SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

• 4 months later...

IMO will be a clear second string next year. Green, although had some nice passes today, is clearly not the dynamic qb we are looking for and on top of that might be slower than Zac Lee. I'm not sure how fast Carnes is but he sure can't be slower than Green. With that said, it sure wasn't Green's fault for our lackluster offensive showing.

IMO will be a clear second string next year. Green, although had some nice passes today, is clearly not the dynamic qb we are looking for and on top of that might be slower than Zac Lee. I'm not sure how fast Carnes is but he sure can't be slower than Green. With that said, it sure wasn't Green's fault for our lackluster offensive showing.

Green is seriously fast, or he wouldn't have put up the running stats he did in HS. But he is not playing fast right now, and is showing very little explosion. He has tremendous athleticism, but that's just not good enough to make up for his shortcomings in the passing game. As opposed to Taylor, whose tremendous athleticism DOES make up for it and even forces defense to compensate in a way that really opens up the passing game at times for us.

If Green had a better attitude, a redshirt year under his belt, I think he would have come along further. Of course, he's only a sophomore, and there's plenty of time, especially if he redshirts next year (doubtful, is my guess). He was always a raw prospect coming out of HS and we all realized (or should have) that it was going to take him some time. Two years of sitting humbly and learning, then being worked into the offense if he emerged as the starter, should have been the plan with him but unfortunately it wasn't how it unfolded, and that will negatively affect his perception in the eyes of fans. Sadly, it is what it is.

Cody is straight-line fast, but his lateral speed is garbage. In HS, he played crappy 4A competition in Texas and had enough speed and athleticism for that level to just simply dominate. He doesn't have that advantage in the B12 where he is average, at best.

I know Cody wants to be a QB, but his future would be best served going to WR or TE, more likely at TE. Unless he is content with going through college just to get a degree, in which case he can stay at QB.

But at least Brion is looking good on scout team. Really think he may be our best capable backup QB next year.

I'm telling you, this Brion Carnes kid is the real deal. Watch him keep his eyes down field while he's scrambling under pressure. Watch his lateral moves and how many people he makes miss. Watch his straight line speed. Watch his ability to make yards with his feet after a broken play. These are all the things that make this guy Deadly!!

• Fire 1

I have ridiculously high hopes for Brion Carnes, since I have heard he's been tearing it up in practice this year, I have no doubt he will be the clear cut 2nd QB next year, I fully expect him to push Taylor next spring and fall to be the starter, like I said I loved his film and what he can bring to the table I'm very high on him.

I have ridiculously high hopes for Brion Carnes, since I have heard he's been tearing it up in practice this year, I have no doubt he will be the clear cut 2nd QB next year, I fully expect him to push Taylor next spring and fall to be the starter, like I said I loved his film and what he can bring to the table I'm very high on him.

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Just imagine what spring practice is going to look like.... OHHH....MYYYY....GOSSHHH... Taylor Martinez, Brion Carnes, Jamal Turner... It's gonna be like a horse race track out there. 4.4 guys all over the field hitting people at 20mph and sprinting across the 100yard football field before anyone can blink. Throw in some Burkhead and Aaron Green along with our Studly line... take Niles Paul's fumbles out and OH MY GOSH.

• Fire 1

Brion will be no. 2 for sure but Jamal and Bubba will be tough competition. I don't want to be mean but all four of those QB's will be better than C Green. They are fast and all better in the passing game. We only had a shot of winning that game with Rex in the Wildcat. He is a RB. That is pretty scary.