Does the Coaching Carousel help us?

With the big shake ups happening with the Coaching Carousel that has started does this help us even more for our 2010 season or is there no real affect?

I think it certainly helps us especially within our own league. 2 new coaches in the North Division should mean a somewhat easier schedule than originaly expected. On the national stage i think we get some help as well, while we arent playing these teams most of them are powers that may slip and fall and allow us to climb the polls (USC, Tenn, Cincy, possibly Florida) After looking at our schedule and the coaching changes that are taking place I think our road is getting easier. I just hope we can capitalize on this opportunity.

Also, does anyone know if there are any big recruits we could possibly pick off of the schools going through turmoil?

The coaching carousel means nothings if our players can't produce.

i think that is why the op said he hopes we can take advantage of this opportunity.

hopefully tennessee will pick up muschamp. that would really weaken texas and it would have a lasting effect, as he is the "heir apparent" to mack's throne.

The coaching carousel means nothings if our players can't produce.

I was hoping for some type of benefit from this but so far it hasn't benefited us so far.

Our/NU's class was about done when this all started but I was certain it would help.

The biggest names, so far, appear to be Brion Carnes and Smitek. Carnes is the biggest fish so far, so let's see how this plays out in the next 10 days. We should hear if Carnes decommits and leaves USF. If you hear that then expect a NU commitment right after that.

USF should have a new coach in 10 days and that may or may not help keep some recruits.

1/25 or 1/26 we should now if he is staying at USF or coming to NU.

From a national standpoint, it does help Nebraska.

Tennessee had a lot of high expectations going into the 2010 season. Kiffin and Orgeron had done a phenomenal job recruiting into Tennessee. Florida is going to have a down year next season thanks to Meyer's indefinite leave of absence and Tebow's departure. Plus, Kiffin looked like he had things going in the right direction at Tennessee. People expected bumps and bruises in the first year, but he still almost beat the eventual BCS Champions Alabama.

USC was always going to be good with Carroll at the helm. Despite last years struggles, most of USC's faults can be attributed to a lack of depth defensively and a true Freshman quarterback. As long as Carroll was the coach, USC was going to be in the running for a Pac 10 championship.

Now, that is up in the air. Kiffin has only had one winning season as a head coach. Despite the wealth of talent that USC has, it will be tough to expect Kiffin to come in there and immediately get out of Carroll's players what he wants.

The point I'm reaching is that these are two schools that you more than likely will not see talked about from a BCS contender standpoint. Not to say it isn't possible, but USC will be down next year and Tennessee will be as well. I have even heard reports that Phil Fulmer was contacted by Tennessee. It's a mess with the Rocky Top singers.

Tennessee had a lot of high expectations going into the 2010 season. Kiffin and Orgeron had done a phenomenal job recruiting into Tennessee. Florida is going to have a down year next season thanks to Meyer's indefinite leave of absence and Tebow's departure. Plus, Kiffin looked like he had things going in the right direction at Tennessee. People expected bumps and bruises in the first year, but he still almost beat the eventual BCS Champions Alabama.

USC was always going to be good with Carroll at the helm. Despite last years struggles, most of USC's faults can be attributed to a lack of depth defensively and a true Freshman quarterback. As long as Carroll was the coach, USC was going to be in the running for a Pac 10 championship.

Now, that is up in the air. Kiffin has only had one winning season as a head coach. Despite the wealth of talent that USC has, it will be tough to expect Kiffin to come in there and immediately get out of Carroll's players what he wants.

The point I'm reaching is that these are two schools that you more than likely will not see talked about from a BCS contender standpoint. Not to say it isn't possible, but USC will be down next year and Tennessee will be as well. I have even heard reports that Phil Fulmer was contacted by Tennessee. It's a mess with the Rocky Top singers.

That is kinda what I was thinking. I hate counting my eggs before they are hatched but looking ahead at the schedule and the turmoil at some of the perennial programs its hard not to get really excited. Expecting some of these schools to take a step back there will be teams that step forward and take their place at the table. Why not us? 2010 really is shaping up to be an exciting year for us, i just hope the boys can deliver.

The tougher games on our schedule, @ Wash, vs Tex, @ Okie St, vs Mizz, @ TAMU all return their coaches. If the coaching carousel helps us it helps them too. If our toughest games were KU, Tech, and USC then I would say yes, but as it stands we're still in position to have a great year next year if things fall into place, this doesn't affect it one way or the other.

That is kinda what I was thinking. I hate counting my eggs before they are hatched but looking ahead at the schedule and the turmoil at some of the perennial programs its hard not to get really excited. Expecting some of these schools to take a step back there will be teams that step forward and take their place at the table. Why not us? 2010 really is shaping up to be an exciting year for us, i just hope the boys can deliver.

Absolutely.

If 2010 is heading in the direction it appears to be heading in, this could be a big year for many schools. Places like Boise State, TCU, and Oregon all have better chances to reach BCS bowls now. Florida will probably be confined to something of the Gator Bowl/Cotton Bowl Rankings, USC will probably be another Emerald Bowl contender, and Tennesse may even have trouble going over .500.

Nebraska knows that things are falling into place to have a successful season. 10 of 11 offensive starters coming back, a lot of depth defensively, and a relatively easy schedule that features Texas, Missouri, Kansas, and Colorado at home will really help Nebraska.

I wouldn't count USC out of anything. Monte Kiffin is a heck of a DC, and Norm Chow is a heck of an OC. Even though Lane is a complete sleazeball, he has surrounded himself with some outstanding assistants. I'd be willing to put 100 bucks on USC winning the Pac 10 in spite of having a douche for a coach.

Norm has to get to USC before you start saying he's apart of the program. Norm is still at UCLA as of now and it's been said by ESPN experts that it will take a TON of money for him to leave for USC.

I wouldn't count USC out of anything. Monte Kiffin is a heck of a DC, and Norm Chow is a heck of an OC. Even though Lane is a complete sleazeball, he has surrounded himself with some outstanding assistants. I'd be willing to put 100 bucks on USC winning the Pac 10 in spite of having a douche for a coach.

Where can I get in on this bet?