OG Zach Fulton

Nexus

This is why taking 3-5 OL every class is important.

Yes, this is important. The transition year really hurt, need to offset it with a few more each year.

Definately agree, 4 seems optimal. But, a lot of this problem originated w/ Callahan and the 06' & 07' classes more than the transition year IMHO. He overloaded the 06' class, then only took 2 in 07'...1 of which was Burkes who is no longer w/ the program. Pelini did ok the next year with Thompson and Henry which are 2 pretty solid linemen for the 08' class. Stein would have been a beast - but moving him will prove to be a smart decision. (although he would have REALLY helped this year)

I definately like this staffs approach to recruiting much better than the last staff. Regardless of the ranking (which I still think is very important) they are much more balanced in the numbers. It will take a couple more years for the attrition and graduation of Callahan's classes to enable Pelini to recruit & graduate consistent numbers year in and year out. That in itself will help recruit a guy like Fulton in the future, because he will know where he fits in the NFL pipeline.

This is why taking 3-5 OL every class is important.

Yes, this is important. The transition year really hurt, need to offset it with a few more each year.

Definately agree, 4 seems optimal. But, a lot of this problem originated w/ Callahan and the 06' & 07' classes more than the transition year IMHO. He overloaded the 06' class, then only took 2 in 07'...1 of which was Burkes who is no longer w/ the program. Pelini did ok the next year with Thompson and Henry which are 2 pretty solid linemen for the 08' class. Stein would have been a beast - but moving him will prove to be a smart decision. (although he would have REALLY helped this year)

I definately like this staffs approach to recruiting much better than the last staff. Regardless of the ranking (which I still think is very important) they are much more balanced in the numbers. It will take a couple more years for the attrition and graduation of Callahan's classes to enable Pelini to recruit & graduate consistent numbers year in and year out. That in itself will help recruit a guy like Fulton in the future, because he will know where he fits in the NFL pipeline.

Yeah the 2007 year did hurt also, just getting 4 O-Line recruits in 2 years really hurt. Started to fix that last year, have 3 in this class looking for 1 more, and already have 2 great ones committed for next year.

We have been in contact with him for over a year now. Sanders kept in touch even after he committed to UT. That could pay off.

Wow, considering that Sanders had no way of knowing the whole rocky top would blow like a volcano, that is very impressive.

Props to the staff once again.

I'm surprised Sanders was this persistent with contact, he's not known as a particularly aggressive recruiter. Good for him, hope we can land Fulton.

The news on his visit are now on HI

sounds good....

seems like he was impressed.. but will he take it seriously like nebraska is the place for him... too early to tell now... but honestly pleasantly suprised doenst sound like was blown away or anyting for some reasons (!)

The news on his visit are now on HI

"more than i expected"

top headline...

teaser....

With the changing of coaches at Tennessee, Homewood (Ill.) offensive lineman Zach Fulton decided to explore some other college options. An official visit to Nebraska was his first stop, and it went very well.

anyone else with the info fill us in

He said the visit went great......went out with some players. Anthony Blue was his player host. He's looking into a couple other visits, one to Illinois for a day and possibly Oklahoma or Alabama. Still considering Tennessee but LSU is out as their class is full.

Quote:

"They'll (Nebraska) definitely be one of my top choices when I decide in one or two weeks. Or maybe even earlier than that."