Maine not impressed with NU???

Foppa

"Actually, I think Montana was the loudest place I've ever played," Knox said. "I never expected to be playing at Nebraska. It won't be mind-blowing."

Knox is a safety/linebacker for Maine.

Maybe Nebraska needs to change his mind for him, huh? :thumbs

"Actually, I think Montana was the loudest place I've ever played," Knox said. "I never expected to be playing at Nebraska. It won't be mind-blowing."

Knox is a safety/linebacker for Maine.

Maybe Nebraska needs to change his mind for him, huh? :thumbs

:lol: Yeah I hear those montana games are real loud, maybe the sheep getting stooped are but other than that I just dont hear many talk about the crowd noise in Montana.

homeboy is in for a real treat i hope he brings some ear plugs :horns2

wow, its kind of embarrassing on two ends.

embarrassing for Maine that a LB is bragging on... Montana?!

and embarrassing for us that we're playing a team that has never played in a stadium louder than one in... yes- Montana.

:wasted

I had to check the Montana Grizzlies website to check out this LOUD stadium that left such a mark on a Maine player..

Washington-Grizzly Stadium- Capacity: 19,005; Max ~23,000

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/content/fa...s/wgs.htm#about

I realize that Maine is a really small-time football opponent (though they would absolutely kick our a$$es in hockey!). but until i looked at the page link above i guess it didn't fully dawn on me just how small-time. Montana plays teams like Northern Colorado?! I hate to bash UNC b/c i have a few friends that go there but come on, they barely even get mention on local Colorado sports news.

wow, its kind of embarrassing on two ends.

embarrassing for Maine that a LB is bragging on... Montana?!

and embarrassing for us that we're playing a team that has never played in a stadium louder than one in... yes- Montana.

:wasted

I had to check the Montana Grizzlies website to check out this LOUD stadium that left such a mark on a Maine player..

Washington-Grizzly Stadium- Capacity: 19,005; Max ~23,000

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/content/fa...s/wgs.htm#about

I realize that Maine is a really small-time football opponent (though they would absolutely kick our a$$es in hockey!). but until i looked at the page link above i guess it didn't fully dawn on me just how small-time. Montana plays teams like Northern Colorado?! I hate to bash UNC b/c i have a few friends that go there but come on, they barely even get mention on local Colorado sports news.

Hey now, give UNC a break. We've only been in 1-AA for a single year and we played one of the hardest schedules in AA last year. We were back to back Div 2 champions in '96 and '97. We don't even have the maximum number of scholarships yet and our top WR went in the second round this last draft.

With that out of the way, I completely agree! What's this guy thinking? What real stadiums have they played in? Miss St? And he thinks that's going to compare with the Sea of Red? Boy's got a touch of the fever.

Hey now, give UNC a break.  We've only been in 1-AA for a single year and we played one of the hardest schedules in AA last year.  We were back to back Div 2 champions in '96 and '97.  We don't even have the maximum number of scholarships yet and our top WR went in the second round this last draft

I didn't mean it to sound like i was dissing UNC, I do apologize if it was taken that way! ;) I just meant that UNC is, as you pointed out, DII, less schollies, etc. Ive just never thought of UNC as a school that might possibly play the likes of a D1 team. so when i saw them listed on the page, i was actually surprised to see a team we scheduled on the same level as UNC.

it made it even more rediculous that a guy at that level would compare the stadium of a prominant D1 program to one at their own level. :smokin

To those attending the game, you have an added motivation (if you needed one): make sure mr. knox gets his mind blown by the Sea of Red.

Hey now, give UNC a break.  We've only been in 1-AA for a single year and we played one of the hardest schedules in AA last year.  We were back to back Div 2 champions in '96 and '97.  We don't even have the maximum number of scholarships yet and our top WR went in the second round this last draft

I didn't mean it to sound like i was dissing UNC, I do apologize if it was taken that way! ;) I just meant that UNC is, as you pointed out, DII, less schollies, etc. Ive just never thought of UNC as a school that might possibly play the likes of a D1 team. so when i saw them listed on the page, i was actually surprised to see a team we scheduled on the same level as UNC.

it made it even more rediculous that a guy at that level would compare the stadium of a prominant D1 program to one at their own level. :smokin

To those attending the game, you have an added motivation (if you needed one): make sure mr. knox gets his mind blown by the Sea of Red.

Not Div 2 anymore, nope. Second year in Div 1 and moving to Big Sky conference next year. So we'll actually be in the same division as Montana. We're just bottom of the barrel yet because the NCAA doesn't want to give us the rest of our schollies. And I doubt UNC is going to play a 1-A team any time soon, but the AA preseason 25 came out a bit ago and neither Maine or UNC got in, and we got just about the same number of votes.

Someone should post that one in the locker room, and around campus, and at every freeking gas station in Nebraska. Those SOB's are going down now! I was kind of hoping that we would win comfortably, no one would get hurt, and great respect would be shown by both sides, but screw that now. I hope the iceman hits the fullback so hard that his teeth get jammed into the BACK of his helmet. You wanna see Montana, we will show you Montana, after we kick you in the ass so hard you fly all the way there.

Someone should post that one in the locker room, and around campus, and at every freeking gas station in Nebraska. Those SOB's are going down now! I was kind of hoping that we would win comfortably, no one would get hurt, and great respect would be shown by both sides, but screw that now. I hope the iceman hits the fullback so hard that his teeth get jammed into the BACK of his helmet. You wanna see Montana, we will show you Montana, after we kick you in the ass so hard you fly all the way there.

Say that again. Chills, man, chills.

Beautiful Chi-town...I expect this garbage-slinging by K-State, CU, or UT, and they can sometimes back it up...but MAINE??? Unbelievable.

If Nebraska needs to take a look at where they are now perceived, look no further than your 1st opponent who thinks the UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE is a bad-ass team.

Time to open up shop an take care of business, boys!!! :clap