Zac Lee Rehab

It would definitely be nice to know if they think he'll be participating in Spring Ball in any way.

not trying to be rude, but who cares if he is back in time for Spring Ball... I dont think even a "healthy" Lee is going to beat out Green and Spano. While I want to believe

Lee was hampered with injury, the fact that he kept playing on it and not saying anything to the coaches proves that he is the "selfish" type as opposed to the players

who puts team (Suh is a fine example of such a player) before self. I hope Lee is recovering, but I dont think his absence is going to hurt our offense any. <_<

This is a joke right?

I believe the coaches knew from day 1, but they along with the doctors decided he could play. He was sadly our best option.

I cant say that green will do better than lee next year. Green really hasnt proven anything yet

Unfortunately, watching Cody Green this year made me realize that there was a reason most schools were looking at him as an athlete. I still hope he reaches full potential, just not sure his fullest potential wouldn't be found outside of the pocket.

Let's be honest.... he looked pretty bad throwing the ball. Like, worse than Jammal Lord (I love Lord, by the way, but he couldn't throw a football...

I talked to a player the other night at the OU game, he said if Martinez can learn the system, hes got a real good shot. Said hes a hell of a player...

i am in the camp that will not be surprised one bit to see martinez push for the job just as hard as anyone else. kid is overlooked.

Unless by some miracle that Cody Green makes leaps and bounds as a player this off season, i still see a healthy Zac being the #1 QB entering spring. Spring ball will be great competition but it is still his to lose.

In point of fact, an unhealthy Lee outplayed Green and beat him out this past year --- albeit Green was new and inexperienced. That said, Green, I would suspect --- unless as has been pointed out by others he somehow improves light years over the summer --- has little chance of pushing Lee for the starting position.

I will root for young Mr. Green as much as the next guy and truly hope he really develops --- but it is clear in retrospect that he should have redshirted last year. My hope, actually, is that he redshirts next year --- assuming that Spano and/or Martinez can be able back-ups. Let Cody Green develop and grow into the position with a redshirt.

• Fire 1

It would definitely be nice to know if they think he'll be participating in Spring Ball in any way.

not trying to be rude, but who cares if he is back in time for Spring Ball... I dont think even a "healthy" Lee is going to beat out Green and Spano. While I want to believe

Lee was hampered with injury, the fact that he kept playing on it and not saying anything to the coaches proves that he is the "selfish" type as opposed to the players

who puts team (Suh is a fine example of such a player) before self. I hope Lee is recovering, but I dont think his absence is going to hurt our offense any. <_<

The coaches and the entire team knew of his injury. When I asked my nephew why he didn't tell me of Lee's status his answer was simple. He said "because you're not on the team or part of the program."

• Fire 2

Silly old me, but when you have an injury, it normally hurts when you try to use that injured area. My guess is that Zac felt quite a bit of pain everytime he threw the ball or used it to defend himself during a game. Taking that into consideration, I feel he gave a tremendous amount to the team, that none of us were aware of, never whining, quitting or looking for sympathy. To me that shows leadership. Knowing that the others were not ready, and I seriously doubt the so called front runner ever will be, he took it for the team. Lamblasted by everyone for his poor display in games. Then after he does these things some call him selfish and ridicule him. Got to be great to be a Husker player sometimes.

He came up a few notches in my mind. I was not impressed that he was going to be our starter this year, but his loyalty and play through it for the team has impressed me. I hope he starts next year and has a fantastic season. He deserves it. If we have another starter next year my guess is that it will be Martinez. I have doubts that Green will ever be the starting QB for Nebraska. I just do not see this talent that some do. Hope I am wrong.

• Fire 2