BCS System - HA!

Cy, I like your system minus one little thing.

Notre Dame only has to be above Army or Navy, to get a pass to the playoffs. I f****** hate Notre Dame, they get enough free passes as it is.

But that's only a pass to the first round, which I have no problem with. They'll get beaten in the first or second round and we'll be done hearing about them.

Notre Dame only has to be above Army or Navy, to get a pass to the playoffs. I f****** hate Notre Dame, they get enough free passes as it is.

But that's only a pass to the first round, which I have no problem with. They'll get beaten in the first or second round and we'll be done hearing about them.

True. It just pisses me off that ESPN would claim that they are now back because they're in the top 2 out of the 3 teams that make up the Independents. :espnsucks:

I think your system is flawed. You're putting every conference on a level playing field which it's not. How can you know who the two best teams are in a conference when they don't all play one another? The easiest scenario for a playoff is quite simple. Do away with the conference championship games and the nonconference games in the bigger conferences. Use the current BCS formula to rank the top 8 teams. Use the current BCS bowls as the playoffs and rotate the NC bowl just like they do now. Have the 8 teams play in the playoffs and pair them according to their ranking. Continue to have the rest of the bowl games as we currently have them.

I like this idea, all conference champs and their runner-ups. The thing i think needs to be added is all conferences need to have 2 divisions and and a championship game in order to limit 3 way ties (as we saw with UT, OU and TT last year) and in which case if there is, you would still need to have some sort of computer poll to generate a 3 way tiebreaker.

My thought on the whole thing is the NCAA should put a moratorium on TV contracts as the current ones expire and begin to "standardize" college football.

For example, take the 120 current FBS teams and put them into 10 12-team conferences. Have each conference play 8 conference games and a CCG and then have 4 non-conference games. The 10 conference champs and 6 "at-large" teams will each get into the tourney. Put an emphasis on non-conference strenght of schedule/victories and watch the big schools line up to play each other!!!

The bowl system will continue and thrive. There are currently 34 bowl games. 15 bowl games will be used in the tourney and you could set up 24 or so bowl games. 3 a day for 8 days and you have "Capital One Bowl Week" with those games played before the first weekend of the tourney.

The money could be divided evenly for the first round games, and then conferences and schools advancing would receive the bulk of funds going forward.

Imagine Round 1 Matchups like...

#1 SEC Champ - Alabama vs. #16 At-Large - Wisconsin

#2 Big XII Champ - Texas vs. #15 At-Large - Pittsburgh

#3 At-Large - Florida vs. #14 At-Large - Nebraska

#4 WAC Champ - Boise St vs. #13 ACC Champ - Georgia Tech

#5 Big 10 Champ - Ohio St vs. #12 At-Large - BYU

#6 MWC Champ - TCU vs. #11 At-Large - Oregon

#7 At-Large - Iowa vs. #10 At-Large - Va Tech

#8 At-Large - Penn St. vs. #9 Big East Champ - Cincinnati

Assuming my picks are correct, here is Quarter Finals...

#1 Alabama vs. #8 Penn St. - Sugar Bowl

#2 Texas vs. #7 Iowa - Cotton Bowl

#14 Nebraska vs. #11 Oregon - Holiday Bowl

#4 Boise St. vs. #5 Ohio St. - Alamo Bowl

Then come the Semi-Finals...

#1 Alabama vs. #5 Ohio St. - Orange Bowl

#2 Texas vs. #14 Nebraska - Fiesta Bowl

NATIONAL TITLE GAME....

#1 Alabama vs. #14 Nebraska - Rose Bowl

Bowl Tie-ins would be biggest bowl, closest to higher seed...or schools with tie-ins (ie Big XII - Fiesta)

i really like your idea, and i think it would be the best and most exciting. it is extremely stupid that the ncaa is the only sporting entity to sell the rights to its championship series, and that division 1 football is the only sport without a playoff. i got to believe your system or a playoff system that keeps the remaining bowls would be more profitable. it has to be about control and keeping the top teams up.

Pounding Notre Dame into the turf is kind of a reward to the #1 seed. It's like a bye but with that funny Lucky Charms mascot to humiliate and stomp on to keep from hurting any of your scout team guys during practice...

Pounding Notre Dame into the turf is kind of a reward to the #1 seed. It's like a bye but with that funny Lucky Charms mascot to humiliate and stomp on to keep from hurting any of your scout team guys during practice...

Great point, Cy. I no longer see a problem in your system.

I think your system is flawed. You're putting every conference on a level playing field which it's not. How can you know who the two best teams are in a conference when they don't all play one another? The easiest scenario for a playoff is quite simple. Do away with the conference championship games and the nonconference games in the bigger conferences. Use the current BCS formula to rank the top 8 teams. Use the current BCS bowls as the playoffs and rotate the NC bowl just like they do now. Have the 8 teams play in the playoffs and pair them according to their ranking. Continue to have the rest of the bowl games as we currently have them.

Of course all the conferences aren't on a level playing field...thus the system of seeding according to the strength of conference schedule. You're the champs of a cream puff conference...enjoy yourself playing the second best team in the SEC or Big 12...

The BCS is flawed...depending on input from computers (when they take time off from cranking out bogus global warming information) and members of the press (whose only expereince with a pigskin is eating a pork chop in the press box) to determine who can potentually be the National Champ is dumb. Why can't Boise State or TCU run the table and win the whole thing? Right now it's because the BCS says it can't.

What if the SEC has 4 of the best teams in college football? You're going to penalize 2 of them by not letting them into the playoffs. When you take a big conference like the Big 12 where all teams don't play one another, how do you really know who the 2 best teams even are? TCU and Boise State under my scenario both would have gotten the opportunity to play for the NC because both were in the top 8.