Apparently, one particular USC recruit is making "demands" of USC now...isn't that special <_<

QB Recruit gives USC deadline

Jesse Scroggins called his shot Monday night: He will win a national championship at USC in 2012. Unless he decides to go elsewhere. The Lakewood High quarterback has imposed a Saturday morning deadline for the Trojans to name a replacement for Coach Pete Carroll, who has resigned to take the same post in the NFL with the Seattle Seahawks. If USC doesn't name a successor by then, Scroggins said, "I'm going to look for a college who could win the national championship in 2012."

Very much not the kind of thing I want my recruits doing, but I fear the way these kids are being kowtowed to these days that this will become the norm rather than the exception.

I don't buy that USC will get in any trouble with the NCAA. If anything they will punish themselves and that will be it. They may end up giving the AD the boot but I don't see any sort of "hammer" being dropped on them in the near future.

I think Carroll leaving is a self-imposed sanction. They found a way to get him out and make it look like it had nothing to do with the NCAA.

there was a report s couple of weeks ago that said USC would self-impose sanctions for some violations.

Does anybody think Carroll is leaving for anything other than NCAA violations?

I don't buy that USC will get in any trouble with the NCAA. If anything they will punish themselves and that will be it. They may end up giving the AD the boot but I don't see any sort of "hammer" being dropped on them in the near future.

I think Carroll leaving is a self-imposed sanction. They found a way to get him out and make it look like it had nothing to do with the NCAA.

there was a report s couple of weeks ago that said USC would self-impose sanctions for some violations.

My guess is if USC imposes their own sanctions, it will affect the basketball team moreso than the football team.

I'm not buying the idea that Seattle is Carroll's dream NFL gig, if that's what you mean. Paul Allen isn't likely to give Carroll the kind of ultimate control Carroll has often said he wanted to return to the NFL. Yeah, seven million dollars a year is really nice lunch money, but even still, why upset a great thing at USC? It's not like he's going back there if (when) the Seattle experiment fails.

Carroll's NFL record is barely over .500 and he has one playoff win in four seasons, missing the playoffs twice in four tries. He won about 90% of his college games, two national titles and seven conference titles in nine years. Even for the money, it's hard to imagine he's going to be even remotely as successful in the pros, and with lack of success comes unemployment.

I'm having a hard time buying into the idea that he really, really wanted to get back in the NFL so badly that he took the Seattle gig.

Apparently, one particular USC recruit is making "demands" of USC now...isn't that special <_<

QB Recruit gives USC deadline

Jesse Scroggins called his shot Monday night: He will win a national championship at USC in 2012. Unless he decides to go elsewhere. The Lakewood High quarterback has imposed a Saturday morning deadline for the Trojans to name a replacement for Coach Pete Carroll, who has resigned to take the same post in the NFL with the Seattle Seahawks. If USC doesn't name a successor by then, Scroggins said, "I'm going to look for a college who could win the national championship in 2012."

I'd tell that kid to not let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. The long term ramifications of finding the right coach are far bigger than one single player. This isn't basketball. I've yet to see one player carry the other 21 on his back and win the NC. Part of me believes the Washington coach will eventually be USC's next coach.

I'd tell that kid to not let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. The long term ramifications of finding the right coach are far bigger than one single player. This isn't basketball. I've yet to see one player carry the other 21 on his back and win the NC. Part of me believes the Washington coach will eventually be USC's next coach.

According to the Make-Believers Foundations, Tebow did that last year

Seriously, I initially though Sarc would have been a good choice, but then I realized he was there long enough to have known what was going on and the ramification that could/would result from that. I think Sarc keeps his distance and stays at Washington.