Red Field

cb1954

In a word to this idea in Nebraska: No

The NCAA needs to lay the hammer down on this. It is the equivalent to playing with camoflauge. It is an unfair advantage. The field itselfe is to be universal and when an opposing team can basically disappear in the color when matching their uniform with it, it lends an unfair advantage. I would suspect if Army replaced their field with a digital camo pattern and suited up with their digital camo uni's that would garner some attention from the NCAA, atleast i would hope.

/This should end the thread, spot on analysis.

//Hates watching games at Boise State. Even the bowl game there was bad enough to watch.

Red is the easiest color to see during the day and the hardest to see at night. Wonder what that field will look like during night games, illuminated only by a few light posts.

Eastern's stadium is worse than most big high school fields. I can't imagine them ever playing a night game there. I don't remember if I saw lights there even.

Red is the easiest color to see during the day and the hardest to see at night. Wonder what that field will look like during night games, illuminated only by a few light posts.

Eastern's stadium is worse than most big high school fields. I can't imagine them ever playing a night game there. I don't remember if I saw lights there even.

The picture kind of kool looking, but would I like Nebraska to do the same no way.

I guess now Michigan State is getting into the act now, but since their colors are green it won't be to noticeable.

Now if Hawai gets into the act and goes with a rainbow field thats going to far. chuckleshuffle

Yeah, but at least simulate grass. Next thing you know, Oregon will have a highlighter yellow field.

OMG, and then the sun hits that thing, my eyes!!

I do agree that football is played on grass or turf, it should stay green, ruins the classic sense of the game when its colored like that.

But you do have to acknowledge the art of their new field and how cool it looks.

I cant help but think (read: hope) this is a gimmicky fad that will go by the wayside within the decade, either by simple public disdain or NCAA legislation. The stuff has to be replaced eventually, and the odds a school like EWU having the funds conveniently available again to splurge are slim to none The only one i see holding out would be boise state, and thats fine with me. They were the first to really stake a recognized claim to it, so let 'em have it as much as i despise it.