Position: OG

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 306 lbs.

40 time:

Scholarships offered: Tennessee, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota, Indiana, LSU

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

ESPN: 74

NOTES: Will visit Nebraska on 1/15. Was a solid verbal at Tennessee but now is opening his recruiting up again due to the departure of Kiffin.

Hometown: Homewood, IL

Position: OG

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 306 lbs.

40 time:

Scholarships offered: Tennessee, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota, Indiana, LSU

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

ESPN: 74

NOTES: Will visit Nebraska on 1/15. Was a solid verbal at Tennessee but now is opening his recruiting up again due to the departure of Kiffin.

nice. i would love to see another OL in this class.

#12 Guard in the country...Ill take that :)

hummm

i dont know about this guy... flavor of the month?? what happened to Denton Simick... seems like everything is such a whirlwind right now.........

My only issue with Simek is his ACL injury. That's a tough gamble. If it wasn't for his injury, I'd say bring him N.

I would take either Simek or Fulton, I really would like to see another O-Lineman in this class.

seems without a major injury zach fulton is the man..... super explosive and gret technique from stuff i've seen... simek.... well i'd like to have him as well i think he got a lot of upside but fulton already has that upside plus room to develop further.....

"We bought into him and I made the biggest mistake I ever made," said Glen Fulton, the father of UT offensive line commitment Zach Fulton of Homewood, Ill., in a story posted on the Knoxville News-Sentinel's Web site. "I bought into the man instead of buying into the university. Always buy into the university instead buying into the man. The university is going to be there."

...we always talk about the kids committing to a coach rather than a school. Even parents can get caught up in it.

Fulton said Tennessee is not out of it, that he had his heart set on TU long ago. But with this comment from his father...I'm guessing it will take quite a bit to remain a commit there.

(this might already be posted but) In addition to LSU/Illinois he's looking at Florida State (see if they can land 2 of our late prospects). His brother played at Illinois and now is a rookie tackle at Tampa Bay.

Since he has to make a quick decision, Illinois might have a good chance since their family is already familiar with that program and it's close to home. They also have the official scheduled on the 29th, which means they'll be able to make that late push and leave a lasting impression before signing day. Coaches will need to try and persuade him to not take those last visits.

(using scout/rival data, which is often a little off)

Offensive line depth at the 3 schools.

Nebraska

3 seniors

5 juniors

12 sophmores/rfm/fm

18 current commits including...

OL - Hardrick, Moudy, A-Rod (+ cotton probably moving)

LSU

2 seniors

1 junior

13 sophmores/rfm/fm

25 commits including...

OL - Porter (scout projecting D),Washington

Illini

2 seniors

2 juniors

12 sophmores/rfm/fm

10 commits including...

OL - Afryl, Bolton, Cvi, Heitz

-----------------------------------------------------

As for the class goes, LSU is certainly short on the OL. (because Hardrick saw the light and switched his commitment). They do however have a fairly full class at 25 and won't be graduating a lot of depth over the next 2 years.

The Ilini are still realing from the assistant coaching changes and their recruiting has taken a hit. They'll make a late push for a lot of recruits still left without a home. (see nebraska's 2008 class) They already have 4 offensive linemen committed however. Their class looks to be in shambles.

Nebraska has a fairly solid OL going into next year (regardless of their performance this year), however with Jones, Williams, Henry & Smith graduating after the 2010 season, all spots will be fairly open. A redshirt year would be ideal to put Fulton into a position to compete for one of those spots in 2011.

I think Nebraska stacks up nicely against the Illini and LSU. Add in the fact that there is almost NO chance that the Illini will be competing for a national championship (or Big 10 championship) in the next 4 years and he should be able to rule them out. Les Miles is on the hot seat after next season if he doesn't get 10 wins and reach the SEC Championship. I see LSU having major coaching changes in the next 1-3 years. In that area Nebraska is about as stable as they get - proven this year by the performance Watson/Cotton put in, yet the loyalty still showed to them by Bo. They were just burned by coaching changes at Tennessee...if they are looking for stability, Nebraska is 2nd to no one.

NU could really use Simek or Fulton. Next year NU will have the following O-linemen numbers on Scholarship: 5 Seniors, 3 Juniors (Counting Hardrick), 1 Sophomore, and 7 Redshirt/True Freshmen (Including Jake Cotton).

That means that in 2012, NU will start to be short on O-Linemen ready to contribute. Making the huge assumption that all 8 So. and RFr./Fr. pan out, this is never the case though, then NU will still need 1-2 more players to fill the 2-deep in 2010. This doesn't account for needs by positions that are harder to fill properly, like Center and Tackle. Recruits in the 2011 class MAY be ready to give quality minutes in 2012 with 1 year of development under their belts, but I am going to guess that we would rather depend on a player with at least 2 years in the system over a player with 1 year in the system. That means getting 1 more player in THIS class would be key so he has 2 years to be ready for 2012. Now other non-scholarship players like Choi and Thorson may be able to fill the holes, but we won't know that until next year.