SIGNED DT Todd Peat

I have not heard that Bo will there this weekend, but I remember reading somewhere that coaches are only allowed one in-home per recruit. My guess is that he stays home and goes to ASU.

Come on aspeedlin, six minutes ago ya had 55-45 NU, what gives. Effim with ya, You and I are usually on the same page when it comes to recruits. I think it is a straight up coin toss at this point. Todd has a final three but I think it is no secret that it is a two horse race. I say 52=48 ASU. Hopefully Bo and the boys made things a lot harder for Todd to stay in state.

AND FOR THE REST OF YOU. The visit was tonight Tuesday the 18th and Todd will be deciding at the end of the week.

And yes aspeedlin, coaches only getone in home visit per recruit as mandated by the NCAA

I agree, we usually are on the same page when it comes to recruits. But, this kid is just so hard to read at this point in the game. I'm still thinking ASU in the end, as you said too Paul.

According to Peat, Carl had an in-home on Sunday night (the 16th) and Bo will be there this upcoming weekend.

I wonder what Bo tells these recruits about his wandering eye?

What he tells them is that there was a certain discrepancy with him and a certain Chancellor at the University of Nebraska, that has now cleared up and Dr. Tom Osborne and him remain very close and that Bo Pelini and Tom Osborne will be at Nebraska in positions of power longer than that certain Chancellor; AND him and Athletic Director Osborne are both committed to the long term success of the Football program and the student athletes associated with it.

I have not heard that Bo will there this weekend, but I remember reading somewhere that coaches are only allowed one in-home per recruit. My guess is that he stays home and goes to ASU.

Come on aspeedlin, six minutes ago ya had 55-45 NU, what gives. Effim with ya, You and I are usually on the same page when it comes to recruits. I think it is a straight up coin toss at this point. Todd has a final three but I think it is no secret that it is a two horse race. I say 52=48 ASU. Hopefully Bo and the boys made things a lot harder for Todd to stay in state.

AND FOR THE REST OF YOU. The visit was tonight Tuesday the 18th and Todd will be deciding at the end of the week.

And yes aspeedlin, coaches only getone in home visit per recruit as mandated by the NCAA

I agree, we usually are on the same page when it comes to recruits. But, this kid is just so hard to read at this point in the game. I'm still thinking ASU in the end, as you said too Paul.

According to Peat, Carl had an in-home on Sunday night (the 16th) and Bo will be there this upcoming weekend.

Which would be a recruiting violation. Per NCAA one coach in home visit per recruit. Not one visit per coach. Fairly certain Bo, Carl, and JP all visited. Would it really make sense for him to announce this week and then get an in home visit from Bo afterwards? Only way this is possible is if Todd slightly let the cat out of the bag and has been a "silent" commit. Don't see it that way though

Which would be a recruiting violation. Per NCAA one coach in home visit per recruit. Not one visit per coach. Fairly certain Bo, Carl, and JP all visited. Would it really make sense for him to announce this week and then get an in home visit from Bo afterwards? Only way this is possible is if Todd slightly let the cat out of the bag and has been a "silent" commit. Don't see it that way though

I'm not certain on this, but I believe the rule is that the HEAD coach can only visit once. I believe there's also a once per week rule. Somebody find it in the NCAA manual? I did a quick google but couldn't find anything either way.

I'm not certain on this, but I believe the rule is that the HEAD coach can only visit once. I believe there's also a once per week rule. Somebody find it in the NCAA manual? I did a quick google but couldn't find anything either way.

I have been diggin as well, for my own self gratification I suppose. They are allowed six visits in a contact period like at the high school of the player or at a sporting event in which the recruit is playing. My thing is the in home. The NCAA loves to word things very strokey. I probably am banking on the head coach, but I swear in home contact is pretty restrictive. I smell a personal crow sandwich coming when someone does dig up the rule. But I swear the in home thing is very limited.

i think you're correct that only the head coach is restricted to a single visit. odd rule.

What he tells them is that there was a certain discrepancy with him and a certain Chancellor at the University of Nebraska, that has now cleared up and Dr. Tom Osborne and him remain very close and that Bo Pelini and Tom Osborne will be at Nebraska in positions of power longer than that certain Chancellor; AND him and Athletic Director Osborne are both committed to the long term success of the Football program and the student athletes associated with it.

I like that :thumbs

Can't agree with that. Harvey Perlman has done more for the university than Pelini could hope to accomplish . . . and I hope he is with the university until he chooses to retire.