SIGNED DT Todd Peat

Lots of different info coming out about Peat. Most say ASU is the lead and likely winner in the sweepstakes with Nebraska at #2. So much for my Stanford prediction. Others say Nebraska isn't far behind ASU and we have a decent shot. Good news is he is waiting to announce giving our coaches a chance with an in-home.

This is great news. I don't understand why/how this guy is so quiet. Can you imagine in a few years having Kevin Williams and Todd playing side-by-side. This would be a HUGE grab.

I don't understand why/how this guy is so quiet.

...because it's really no one else's business how he goes through his decision making process? i certainly understand kids that relish the attention of this once in a lifetime experience, but let's not forget that this is a very personal decision.

that said, i would love to see this kid in red and am glad that we appear to have a fighting chance. :bonesflag:

That is a shocker, I thought for sure that Stanford had a firm lead over everybody. Well if he is waiting to announc, then an in-home visit could boost our chances alot.

Love the new most wanted...but does this mean you are giving up on Lyons?

Yea, kind of sucks I liked him the most out any recruit still left out there. But Michigan, UCLA, or Stanford will be getting one hell of a player.

I don't understand why/how this guy is so quiet.

...because it's really no one else's business how he goes through his decision making process? i certainly understand kids that relish the attention of this once in a lifetime experience, but let's not forget that this is a very personal decision.

that said, i would love to see this kid in red and am glad that we appear to have a fighting chance. :bonesflag:

I just meant why/how is he being so quiet with us? Why don't we talk about him more?

Lots of different info coming out about Peat. Most say ASU is the lead and likely winner in the sweepstakes with Nebraska at #2. So much for my Stanford prediction. Others say Nebraska isn't far behind ASU and we have a decent shot. Good news is he is waiting to announce giving our coaches a chance with an in-home.

I'm with ya on the Stanford thing too. I swear he had stated the Harbaugh situation was having no bearing on his decision, much like Lyons it had to do more with the school than the coach.

ASU will be tough. Again we can play the whole closeness to friends and family vs continuing ones potential with great coaching and facilities. One also can say Erickson is getting very close to that hotseat with no real consistency of winning. But one can counter argue all the Bo speculation.

Interesting developent. Bo, take Ron Brown and JP and close the deal. And Todd hopefully has struck up a decent friendship with the four guys down in San Antonio. We'll see, still think it will be kind of a shocker if he comes here, not as much with Stanford supposedly out of the picture but still a little bit.

I just meant why/how is he being so quiet with us? Why don't we talk about him more?

good question; probably because there's little news. he's certainly one of the highest profile prospects we have a realistic chance at, particularly when you consider his little brother is big time as well.

good question; probably because there's little news. he's certainly one of the highest profile prospects we have a realistic chance at, particularly when you consider his little brother is big time as well.

His little brother is Josh Turner?

;)

No Peat is not committing today. He has said that like two weeks ago. He originally planned to. That graphic was probably their original list. This is good for NU as now Bo and boys get an in home with Todd and family. It is down to NU and ASU

Woo! Im actually surprised average ASU is still in the running though