Countdown: October 16 Texas vs. Nebraska

will one of your creative minds create a nu-tx 10/16/2010 hype up youtube video. that would be pretty sweet. so i can watch it for the next 107 days. COLLEGE GAMEDAY INVADES NEBRASKA 10/16/2010!

last game we played on my b-day...USC at home Sept. 15, 2007 :facepalm:

I feel your pain on that one since we have the same birthday. That was a rough night

will one of your creative minds create a nu-tx 10/16/2010 hype up youtube video. that would be pretty sweet. so i can watch it for the next 107 days. COLLEGE GAMEDAY INVADES NEBRASKA 10/16/2010!

last game we played on my b-day...USC at home Sept. 15, 2007 :facepalm:

I feel your pain on that one since we have the same birthday. That was a rough night

I went to the 2002 Iowa State game in ames on September 28, that was my birthday.... worst game i've been to so far.

I know this has been talked about in another thread but I cant find it. But this game seems to be set up for a 2:30 kick, which sucks. Somebody tell me if I am wrong, but tOSU vs Wisc is already set for 7 pm and ABC is already set to show the Charlotte NASCAR race at 7:30. To me this means we will be put on ABC at 2:30, unless we set it as a night game and ESPN reverse mirrors tOSU/Wisc and NU/UT on ESPN and ESPN2. :espnsucks:

I know this has been talked about in another thread but I cant find it. But this game seems to be set up for a 2:30 kick, which sucks. Somebody tell me if I am wrong, but tOSU vs Wisc is already set for 7 pm and ABC is already set to show the Charlotte NASCAR race at 7:30. To me this means we will be put on ABC at 2:30, unless we set it as a night game and ESPN reverse mirrors tOSU/Wisc and NU/UT on ESPN and ESPN2. :espnsucks:

As of right now, it can't be a night game on ABC or ESPN. ESPN currently doesn't have any selection for a Big 12 game that day. FSN has all the cable rights for Big 12 games that day. If ABC doesn't pick it up for a 2:30 time, then FSN will have it on at 7:00 that night. Only way it can be on ESPN at night is if they can work out some agreement with FSN to sublicense them another game or swap with them. Not sure if that's even possible though.

As of right now, it can't be a night game on ABC or ESPN. ESPN currently doesn't have any selection for a Big 12 game that day. FSN has all the cable rights for Big 12 games that day. If ABC doesn't pick it up for a 2:30 time, then FSN will have it on at 7:00 that night. Only way it can be on ESPN at night is if they can work out some agreement with FSN to sublicense them another game or swap with them. Not sure if that's even possible though.

It would seem logical for ABC to pick it up @ 2:30. Is there anyway we can hold out and request a night game thus FSN picking it up for nighttime broadcast? Or are we at the mercy of ABC.

It would seem logical for ABC to pick it up @ 2:30. Is there anyway we can hold out and request a night game thus FSN picking it up for nighttime broadcast? Or are we at the mercy of ABC.

We are at the mercy of ABC. Nothing we can do about it. Stinks but it does look like it's going to be a 2:30 game.

We are at the mercy of ABC. Nothing we can do about it. Stinks but it does look like it's going to be a 2:30 game.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. The last time we beat a Top 10 team in Lincoln was 10/27/2001 against #2 Oklahoma and that game was played in the afternoon.

Assuming Texas comes to town ranked in the Top 10, there will be a lot of similarities to the 2001 OU game. Texas is bringing a first year starting QB. OU also brought in a first year starting QB in 2001. Bottom line is, we won that big game in 2001. I plan on seeing that happen again on 10/16/10.

I'm okay with an afternoon game. It worked in our favor in 2001, it surely can work again in 2010.

BTW, notice how you can rearrange the numbers from 2001 to 2010? Superstitious much? ;)

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. The last time we beat a Top 10 team in Lincoln was 10/27/2001 against #2 Oklahoma and that game was played in the afternoon.

Assuming Texas comes to town ranked in the Top 10, there will be a lot of similarities to the 2001 OU game. Texas is bringing a first year starting QB. OU also brought in a first year starting QB in 2001. Bottom line is, we won that big game in 2001. I plan on seeing that happen again on 10/16/10.

I'm okay with an afternoon game. It worked in our favor in 2001, it surely can work again in 2010.

BTW, notice how you can rearrange the numbers from 2001 to 2010? Superstitious much? ;)

I have no problems with an afternoon game. Would just prefer a night game on ESPN so it will be national instead of regional. And good catch on the years. :D

I have no problems with an afternoon game. Would just prefer a night game on ESPN so it will be national instead of regional. And good catch on the years. :D

I would like the game to be in primetime so people who work during the day, like my dad, can watch the game that night. Plus, there's something cool about a huge night game.