Rome just pimped NU and Bo

There was a caller from Omaha wanting to give props to Bo. After the call Rome stated he really likes the players Bo is bringing in and Bo is working his plan and his plan is working. Rome also stated before Bo is done NU will be bonafide NC contenders and will achieve great things while he is there.

You know your coaching staff is doing something right when recruits go out on their own and pimp out a program, bringing in other recruits. Viral marketing is best. We all know this.

I think he is talking about Jim Rome, the radio show Rome is Burning, not Chase Rome the recruit.

Double. sorry, did read ahead enough. :facepalm:

This is definitely good news, but I'd rather it be from another national pundit. Rome has always rubbed me the wrong way; give me Cowherd any day of the week!

I just hurled on my keyboard. Cowturd has got to be the biggest, most idiotic, two faced, spineless, self centered, back pedaling, D-bag on the planet! I would pay money to punch him in the face. Here is a nice quote from about a week ago that I heard on an ESPN commercial, "If it wasn't for USC and Ohio State, nobody would care or talk about college football." Really??? What a freak'n moron. :box

• Fire 1

This is definitely good news, but I'd rather it be from another national pundit. Rome has always rubbed me the wrong way; give me Cowherd any day of the week!

I just hurled on my keyboard. Cowturd has got to be the biggest, most idiotic, two faced, spineless, self centered, back pedaling, D-bag on the planet! I would pay money to punch him in the face. Here is a nice quote from about a week ago that I heard on an ESPN commercial, "If it wasn't for USC and Ohio State, nobody would care or talk about college football." Really??? What a freak'n moron. :box

hey...didn't they suck in the 90's?

Yea, but he also said something to the effect, 'Will Nebraska win the National Championship next year? No, but...(see billdozer's quote)'

Why not next year? Who else is there? We can compete with anyone in the country.

Our defense can compete with anyone in the country. Our offense is what's keeping everyone from pimping us. We were 75th in Scoring Offense last year and 99th in Total Offense. Anyone who watched our games saw how anemic the offense was. That's what's holding everyone back.

With the way that our offense played this year we might as well lined suh up at running back lol

There was a caller from Omaha wanting to give props to Bo. After the call Rome stated he really likes the players Bo is bringing in and Bo is working his plan and his plan is working. Rome also stated before Bo is done NU will be bonafide NC contenders and will achieve great things while he is there.

You know your coaching staff is doing something right when recruits go out on their own and pimp out a program, bringing in other recruits. Viral marketing is best. We all know this.

Lol, I read the topic as Chase Rome at first too. Funny mix-up don't worry bout it

Yea, but he also said something to the effect, 'Will Nebraska win the National Championship next year? No, but...(see billdozer's quote)'

Why not next year? Who else is there? We can compete with anyone in the country.

Our defense can compete with anyone in the country. Our offense is what's keeping everyone from pimping us. We were 75th in Scoring Offense last year and 99th in Total Offense. Anyone who watched our games saw how anemic the offense was. That's what's holding everyone back.

Agreed, but with how horrible the offense was, is there anywhere else to go but up? (fingers crossed)

Not to dedhoarse but how close were we to a one-loss season with that offense?

Is it September yet?

GBR

only 219 days to go my friend!!

I like Rome simply because he gives a lot of love to Nebraska.

I will say this, though. He rambles a lot on his show. If somebody calls in and has a bad take he does not shut up about it for awhile. One time, he spent five minutes rambling about some guy who called up and started singing. Come on, Romey, that's five minutes we could have had hearing other sports talk.

And Cowherd, well he just goes off on tangents all the time. He got into politics for a good 10 minutes yesterday.

Jim Rome has always been a fan of Bo from what i hear. I actually like Jim rome a lot. I talked to a guy who was Romes Producer for a few years and he says Jim is one of the hardest workers he has ever met, and a true professional who does not take for granted what he does.

I have a lot of respect for Jim. Dont always love how he goes about his show but i respect him.

cowherd is a sorry excuse for a radio/television personality. he never says anything of value and he has the weirdest takes. when he is talking about something worth listening to, which is rarely, i always disagree with him. he makes michelle beadle seem like a distinguished intellectual.

edit: also, i really like rome, he is an acquired tastes, but he is very unique and entertaining, and sometimes informative.

like sipple, I am not so sure bo is the type of guy that is motivated by money and think as long as he has success, he will thrive and enjoy being here, there will be some tough roads, but i think bo can handle that... I am not so sure allot of us, myself included could handle living in the nebraska football fishbowl. part of the empathy comes from watching others go through it, imagine for a moment if it was on your shoulders, what he is trying to do, is extremely difficult.

cowherd is a sorry excuse for a radio/television personality. he never says anything of value and he has the weirdest takes. when he is talking about something worth listening to, which is rarely, i always disagree with him. he makes michelle beadle seem like a distinguished intellectual.

edit: also, i really like rome, he is an acquired tastes, but he is very unique and entertaining, and sometimes informative.

I vehemently disagree. I think Cowherd seperates himself from many other personalities who just scream "SPORTS!! SPORTS!! SPORTS!!!" and instead looks at the bigger picture of topics, relating back to world issues, historical accounts, and especially (my favorite aspect of him) regional differences and biases. I won't try to get into a "who's smarter" discussion, but I feel as though Cowherd appeals to higher level thinking and doesn't take things merely at face value.

Agreed, but with how horrible the offense was, is there anywhere else to go but up? (fingers crossed)

Not to dedhoarse but how close were we to a one-loss season with that offense?

Is it September yet?

GBR

I still think we coulda beat TTU with a servicable offense. I don't remember every detail of that game, but wasn't our defense on the field a lot? Weren't there a couple key turnovers? I honestly believe NU could have been undefeated with an offense that was no better than decent. So I will join you in dedhoarse

Sometimes I wonder if Jim Rome is a die hard Husker fan