SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Cody is straight-line fast, but his lateral speed is garbage. In HS, he played crappy 4A competition in Texas and had enough speed and athleticism for that level to just simply dominate. He doesn't have that advantage in the B12 where he is average, at best.

I know Cody wants to be a QB, but his future would be best served going to WR or TE, more likely at TE. Unless he is content with going through college just to get a degree, in which case he can stay at QB.

But at least Brion is looking good on scout team. Really think he may be our best capable backup QB next year.

His mechanics look good, but virtually every throw was a wounded duck. Very few spirals. I hope that gets cleaned up before he sees the field.

I'm telling you, this Brion Carnes kid is the real deal. Watch him keep his eyes down field while he's scrambling under pressure. Watch his lateral moves and how many people he makes miss. Watch his straight line speed. Watch his ability to make yards with his feet after a broken play. These are all the things that make this guy Deadly!!

Hmm......sounds like you also could be talking about Jamal Turner. Except I am taking Jamal in a footrace against Brion every day of the week.

Now the biggest difference at this point is Brion is in the colors and Jamal isn't(which I have no doubt he will be a Husker by midterm). The QB position is being stockpiled with wealth and I don't know if a lot of us have realized how crazy lucky NU possibly will be having these four kids at the QB position in the near future.

:bigredn::restore:horns2:thumbs:w00t

• 4 weeks later...

Brion is doing pretty well, I don't think he'll take over QB 1 unless if Taylor transfers (at this point I expect Cody Green to transfer). I expect him to see the field next year a bit though in possibly a WR role, he's got a lot of talent and needs to be on the field.

Really? Cuz I was thing the exact opposite. If Carnes is as good as people are saying (and I'm fully aware of the fact that everybody's favorite player is the backup QB), then I expect him to come in and put up good competition, if not supplant Taylor as the starter, with Taylor then seeing time as a receiver, assuming he doesn't transfer.

My reasoning is that Carnes appears to be the better passer than Taylor at this point in his career, and Taylor's fumbles are really a giant detriment to this team. We could at least mask this by not putting the ball in his hands every play on offense and only some of them (hence, him as a receiver).

Brion is doing pretty well, I don't think he'll take over QB 1 unless if Taylor transfers (at this point I expect Cody Green to transfer). I expect him to see the field next year a bit though in possibly a WR role, he's got a lot of talent and needs to be on the field.

Really? Cuz I was thing the exact opposite. If Carnes is as good as people are saying (and I'm fully aware of the fact that everybody's favorite player is the backup QB), then I expect him to come in and put up good competition, if not supplant Taylor as the starter, with Taylor then seeing time as a receiver, assuming he doesn't transfer.

My reasoning is that Carnes appears to be the better passer than Taylor at this point in his career, and Taylor's fumbles are really a giant detriment to this team. We could at least mask this by not putting the ball in his hands every play on offense and only some of them (hence, him as a receiver).

If they were worried about who's a better passer, Cody or Zac would have started this year. Brion can't do the same things as Taylor with his legs, Pelini loves Taylor to the point that it's hurting team chemistry, unless Taylor leaves, he will be our QB.

I can see Brion or Jamal taking over QB 1 sooner rather than later if they can throw the ball and more importantly take care of the ball better. I can see Taylor being a slot receiver and then have him run some Wildcat now and then like Rex does now. If Jamal can learn the Offense I can see him coming in right away and competing for the starting spot. Jamal is dynamic! However, if somehow, someway, we get Bubba, then he will be the man!! He is a BIG dude and fast as s$*t. He will be able to take a beating when running the ball at this size and he of course has a good arm, but will need to learn the passing game since they didn't do much of that with him because they didn't need to with his running ability.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anybody heard how Brion's doing as a redshirt freshman? Has he been getting action on the scout team?

A poster on here heard he was being compared to Vick. Solid info I know. :sarcasm

;)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anybody heard how Brion's doing as a redshirt freshman? Has he been getting action on the scout team?

A poster on here heard he was being compared to Vick. Solid info I know. :sarcasm

I think of him as the junior/senior version of Pat White. I don't know if he will be the winner that Pat was, but their skillsets are similar.

Slender build, more quick than they are fast, and a solid passer.

I know folks are raving about what Brion and Corey Cooper are doing on the scout team. Both of these guys should be doing big things for us in the future.

• Fire 2

I know folks are raving about what Brion and Corey Cooper are doing on the scout team. Both of these guys should be doing big things for us in the future.

This is good to hear.

so why you guys being a **** tease and just tell us what you heard........