ESPN 1480 Changing Format

Lincoln is really just an overgrown country farm town. Omaha decided a long while back that they were going to strive for a little more progressive feel and actually do what they could to work towards becoming a real city. Lincoln tries to maintain a small town feel while gaining the benefits of a city, but fails miserably at both. Lincoln would be far better off if it would just make up its mind.

It was hard enough with only one sports station in town. What the deuce am I gonna do now? Tell you what, Three Eagles hits ya where it hurts 'cause if my memory serves me right "The Spread" with Peters & Nancy stopped airing the week of the Big 12 championship. Now they shut down the entire ESPN radio just before the Super Bowl. The pain...oh the pain :nutz

Ah hell. I relied on them for MNF one night when I had to go down to Lincoln. Guess I better avoid driving there on Monday nights now.

You should avoid driving to Lincoln if at all possible. This place has worn me down - granted, I'm a somewhat young person, with ideals that, in general, differ with what people here desire. I don't want to get into politics, but I literally feel surrounded by Dick Cheneys....with the town being run by Dick Cheneys (I'm sure you all catch my drift).

This place could be so much more if there were some innovative policy-makers running the show. Instead, we have a bunch of small-town-thinking folk running things (with a big-city spending mentality).

It's a joke.

You should avoid driving to Lincoln if at all possible. This place has worn me down - granted, I'm a somewhat young person, with ideals that, in general, differ with what people here desire. I don't want to get into politics, but I literally feel surrounded by Dick Cheneys....with the town being run by Dick Cheneys (I'm sure you all catch my drift).

This place could be so much more if there were some innovative policy-makers running the show. Instead, we have a bunch of small-town-thinking folk running things (with a big-city spending mentality).

It's a joke.

This is true, but the sad thing is that Lincolnites feel as though they're very liberal. They believe they are the most liberal town in Nebraska.

NOTE - I'll be moving this to BS later today. It's only vaguely about Husker football at this point. If you want to continue this conversation later on, it'll be down there.

Recently, the AM station here in Sioux Falls that had ESPN radio from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm daily changed its format and we lost ESPN. What also happened was that ESPN then began broadcasting on a new FM station with ESPN on 24/7. This could also be happening in Lincoln.

I also find it a bit distressing that there is so much bad mouthing of Lincoln. The city of Lincoln had nothing to do with what this radio station decided to do. Its the radio station guys, not the city of Lincoln.

T_O_B

:boxosoap

I also find it a bit distressing that there is so much bad mouthing of Lincoln. The city of Lincoln had nothing to do with what this radio station decided to do. Its the radio station guys, not the city of Lincoln.

Meh. I've lived in Lincoln for 20 years and I can verify that the slings and arrows being directed at it are justified.

• 4 weeks later...

haha...i was thinking about this a week or so ago when I was heading down south of lincoln and started losing 1620 the zone. I was like "crap, Im not going to have any ESPN in my world." Good to see they came to their senses. Sounds like the type of thing someone should lose their job over, considering how its played out.