Braylon Heard Senior Vid

Wow! His senior year highlights are incredible! I also saw his soph highlights and wasn't that impressed. But, dang this kid is impressive after just those 2 years of development. He appears to have great vision and be a quick decision-maker when hitting holes. He knows how to make guys miss with elusiveness similar to Helu; he runs with some power (won't go down w/o a fight), and possibly best of all, he has explosiveness to separate him in the open field. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this guy is the perfect mix of Helu & Burkhead, with definite similarities to Ahman. Let's just see what our coaches can do with that potential.

I've been impressed with this kid ever since I heard we were pursuing him. Can't wait till Coach Dobson & Beck get him ingrained into the system. The possibilities are endless if he possesses the right attitude.

No doubt Nexus. I know that he is a lot shorter, but he really reminds me of LP with the way he runs. Add another 15-20 lbs of good weight on this kid and he is gonna be unreal.

I'm just realizing this kid is the #5 RB on Rivals.com. What can I say - I gaze at stars in my pasttime. They aren't everything, but when a guy is #5, it's a pretty SIGNIFICANT get...for some reason it always felt like he was just some guy we got very quickly who happened to be a 4-star. Maybe this is a bit of a weak year for RBs? Pretty amazing we weren't fighting against bigger hitters to get him, and I'm really glad we did get him.

Stars or not :)

Big-time RB recruit and it's been a short bit of a while since we've had one. Now we could have one two years in a row!

I hope you are meaning Braylon right after Rex.

I'm just realizing this kid is the #5 RB on Rivals.com. What can I say - I gaze at stars in my pasttime. They aren't everything, but when a guy is #5, it's a pretty SIGNIFICANT get...for some reason it always felt like he was just some guy we got very quickly who happened to be a 4-star. Maybe this is a bit of a weak year for RBs? Pretty amazing we weren't fighting against bigger hitters to get him, and I'm really glad we did get him.

Big-time RB recruit and it's been a short bit of a while since we've had one. Now we could have one two years in a row!

Agreed . . . and let's make it 3 in a row with Aaron Green . . .WHOOOO EEEE!

Wow, it looks like he just throws it into another gear that nobody else can get to.

Reminds me of a Touchdown Tony Dorsett from Pitt. I think that guy won a Heisman. If he has NFL speed, he looks like he is going to do some serious damage here.

http://www.athlete.com/tony-dorsett

Pull up some youtube videos of him at Pitt. 5'11 and 190 lbs. Heard is 180 lbs and about the same size.

Check this out. Looks like Heard to me.

Oops - you're right. I did forget about Rex.

After watching the video, I saw three things that I really liked. First off, his speed, he's pretty damn quick. He's got great acceleration off a cut and great top speed as well. Second, I liked how he carried the football, tight to his body and high. Third, from what I saw, he was very efficient in using his blockers when he had them. I saw a couple of times where he was downfield into the secondary and slowed up to let his receivers tie up a guy and then cut off them to score. This is a huge get for us. I'm excited to see him play