USC has kinda come down a lot from its might pearch... with carroll and his OC going (carrol wants him as his OC in Seatle) this could really drop USC further from it domination... hence top recruits begin to expand to other schools.. with USC down (possibly for a loong time and OU having a sh**ty year) i think Nebraska can fill tha void......... we are peaking right at the right time

So lets see:

Texas - loses its winningest qb since ever, and his roommate wr

OU - loses its heisman winning qb, stud dt, coming off bad season

USC - loses its head coach, star RB

Florida - loses its head coach?, gods gift (tebow) and a lot of other good players

ND - new head coach, loses its star QB

Seems like this could definitely be an interesting year :)

So lets see:

Florida - loses its head coach?, gods gift (tebow) and a lot of other good players

ND also lost a superstar WR.

So lets see:

ND also lost a superstar WR.

USC also lost Jr. WR Damian Williams (NFL draft) and Backup QB Aaron Corp to Richmond (transfer)

i believe there's another thread talking about OWA who said that if Carroll leaves USC and Riley(?) leaves Oregon state to coach at USC both teams would be out of the race because, they would be "liars" since both coaches told him they would be there when/if he came to play for them

AHHH why can't we have 10 scholarship spots still open not 2 or 3

If this was the case the entire negative nancies on this board would be like, "Man this staff sucks!!! Why can't we recruit? Look at Texas, their class is full! Our Coaches are taking vacations, they suck, suck, suck......" and so on.

Spot on. Everyone freaked out BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED because our class had no1 in it and we were out of our top people on our board and we would be settling for 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th choices.

FYI, Prater just announced that he's undecided on USC, but will NOT attend classes on Monday. Therefore he's open to considering other schools at the moment. Florida and Notre Dame have shown him interest since the news of Carroll possibly leaving the program broke over the weekend.