Braylon Heard Senior Vid

I'm just realizing this kid is the #5 RB on Rivals.com. What can I say - I gaze at stars in my pasttime. They aren't everything, but when a guy is #5, it's a pretty SIGNIFICANT get...for some reason it always felt like he was just some guy we got very quickly who happened to be a 4-star. Maybe this is a bit of a weak year for RBs? Pretty amazing we weren't fighting against bigger hitters to get him, and I'm really glad we did get him.

Stars or not :)

Big-time RB recruit and it's been a short bit of a while since we've had one. Now we could have one two years in a row!

Not really knowing too much about analyzing videos, but I saw a few plays where he relied only on his speed to run around the defensive player. Not going to fly in college. But I was very impressed by his vision and cutting abilities. I think we will see him playing somewhere as soon as he gets adapted to the speed of the game next year. Maybe use him as a returner, just something to get the ball in his hands. Bell's another kid that could provide a spark in the return game (if they decide to not use Paul next year, kind of stupid not to though), but I see Bell redshirting to get his weight in the 190 range before he really starts playing.

A lot to like - I would note that he runs outside only when that's the opening, especially off of the option, which is the design of the play. When the opening is there, he takes it, inside, outside or backside. Doesn't go down with first contact, a great trait for a speed guy. And finally, in addition to a good burst he seems to have what I call long speed. He just keeps getting faster as the play goes on. Several times it looked like guys were running even and then he just started pulling away. We haven't had an RB with good long speed since Ahman.

He may be a step up from the guys we have. I'll be surprised if he redshirts.

Thanks for the linky. :thumbs

I'm just realizing this kid is the #5 RB on Rivals.com. What can I say - I gaze at stars in my pasttime. They aren't everything, but when a guy is #5, it's a pretty SIGNIFICANT get...for some reason it always felt like he was just some guy we got very quickly who happened to be a 4-star. Maybe this is a bit of a weak year for RBs? Pretty amazing we weren't fighting against bigger hitters to get him, and I'm really glad we did get him.

Stars or not :)

Big-time RB recruit and it's been a short bit of a while since we've had one. Now we could have one two years in a row!

Rivals has him as a top 5 back. But Scout has him as a top 75 back. Huge discrepancy here.

Does anyone think Heard could play right away?

Yes, he will share time with Helu Jr, Birkhead. He had almost 2000 yards and 9.25 Yard per carry last season for one of the top high school teams in the nation.

Maybe they can get Birkhead and Heard on the field at the same time.

Crabtree had some very good thing to say about him.