With Pete Carroll leaving USC for the No Fun League, it honestly surprised me that not once did Bo ever get brought up in discussions for Carroll's replacement. It is truly amazing what Bo has done with the same talent that was the worst defense in college football, and with two years of seasoning, making them the top defense in the land. If I'm not mistaken, Bo and Carroll coached together in the NFL?

Bo Pelini to USC makes sense, if it weren't for the sanctions that will be thundering down on the SC program. Bo might not have the "laid back SO CAL attitude" that Carroll possessed, but Bo possesses a trait that Carroll struggled with while at SC. USC always seemed to drop a game or two a season by looking ahead, or by simply playing flat against an inferior opponent. Would Bo Pelini allow his team to overlook or play uninspired football? Never in a million years, and with his defensive system, he could become an all-time great with the talent that SC brings in year in, year out.

Hypothetically speaking ofcourse, is anyone else not surprised that Bo's name not once came up in regrads to the SC opening?

What attracts OSU's coach to them more than anyone else?

As much as we in Nebraska know Bo's name, he still isn't the "hot" name in college football. Peterson, Stoops, Ferentz, etc still get the nod over Bo. USC will not settle for just anyone.....not sure why Mike Riley was so attractive.

Look for Jon Gruden's name to pop up....

HANC, I think Bo's name is very respectable actually. A lot of sportswriters talk about Nebraska's resurgence, but completely within the context of this being Bo Pelini's new defense. He's gotten plenty of mention before as the hot button assistant who coached LSU's D after having previously done the same for OU.

I think it may be simply a case of USC feeling he isn't their style, combined with not really having any 'in's to Bo. If OSU's job opened up, I'm sure he'd be a big part of that discussion. But IMO they got a good thing going with Tressel.

I am not saying that his name is "unknown".....obviously the media on ESPN mention him all the time (lately) but when has ANYONE heard his name be in the "first mentioned" coaches to go to "big time" programs?

Maybe I have missed something, but when ND came ........no mention of Bo

when Florida was open for a day........no mention of Bo

** Names mentioned in those programs included Stoops, Ferentz, Les Miles, and even Chris Peterson....not Bo.

Unitl I start hearing his name in the first round of rumors, I will stick to my guns on the fact that Bo isn't yet in the same league ( in name recogintion ONLY) as the coaches I said earlier.

Zoogies, you are correct in saying that his Defense is getting a ton of atttention, and he was known as the 'hot" assistant....and right now the national media loves him.....just haven't heard his name mentioned at all........which is good for US :)

Any coach going to USC is going to wind up being the scapegoat following the NCAA's dropping of the hammer on that program. No coach in their right mind will get within 200 miles of USC

Totally agree. All of the "big names" won't touch this job. Why would they leave a current position just in time for the NCAA to smack USC with a bunch of regulations and watch the program dive head first into a big pool of average?

Apparently, one particular USC recruit is making "demands" of USC now...isn't that special <_<

QB Recruit gives USC deadline

Jesse Scroggins called his shot Monday night: He will win a national championship at USC in 2012. Unless he decides to go elsewhere. The Lakewood High quarterback has imposed a Saturday morning deadline for the Trojans to name a replacement for Coach Pete Carroll, who has resigned to take the same post in the NFL with the Seattle Seahawks. If USC doesn't name a successor by then, Scroggins said, "I'm going to look for a college who could win the national championship in 2012."