Nebraska needs to stop sitting on their hands!!

So does he even have any D2 offers? If not, I think that pretty much solidifies the walk-on offer the coaches have given.

He does have at least one right now that I know of from NW Mizzou State...not a bad DII program.

I couldnt imagine UNO NOT offering a kid with his talent in their own front yard.

So does he even have any D2 offers? If not, I think that pretty much solidifies the walk-on offer the coaches have given.

He does have at least one right now that I know of from NW Mizzou State...not a bad DII program.

I couldnt imagine UNO NOT offering a kid with his talent in their own front yard.

He does have an offer from them as well I believe. NWMS and UNO are two pretty good programs at that level.

SO which would we rather offer a scholie if we could do it again....

Cotton VS. Marsh....

winner takes all

i'd go with Marsh on this one but would stil give the guy a gray shirt or priority walk-on as of now

I'd definitely take Cotton. About 10 times the chance that he'll see the field as opposed to Marsh. Marsh battles against 3-4 players consistently for the QB spot or tries to play in a defensive position that the coaches obviously target with top talent in their recruiting. Cotton can't be much worse than the line we've been putting together recently.

He does have an offer from them as well I believe. NWMS and UNO are two pretty good programs at that level.

What percentage of tuition, room, board, books, fees, etc. are D-II paying out with scholarships these days? I remember back when I graduated high school in '03 that the best that any D-II school was offering my teammates and I was like 1/2 tuition, books, etc. With this in mind, as an in-state kid, it might be better to go to UNO or hold out for a Husker offer rather than go out of state on a D-II scholarship.

Some D2 schools do not give full ride but there are a lot that do. One way they get around this is at the D2 schools that may not be able to give you a "full-ride" athletic scholarship; they give you a combination of a partial institutional academic scholarship and a partial athletic scholarship then it becomes a full ride. They also have outside awards and dedicated scholarships that they use towards this.

For crying out loud. Get over it and offer Millard South all state QB Bronson Marsh a scholarship before Kansas or a DII school snatches him up. The kid has plenty of talent and enough heart to make a huge impact on the football team and become the next Eric Crouch or Scott Frost. This kid has the kind of stuff those two guys were made of, to deny him the opportunity would be a tradgedy and a slap in the face to what today is known as the "theory" of in state recruiting. Talented players like this come out of Nebraska once in a while, a diamond in the rough. I don't care how many stars rivals gives the kid. He has proven his ability on the field! COACHES! QUIT DRAGGING YOU"RE FEET!

Take it from former Husker Andy Means, he knows a thing or two about what it takes to win in the game of football.

OWH Article on Marsh with comments by Andy Means

Kanas is ready to pounce on Nebraska's potential recruiting error in judgement

After rereading the original post I thought that part was kind of an interesting choice of words.

Let's get this straight.......if Marsh was from another state, and he was sitting with 0 DI offers and just because his HS coach wants him to attend his alma matar and says he can play, how many on this board would be "GIVE THIS KID A SCHOLLY NOW"..........CRICKETS, CRICKETS, CRICKETS...... thats what I thought. I agree with all of the above posters (except initial) on this one. Just because the kid is in the backyard does not mean the Huskers owe him anything.

Its funny HuskerBob mention Everidge, because he was the first person I thought of. I really, honestly wish Marsh nothing but great success (unless he plays for KU :ahhhhhhhh ), but if NU offers him and misses a chance on a big time get, it would be a shame.

Hopefully, he wants to attend the University of Nebraska and will accept the grey-shirt or perferred walk on offer. I love for him to be a Husker, but not at the expense of a 5* DE or 4* DB.

Anyone else seeing this turn into a Allan Evridge type of situation?

And oh boy, we would never have had our dip if we would have got Evridge to commit (not commenting on your post, just using it as the diving board)...

Seriously, Bronson is a nice story. BUT, there is some reason why NOBODY in D1 football is offering him the schollie?!? Let him walk-on and if he is as good as some think, he will have his schollie year 2 and be able to prove he's the next Eric Crouch (someone above made claim, NOT ME).

I'm not rooting against the kid, I'm just observing the fact that not a single recruiting expert is clamoring about this "hidden gem". Rudy, maybe; on par with a heisman winner -- hahahahaha....

And oh boy, we would never have had our dip if we would have got Evridge to commit (not commenting on your post, just using it as the diving board)...

Seriously, Bronson is a nice story. BUT, there is some reason why NOBODY in D1 football is offering him the schollie?!? Let him walk-on and if he is as good as some think, he will have his schollie year 2 and be able to prove he's the next Eric Crouch (someone above made claim, NOT ME).

I'm not rooting against the kid, I'm just observing the fact that not a single recruiting expert is clamoring about this "hidden gem". Rudy, maybe; on par with a heisman winner -- hahahahaha....

perhaps you haven't noticed, but there are kids that make the NFL every single year that never got a D1 offer. heck, i can think of a few recently from UNO alone. i'm all for getting kids to walk on if we can, but at some point you just have to offer the kids you think are good enough and not worry about why no other schools saw what you did.

perhaps you haven't noticed, but there are kids that make the NFL every single year that never got a D1 offer. heck, i can think of a few recently from UNO alone. i'm all for getting kids to walk on if we can, but at some point you just have to offer the kids you think are good enough and not worry about why no other schools saw what you did.

I think in some of the cases why the players aren't getting offers from D1 schools is because they might be a little lazy and the coaches don't really think they can contribute. Then once the players get to college they realize they have to really push it and play hard and then their true talent comes out and scouts see what they can do. Thats only some cases though.