Suh to the Eagles?

I dont think anyone is saying that the Rams shouldnt trade down to get a bunch of picks. All anyone is saying is that McNabb isnt an asset.

HAHAHAHA, that is an absurd statement....

McNabb is definitely a quality QB and an obvious Top 8-10 Passers in the NFL...he has 2 or 3 good years left and would give the Rams time to develop a guy they draft this year in the 2nd Round or later even. I don't like Colt McCoy very much as an NFL QB, but he may serve their needs well, 3rd Round or later QB, that is knowledgable and has proven to be a winner. Give someone like him some time to sit and learn the NFL game, like Aaron Rodgers did, and I think McNabb could be a huge asset.

Besides, which QB on the market or in the draft would improve a team as much as McNabb could???

I think this is an absurd statement. WHY IN HELL would you want to trade a #1 DRAFT PICK and potential FRANCHISE PLAYER for 10+ YEARS for a QB that is on the decline and may, MAY be able to win you a couple more games? That's dumb.

I dont think anyone is saying that the Rams shouldnt trade down to get a bunch of picks. All anyone is saying is that McNabb isnt an asset.

HAHAHAHA, that is an absurd statement....

McNabb is definitely a quality QB and an obvious Top 8-10 Passers in the NFL...he has 2 or 3 good years left and would give the Rams time to develop a guy they draft this year in the 2nd Round or later even. I don't like Colt McCoy very much as an NFL QB, but he may serve their needs well, 3rd Round or later QB, that is knowledgable and has proven to be a winner. Give someone like him some time to sit and learn the NFL game, like Aaron Rodgers did, and I think McNabb could be a huge asset.

Besides, which QB on the market or in the draft would improve a team as much as McNabb could???

I think this is an absurd statement. WHY IN HELL would you want to trade a #1 DRAFT PICK and potential FRANCHISE PLAYER for 10+ YEARS for a QB that is on the decline and may, MAY be able to win you a couple more games? That's dumb.

I don't think getting a proven QB and trading down in the 1st round is absurd at all...plus you are going to get more picks for him later in the draft too...

This is one of those deals that will never happen because the value of a player like McNabb is so different from person to person. As I posted above, I would only do it if it involved swapping 1st round picks and adding a pick or two later in the draft....

Why would McNabb want to go to the Rams? He probably has 3-4 more good seasons in him, and his last major goal is to finally win a Super Bowl. So if he wanted to be traded, it would be to a team that has the talent in place to make a Super Bowl run in the very near future. The Rams are the exact opposite. It seems like a horrible move for both parties, but especially McNabb.

The guy is old. That's the point. Why is he worth anything to a franchise that has nothing around him to work with? You want a franchise qb you better go young or build the surroundings first. Look at KC. Cassel won't do squat until the oline and recievers improve. Can't believe our knowledge of football is being questioned because we don't think an ancient qb throwing to lousy recievers with 0 line blocking is a good idea.

The guy is old. That's the point. Why is he worth anything to a franchise that has nothing around him to work with? You want a franchise qb you better go young or build the surroundings first. Look at KC. Cassel won't do squat until the oline and recievers improve. Can't believe our knowledge of football is being questioned because we don't think an ancient qb throwing to lousy recievers with 0 line blocking is a good idea.

What is the alternative for the Rams????

My whole point is that this could be a very good move for them to stop the bleeding, somewhat, and give them time to develop a franchise QB behind McNabb while adding more pieces in the coming years.

There was one insider blurb about it.... Its all a rumor. Thats why its in here.

Fair enough. Here's my 2 cents.

The Rams would be foolish to trade away the #1 pick, unless they get a deal that would include 2 1st round picks & a veteran QB. There's a lot of talent in this draft (not couting QBs), and it would be unwise to take a QB based on how the vast majority of 1st round QBs end up in the NFL.

If they can't cut a deal similar to that, then that's OK b/c they really can't lose with the 1st pick, especially if they take Suh. Who cares if he's another Husker product? I highly doubt the Rams think that's some kind of hex (see: Wistrom, Grant). Take a look at the NFL's best teams & there's one definite similarity among them all - a strong defensive line - b/c the best teams know defense wins championships, & the D-line is the foundation of that.

Obviously the Rams have lots of holes, but they can really pick up steam if they build that D-line. After that, they should focus on the secondary b/c their pass D was horrible (solid D-line will aleviate that too). If not the secondary, they need to get better on the O-line before they improve the QB situation b/c if they can find a way to open more holes for Stephen Jackson, they'll have the 2 biggest pieces of successful NFL football down pat - defense and running attack.

i can see them trading the #1 pick for multiple draft picks. That would make sense to me

:yeah

If I had the top pick I would trade it for more picks. Suh is awesome and everything but the Rams have so many holes I don’t think drafting him does that much for them. Say they draft him and their DL improves it still doesn’t change the fact that the rest of the team stinks. Trade the pick and get more value picks IMO.

What pick do Browns have? I could see them getting rid of either Quinn or Anderson and improving St. Louis immediately. St. Louis needs so much but first and foremost I think they need a quality starter at QB then build around that guy.

I don't believe that teams still think they can build their team from the top down. The foundation of any team Pro or College is the Offensive/defensive lines.

T_O_B