Next Season

Personally, I don't think that it matters all too much if we are outside of the top 10. The main thing is that we take care of business and do what we are supposed to do...there is not a single game on the schedule that we cannot win. That being said, anything less than a BCS game would be a disappointment considering the circumstances.

I would say at least a 10 win season is to be expected minus injuries. We might as well end up like oklahoma last year. Helu, Lee, and Burkhead have all shown to be injury prone.

Exactly! What were fan expectations for the Sooners in 2009? A few key injuries can spell many defeats in a quality conference. What if Lee goes down in the first game? There is no way we see 10 wins, it's that simple. I expect the Huskers to play hard and compete. As long as they do that, I don't care what their record is.

I'm leaving all prediction aside until Fall Camp starts. The reason being, I don't want to make bold predictions before we know exactly who is going to be playing.

You think we lose to ISU or Texas if we have a bruising back like Castille still around? Especially a healthy Castille?

Or what if Burkes hadn't taken an indefinite leave of absence? Does our o-line stay healthier and consistent with the depth he brings?

I believe we have the potential to be a 10-2 or 11-1 football team. We also might even be a dark horse national title contender. I don't think I can necessarily predict that, but I do believe it is extremely possible.

it wasnt the best ive ever seen...

Care to elaborate?

sure....

The 1984 Nebraska Cornhuskers defense allowed 9.5 points per game. The 2009 Nebraska Cornhuskers defense allowed 10.4 points per game.

That to me is a better defense....

Team Scoring Defense

(opponent points per game)

1984 9.5

2009 10.4

Hey... you weren't alive in 1984! :cop:

I'm expecting at least another 10 wins next year when all is said and done. (CCG and Bowl game)

Care to elaborate?

sure....

The 1984 Nebraska Cornhuskers defense allowed 9.5 points per game. The 2009 Nebraska Cornhuskers defense allowed 10.4 points per game.

Team Scoring Defense

1984 9.5

2009 10.4

I'm expecting at least another 10 wins next year when all is said and done. (CCG and Bowl game)

never said i had to be alive!!!!

ive seen the highlights and they were a very lights out defense....

Care to elaborate?

sure....

Team Scoring Defense

1984 9.5

2009 10.4

never said i had to be alive!!!!

ive seen the highlights and they were a very lights out defense....

Cheater.

I would say at least a 10 win season is to be expected minus injuries. We might as well end up like oklahoma last year. Helu, Lee, and Burkhead have all shown to be injury prone.

I'd probably say that only Helu has shown that he's injury prone. He was hurt all season and couldn't seem to get healthy. Obviously Lee had a torn tendon in his elbow that needed to be surgically repaired, but fought through it all season. Burkhead's injury was just a fluke, when I think of an injury prone player I think of someone who's had several seasons with issues, i.e. Zach Bowman, Bob Sanders(Colts). I will agree if we have several key injuries we could very well only win 3 games, you just never know.