Adrian Fiala out of broadcast booth

Fiala was always more than solid. Which brings me to this question.

Why does "management" always mess with something that works and works well?

I agree.

I have no problem with Adrian Fiala, so I'm actually surprised there seems to be so much animosity towards him. He was a quality announcer in my eyes and I generally enjoyed what he had to say. So what if he "said stuff we already all knew"? It seems like some of you don't even listen to sports talk on a regular basis. Most of what sports announcers say is stuff we already know. The only people in sports who tell us what we don't know are the guys on ESPN giving us breaking news.

People always find ways to screw up a good thing. Yes, it was a little unorthodox to have a play-by-play announcer and two color guys, but I enjoyed it. Matt and Adrian added their own spice to the show. I don't see why we have to be like every other school and have only two radio guys. Just because it's the "norm" doesn't mean it's right.

I haven't gone through and read the other comments yet, but wanted to add my 2 cents to this topic.

I feel bad for Adrian.

He is a good person and you can tell from his radio and big red wrap up video.

I don't listen to the games on radio much, and I don't know if Matt D is really any better or not.

What I do know, is I watch the big red wrap up tv series, and hate listening to him.

There were times this season, where I wanted to take his parts of the video, chop them up, sentence by sentence at times, and then add my commentary to it, and post it on youtube.

I don't make youtube videos at all, and then it dawned on me the time required to do this, and really it boils down to this guy just repeats or makes stuff up and doesn't really think about what he is saying.

The word I personally came up with for him was: GasBag... as he is just constantly spewing crap without thought.

Now, I do think he is a good guy, good person, I wish no harm to him, I just don't want to listen to him.

I will be glad that when I am forced to listen to a radio broadcast, I won't have to listen to him.

I am sure he will be ok financially, he is a husker and part of husker nation, and embrace him for all he has done for the Huskers.

Good luck Adrian

EDIT: u guys that mention Damon Benning, he is definitely a good analyst, better than good, one of the most thoughtful and accurate.

I never listen to the football games on the radio, unless I absolutely have to. But I'll miss him.

I hope he'll still be doing the baseball games.

I used to listen to the radio while watching the game on tv, but Janet and Justin f'd that all up for us dedhoarse .

its a lil more effort than one should have to go through to do so, but with my DVR i can stop the game as needed to make the radio broadcast sync up. There seems to be just as big of cushion on the radio side, they just time it out differently with breaks and stuff. It seems to work good enough for me, and I rarely listen to the TV broadcasts.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

WHY HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS!!!??? Thanks for the post!

I agree.

I have no problem with Adrian Fiala, so I'm actually surprised there seems to be so much animosity towards him. He was a quality announcer in my eyes and I generally enjoyed what he had to say. So what if he "said stuff we already all knew"? It seems like some of you don't even listen to sports talk on a regular basis. Most of what sports announcers say is stuff we already know. The only people in sports who tell us what we don't know are the guys on ESPN giving us breaking news.

People always find ways to screw up a good thing. Yes, it was a little unorthodox to have a play-by-play announcer and two color guys, but I enjoyed it. Matt and Adrian added their own spice to the show. I don't see why we have to be like every other school and have only two radio guys. Just because it's the "norm" doesn't mean it's right.

Maybe because i haven't listened to a football game on the radio in forever has something to do with this... But why the love? Have you ever listened to the guy do a baseball game? He is TERRIBLE.

I never listen to the football games on the radio, unless I absolutely have to. But I'll miss him.

I used to listen to the radio while watching the game on tv, but Janet and Justin f'd that all up for us dedhoarse .

its a lil more effort than one should have to go through to do so, but with my DVR i can stop the game as needed to make the radio broadcast sync up. There seems to be just as big of cushion on the radio side, they just time it out differently with breaks and stuff. It seems to work good enough for me, and I rarely listen to the TV broadcasts.

I'm not quite sure how that would work since the radio is already ahead of the tv, slowing down the tv would just make it worse.

I agree.

Maybe because i haven't listened to a football game on the radio in forever has something to do with this... But why the love? Have you ever listened to the guy do a baseball game? He is TERRIBLE.

:yeah

Couldn't agree more. Terrible

• Fire 1

I'm not quite sure how that would work since the radio is already ahead of the tv, slowing down the tv would just make it worse.

well, i can tell you from personal experience that the radio here in good ol' union, nebraska, is no where near being ahead of my satellite game broadcasts. :dunno im not sure how it works for folks getting over-the-air digital broadcasts, or cable, or what have you...but it honest to gawd works for me and my set-up.

well, i can tell you from personal experience that the radio here in good ol' union, nebraska, is no where near being ahead of my satellite game broadcasts. :dunno im not sure how it works for folks getting over-the-air digital broadcasts, or cable, or what have you...but it honest to gawd works for me and my set-up.

I don't know much about them, but they do make radios where you can set a delay. I don't know how much they cost either, but I do know they exist. Just Google "delay radio" or something to that effect.

They probably bumped somebody out to save room for more commercial spots. I can barely do post game radio for that reason. When it comes to player interviews or the post press conference coach's interview, you get maybe a two sentence answer followed by ten minutes of commercials. Unbelievably annoying.

I 100% agree the commercials are way, way too lengthy and obnoxious to the extreme. I simply hate them with a full passion.

"Get you Husker Herbacide....1st down!!....order now, before it's too late!....2nd & 15....we're in the I formation.....get your new John Deer tractor at 84th & Vine.....this opportunity to too good to pass up!....blah, blah, blah......

It's simply sickening what they've done to Husker Football radio. They let the parasites take over completely.

Great, but why the hell can't we have Kent and Gary back. Everything else about Husker football is heading back to the glory days, might as well be the broadcast booth too.

You got my vote!

I would "love" to have them back. Let all the Swain/Rose fans have their own different channel to listen to....