Don't get to excited.

I can understand your concern, but I think there's one major factor that will cause that from happening...

Bo Pelini

Past two years, we've had chances to completely sh*t the proverbial bed, but that didn't happen. We talk ad nauseum about his tenacity, but what I think falls by the wayside is his ability to modify his plan of attack during games. He has an ability to adapt, improvise, and overcome.

I think everyone has fears of the team who lost to ISU last year but i think one main different is our HC. Bo is a no nonsense guy. He will ask for the best from his players, and wont accept horsecrap excuses. I dont think we are national champ quality yet, but i would say 2 losses and Big 12 champs would work for me.

:yeah

One issue with your comment sir/ma'am. We're Nebraska, not Ole Miss, or as I call em, Mississippi.

Why is it that whenever I compare Nebraska to any other team someone says something like this. I obviously don't think we are "Mississippi" (I have heard them called that about as many times as I've heard LSU called Lousianna State University). I am just using the other teams as a frame of reference.

Anyone who thinks that we can contend for a NC next year is basing it on two assumptions, one of which is a really, really big one-that being putting something that resembles an offense on the field(No, we didn't do that this year), and two, our defense being as good as they were this year-not out of the question, but that bar is pretty high.

If our O looks like it did this year, all NC will stand for is "no chance".

The best player on our team just left for the NFL and we don't have a dependable QB, so I'd agree, except I just don't see that much pre-season hype. We're certainly not going to be a pre-season top 10 a la Ole Miss last year, so I don't think the comparison works. If we're considered a pre-season 15-20 I would consider that an appropriate level of hype.

Anyone who thinks that we can contend for a NC next year is basing it on two assumptions, one of which is a really, really big one-that being putting something that resembles an offense on the field(No, we didn't do that this year), and two, our defense being as good as they were this year-not out of the question, but that bar is pretty high.

If our O looks like it did this year, all NC will stand for is "no chance".

agree 100%. i hope with bringing 10 starters back and more depth on the o-line and everyone eles a year older and wiser, we can be a little better.

The best player on our team just left for the NFL and we don't have a dependable QB, so I'd agree, except I just don't see that much pre-season hype. We're certainly not going to be a pre-season top 10 a la Ole Miss last year, so I don't think the comparison works. If we're considered a pre-season 15-20 I would consider that an appropriate level of hype.

You're wrong on that one. The really, really early polls have had us in "the second 5".

I don't think anybody expectations are any higher than they were at the beginning of last year, even with all this NCC talk. I think the difference between this year and last was the potential for success is MUCH higher than last years. The identity of our team has been revealed, and we can really work on improving the holes we now know we have.

.... that being said ....

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

BRING ON THAT TROPHY BABY

bcs-national-championship-trophy_normal.jpgbcs-national-championship-trophy_normal.jpgbcs-national-championship-trophy_normal.jpgbcs-national-championship-trophy_normal.jpgbcs-national-championship-trophy_normal.jpgbcs-national-championship-trophy_normal.jpg

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: