How much do you really like Bo?

Bo is As Nebraksan as a Person Not From Nebraska Can be. The Opposite of this is As Not Nebraskan as a Person Not From Nebraska(Callahan) and As Not Nebraska as a Person From Nebraska Can be(Pederson).

I like Bo just fine because he seems to get us and our tradition.

Seeing as in year two he was 1 second away from winning the Big 12, I think its perfectly reasonable to expect a Big 12 title or two. But we all experienced what happens if you get rid of a guy who wins 9 or 10 a year. I'm fine with that, unless the losses are all embarrassing. Upsets will happen, and NU will get upset with Bo, its just how football goes. If the seasons are similar to this one where the losses are close I will be happy.

I think Bo will be around as long as Coach Osborne is here. If Tom leaves, then the guidance that Bo so desperately needs is gone. If it takes 5-10 years for Coach Osborne to retire, I think we are in good shape.

I am not convinced that Bo is true Head Coach material yet. I love is passion, his work ethic, his motivation and that he seems to love it here. I am very concerned about his sideline actions and his explosivness. He did seem to make steps at the CCG. Keeping it out of site so to speak.

If Bo runs the program with no NCAA infractions, no melt downs that emabarss the university and the program, I see him here for awhile.

If he maintains what he has done so far, I would be very happy he is and was our coach. Maintianing consistent teams that play for the CC is all that I am looking for. MNC are all about luck. I never expect them.

At first I was totally against Bo coming here, but he has changed my mind. He does the job he has done the last two years he can stay her for life as far as I concerned.

Good thread. Bo makes it hard to like him sometimes, but our tolerance level is high right now. It's sort of a complex issue -- if you ask me, I don't think it matters much what kind of guy a head coach is, as long as he's not a total embarassment and he wins. It's probably a cynical view, but that's the way it usually goes -- win and we'll find reasons to love you; lose and we'll find reasons to dislike you. It all boils down to winning.

Put up an article on this on Better Off Red yesterday actually -- would be curious what you guys think. Here's the link.

Judging from our past as a fanbase under the T.O. regime, I think we'd stick by Bo per your hypothetical question. Here's why:

NU under Dr. Tom

12-13 bowl record

5-12 against our biggest rival Barry Switzer (Oklahoma)

Never lost more than 3 games per season

7 consecutive bowl game losses ('87-'93)

Took 21 years to win a NC

^^ This says a lot about our fanbase in the past and I feel like we'd do the same for Bo too. But under T.O. it didn't always go without criticism. At the end of each season we always found it within ourselves to say "we'll get 'em next year" until we finally got one, 21 years in the making. Therefore I think Bo would be given the same chances that we gave T.O.

We bought into what T.O. was selling us in the same way that we're buying what Bo is selling us today. It goes beyond sheer win-loss numbers. It's about preserving the culture that is Nebraska football. Bo gets it. As fans, we know he gets it, so there's going to be some leeway in those years when things don't pan out as expected.

:yeah Plus, I think it makes a huge difference that it was the great Dr Tom that hired Bo as the HC in the 1st place. If Osborne believes Bo will continue to lead this program in the right direction and hold fast to the Nebraska tradition, I think that goes a long way in the minds & hearts of those who bleed Husker red. We've long been regarded as one of the most loyal fanbases, and I think that loyalty stems from our tradition of hard work and respect, both of which are qualities Bo clearly holds in high regard.

Good point. However, I would argue that T.O.'s judgment did hurt us a bit with Frank Solich. Everybody has their opinions on the matter though. Some people consider that hire to be what led to our downfall this last decade. But that is neither here nor there.

I like Bo, even if it takes us awhile to get back to the national championship game. However, I don't think the state or the university will give him 21 years to get there. Times have changed.

Judging from our past as a fanbase under the T.O. regime, I think we'd stick by Bo per your hypothetical question. Here's why:

NU under Dr. Tom

12-13 bowl record

5-12 against our biggest rival Barry Switzer (Oklahoma)

Never lost more than 3 games per season

7 consecutive bowl game losses ('87-'93)

Took 21 years to win a NC

^^ This says a lot about our fanbase in the past and I feel like we'd do the same for Bo too. But under T.O. it didn't always go without criticism. At the end of each season we always found it within ourselves to say "we'll get 'em next year" until we finally got one, 21 years in the making. Therefore I think Bo would be given the same chances that we gave T.O.

We bought into what T.O. was selling us in the same way that we're buying what Bo is selling us today. It goes beyond sheer win-loss numbers. It's about preserving the culture that is Nebraska football. Bo gets it. As fans, we know he gets it, so there's going to be some leeway in those years when things don't pan out as expected.

I don't know how I missed this post but what an excellent answer. I will be a Bo supporter for years. I was a Pelini supporter since 03' and have been since. I followed him when he went to OU and then LSU. The way Bo took our team into the Alamo Bowl and had them play from their hearts and almost shutout Michigan State and had Smoker running for his life too.

The players and fans respected Bo after that win and chanted his name to become the next Nebraska Head Coach. I fell comfortable saying this but I believe in my heart that Bo will be here for a very long time....maybe 10-15 years.

Bo's a good fit for Nebraska football. If in 7-8 years we're holding steady with 9-10 wins per season but not looking like an occasional contender for the national title, I'll be a little disappointed, but I'll still like Bo. As long as it doesn't appear Bo is satisfied with 9-10 wins and keeps pushing for improvement and trying to find ways to get us to the next level, that's fine with me. And I'm pretty sure that's how he'll always be, no matter where he is (always trying to improve and doing what it takes to get there).

100% behind Pelini and this staff. I think winning division titles is a must, and competing/winning Big XII Title games is as well. As long as we are in the running for the National Title every few years and winning hopefully, getting to Conference Title games/BCS bowls and winning a fair share, I think those are reasonable expectations.

Obviously there is more than winning though.

It's about representing the state/school with pride in knowing that we are Nebraska, and that we play hard on every down and as fans we cheer our team until the very end and stay classy as well in time of losing. It's also about maintaining our traditions, remembering our roots, and knowing where we came from, to appreciate how great this program is now, how good we have it, and better yet, how much better it can become.

Respectible fanship, hard playing teams, never giving up, showing pride, maintain the past and look towards the future, as well as on the field expectations. We have seen 'dark days', and hopefully we don't see them again.

As fans, I think that's all we can ask for.

Either way, if you combine the expectations on the field, with everything off the field, we are in great shape, and that makes us Nebraska.

• Fire 1

I support Bo for one reason. He is the head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Team. End of story. Almost. I supported Callie for the same reason, but I always had the feeling that the jury was still out on him, even after the Alamobowl win and the Cotton Bowl appearance. Is it going to work out? was always in the back of my mind. It was clear during the 2007 season that the answer was no. Callahan clearly lost that team. With Bo, I don't have that feeling. It feels solid, even with the offensive struggles last year. I just get the feeling that it will work itself out and the program is headed back toward greatness. If there are a couple of less than stellar years ahead, I will still feel that way. The difference? I feel like I can see it in the effort on the field.

Sorry to bring up the past, but it's relevant to the present in my mind here. I definitely don't want to hijack this thread.

If we ever go 5-7, I am confident that Bo has the balls to fire whoever he feels is responsible. Unlike Cill Ballahan, where he just COULD NOT fire his dear friend Cevin Kosgrove(didn't really work there) in order to try and retain his job. I am in no way saying we should have kept Cill Ballahan though, so don't get me wrong here.