Who is your Favorite husker QB?

As much as I loved Touchdown Tommie, gotta go with Frost. The block he threw against A&M and the other game that year where he got a late hit, out-of-bounds penalty for slamming the guy on the sideline after he threw an interception were golden. Also, he could run the Option pretty well (specifically the 1997 Washington game comes to mind).

I just watched that A&M game this week! Man the block on Newcombe's reverse was spectacular. A true earholer!

And I agree about Scott running the option. In the 97 Washington game, though, neither of his TD runs were option plays. They were QB keepers all the way, TO's new wizardry put in for that game (that play would be used later in the year, though. I believe for a TD in the Orange Bowl, for example). They had some option look to them, but they were basic single-wing type tailback runs, off tackle. The sort of thing Urban Meyer copied for Tebow. ;)

... and thanks, RedDenver, wouldn't have missed it for the world. :cheers

As much as I loved Touchdown Tommie, gotta go with Frost. The block he threw against A&M and the other game that year where he got a late hit, out-of-bounds penalty for slamming the guy on the sideline after he threw an interception were golden. Also, he could run the Option pretty well (specifically the 1997 Washington game comes to mind).

I still remember the first year he played. We all hated him. I still remember that joke that was going around. Q: What do husker fans and farmers have in common? A: Both don't want Frost on their fields lol. But then next year we smacked peyton manning in the face and won the championship. all was forgiven

Can't quite get past Berringer being handed the ball at the Miami 10 yard line and immediately throwing an unforced interception in the end zone. Had to be saved by Tommy coming off the bench.

Crouch was just too horrible a passer to get my vote, but I've never seen a player his size take so many huge hits and pop right back up.

Scott Frost ran perhaps the best play action fakes outside of Brett Favre. Probably as tough as Crouch, but bigger. And a little slower. But like Crouch had really poor passing technique. His play action was so good (and we ran to set up the occasional pass) that Frost almost always had guys wide open. But they were always catching the ball at their feet.

Turner Gill. Sounds like he came before the time of you young people. Ran the option as well as anyone and passed better than Frazier, Frost or Crouch. Not quite as fast or strong of a runner himself, but ran a beautiful and prolific offense for three full years.

And because I was a kid and he simply went out there and led the Huskers to their first two national championships: Jerry Tagge.

Crouch could throw a good block now and again also.

Van Brownson

How about favorite "almost was a Husker but flipped commitments" QB? I'd have to go with Josh Freeman. Laying the wood to him for four years was epic.

But my favorite quarterback would have to be Frazier. The things he did for the program were incredible.