SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

• 2 weeks later...

Someone from Arizona posted an interesting story on HI about an event held by Arizonans for Nebraska the week after LOI signing day. Dr. Tom, Matt Davison and Tommie Frazier were the special guests. Anyway he said that Tommie Frazier told him that he was on the phone with Brion in Bo Pelini's office 2 days (Monday) before signing day to see where Brion's head was at since it was rumored he'd be signing with WKU. Brion told him that he would be signing with Nebraska instead of WKU, but he didn't realize that Tommie was talking to him from Bo's office, and Bo happened to be nearby and overheard this confession. Brion told Tommie that he was going to call Bo on Tuesday morning to tell him that he was signing with Nebraska on Wednesday.

In other Brion news:

Five Manatee High football players were selected to the Class 5A all-state team, which was announced Friday.

Quarterback Brion Carnes, running back Mike Blakely, wide receiver Ace Sanders and offensive lineman Ryan Brown were named to the first team, and receiver Quenton Bundrage was picked for the second team.

Carnes, who has signed with Nebraska, threw for 2,509 yards and 25 touchdowns and rushed for 422 yards and 12 touchdowns. A four-year starter, he was the first freshman quarterback to start at Manatee under coach Joe Kinnan.

Another four-year starter, Sanders, snared 65 catches for 942 yards and nine touchdowns. He rushed for two, as well. The senior has signed with South Carolina.

A junior, the versatile Blakely finished with 1,401 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns and rushed for more than 600 yards in five postseason games. Blakely also had 35 catches, played some quarterback and ran a kickoff back for a touchdown, giving him 19 scores on the season.

Brown, a senior, was Manatee's center and was a solid long-snapper, which benefitted a Hurricanes team that ran mostly out of the shotgun.

Bundrage, another junior, had a breakthrough year, finishing with 46 catches and pacing all Manatee receivers with 11 touchdowns.

He also had 800 receiving yards and led all receivers with six catches in the Class 5A state championship game.

The Canes went 13-2 this season, reaching a state final for the first time since 1993.

http://www.bradenton...ry/2054032.html

• 3 months later...

there is a rivals teaser with his pic on it..... about the 2010 class arriving any info anybody

Good lord man . . . the rivals members know when teasers are posted. Let them get to the information when they have time. It looks like 80% of your posts are asking for information on rivals teasers.

Whoa Nelly Carl. We just get a bit ancy. No need to rip on the guy. I ask for them too sometimes, because let's face it we are cheap and have no patience. I'm glad to see you guys pounding glasses though. It helps sooth my ADD.

I didn't really mean to rip on him. 29 of his 83 posts are asking for premium information. I can understand wanting to find out what's going on . . . but 35% of his posts are asking for information that others pay for. (What can I say . . . I've got spare time at the moment.)

Apologies if I came off too rude.

Whoa Nelly Carl. We just get a bit ancy. No need to rip on the guy. I ask for them too sometimes, because let's face it we are cheap and have no patience. I'm glad to see you guys pounding glasses though. It helps sooth my ADD.

I didn't really mean to rip on him. 29 of his 83 posts are asking for premium information. I can understand wanting to find out what's going on . . . but 35% of his posts are asking for information that others pay for. (What can I say . . . I've got spare time at the moment.)

Apologies if I came off too rude.

You went through and counted them? lol.

• 3 weeks later...